1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    UI mode right click on it
    Does this just permanently hide it or does it hide when in battle?

Edit: wtf is bg lvl?

Bleh I dont know what to do with this alliance. And I hate the new menu waste of a bar ; ;

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Most of the HUD's in this thread look a bit messy, if I may say so. =x
    Spoiler: show

Large focus target because when I do want to focus on a target, it's probably important (usually the tank's HP is here). Enmity List keeps moving down like that, so I might as well just keep it there (it was at the same height as the party list before). Everything on the right vertical hotbar is clicked with the mouse, my cursor is usually hovering over the party list, and I don't want to move it all over the screen to click something. Chocobo/Run/Ethers are all clicked with the mouse, everything else I use keys for. I'm considering moving the ethers somewhere to the right, but I want to keep it clean.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Changed it around again. Pretty pleased with it now.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet View Post
    Changed it around again. Pretty pleased with it now.

You can hide the hotbar numbers under Character Configuration -> Hotbar Settings -> Display -> Display Hotbar Numbers; and right below that you can hide the arrows on Hotbar 1. You can't click the arrows with your mouse anymore if you do that (obviously), but you can still swap through hotbars with Shift+Up/Down. That removes clutter from your screen. I would suggest putting your jobs/classes, if you really need a hotbar for them, to put them on hotbar 9 and 10 (as many as you can on 10, the rest on 9 or so), and HIDE these bars to remove more clutter from your screen. Then, if you want to change jobs, you can just press Shift+Down and hotbar 1 becomes hotbar 10 and you can select your job from there. (There is a small bit of dead space below your general chatlog btw, so you might wanna move that down to the edge).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Since F keys seem to be somewhat clumsy for 5-8, I tried switching up my UI a bit for 8-man dungeons, I still F1-4 for the first four people, but clicking tends to be easier for the last four people. Also added a few extra goodies to help me stay more informed when healing. The "Event" chat log only shows "Actions initiated by engaged/unengaged enemies." and "Detrimental effects inflicted on me/party members.".

I can remove detrimental effect well enough just with the party list, but it's actually nice to see what's causing those effects in the first place.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/o...pse0934f58.png

Btw, Focus Target is a godsend for healers.....

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Random Fail made me remember this thread still exists. Boy I'd hate to heal with some of your HUDs, but out HUD decisions are all a personal matter.

Upgraded from PS3 to PC a week ago, still fine-tuning mine and re-arranging. Not quite liking the screen balance of stuff on left vs. stuff on right most of the time, but I want to keep my mouse around the right-third of the screen, so all my clickables need to be located near it.

Going to ditch the pet bar once I finish working in some macros to consolidate some skills to make more room.

PS3 blurry large goodness

PC

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Magnum Hominem
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Here is my HUD. People should probably mention what their resolution is. This plays a factor into how much space you have to work with. Im on a 19" monitor so mine is 1440x900.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/...0FF04FE4A861B/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seeing all the 1080p UIs makes me jealous. I'm on a laptop, 15.6" at 1366x768, and limit the window to just 720p. http://cdn.bluegartr.com/images/icons/bg/DS.png

It's pretty bad for healing, but for tanking and melee it works. Had to put all the buttons and such to like 60% size or so and cram everything in the sides and corners.

also, forever incomplete primal focus

PS4, 1080p

All info is to the sides, keeps the center clean and open

My parameter bar and buffs to the left, party to the right
    Also the debuffs I get hover right at the end of my chatbox and clearly stands out, so I know to be prepared it be for T6 stacks or T7 voice

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    It's pretty bad for healing, but for tanking and melee it works. Had to put all the buttons and such to like 60% size or so and cram everything in the sides and corners.
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but if you want to clean it up a bit more you could use a macro like this:

/macrobar 8
    /wait 6
    /macrobar 8

I use this for actions that I don't use in battle, like companion/mounts/minions/job changes/teleports etc. This will show that specific macro bar for a period of seconds (6 in this case) and then hide it again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but if you want to clean it up a bit more you could use a macro like this:

/macrobar 8
    /wait 6
    /macrobar 8

I use this for actions that I don't use in battle, like companion/mounts/minions/job changes/teleports etc. This will show that specific macro bar for a period of seconds (6 in this case) and then hide it again.
    Or you could just use Shift + 1-8 to scroll through hotbars, make the hotbars that have stuff like job changes/teleports/mounts hidden on screen. They will still pop up on the 1-8 hotbar if you change it to that hotbar with Shift + 1-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Or you could just use Shift + 1-8 to scroll through hotbars, make the hotbars that have stuff like job changes/teleports/mounts hidden on screen. They will still pop up on the 1-8 hotbar if you change it to that hotbar with Shift + 1-8.
    I unbound the shift 1-8 hotkeys, from accidentally hitting them mid fight lol.

My new UI with the recent changes. Fairly big pics so spoiler. I have a sheet of paper on my desk with the shortcuts for different tabs like Hunting Log, Signs, Waymarks, etc. And it's my goal to remember the shortcuts via keyboard. Anything that does not yet have a shortcut I've put on the right side.

I haven't messed around with macros yet but if there's a way to make a macro to open other things such as HUD layout/Achievements/Party Finder/Player Search then I might do that, bind it to something without a shortcut key like CTRL+P/I/L/B etc and then be able to hide an entire row.

Figured out you can hot key most things except the keybind window itself. The rest I hid and made keyboard shortcuts for.

Final:

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty standard

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Please stop bumping this thread, plans for Seravi to come back with his awful UI

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Please stop bumping this thread, plans for Seravi to come back with his awful UI

Still shit. Overlapping nonsense. HOTKEY YO SHIT PEOPLE, IT AINT HARD.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level