1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    I assume the only way to use cross hotbar with a keyboard is to bind LT and RT to a keyboard key, hit them, then hit whatever key you assign to the D-pad and X O square Y keys? Would be nice if I didn't need an LT/RT button. For some reason when I tried to bind LT/RT to my mouse, it bound but pressing the button didn't trigger it.

Anyways, here's my new layout for the time being:

Spoiler: show
    You just need to take off - Enable direct chat
    In your Character Config.

Default setting has
    Hotbar 1 is 1-0, - , =
    Hotbar 2 is ctrl with those in hotbar 1.
    You can keybind hotbar 3 to alt with those in hotbar 1.

Downside is you need to type / , if you want to chat.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty standard, this is the best I could come up with.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

E. Body
    BG Level

what do yall think of my infrastructure
    best part is that there's plenty of room for hotkeys but i don't utilize em' much
    playing primarily on pad of course

hud set up:

A bit fresh, idea of having other chat / text boxes at the top, but I think it's good idea.
    We don't need to look down to chat boxes.
    I might try it on my HUD.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I had put my battle log in the top left for a little while, but since moved it to the bottom right. I end up changing something pretty much every day by now. This is what it looked like an hour before maint, although you can't see half the stuff that would show up in battle/party.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This is what I made tonight, not sure if I'll keep it but I think I like it enough to try for a bit, had been using default UI all this time.

I use my xbox 360 controller for the game, but i have a razor mouse with 1-9 keys on it and a G19 logitec keyboard. I hate moving with the keyboard, can anyone think of a good mix to be able to utilize hot keys and the game pad?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Idle:

Battle (had to convert this one to jpeg due to size, so lost some quality) Also, sorry about forgetting buffs, but they are just above my HP Bar, re-sized buff bar to large to make them more visible. I am playing on 1080x1920, but have my bottom hotbars/mob health bar/my health bar/ and buff bar resized to large.:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Not my full UI, but this illustrates how I setup my hot keys for use with a Razer Naga. Certainly seems to help with coordination.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psa7dadf33.jpg

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Amazing. I just tried to visualise it on my mouse, and man it's not that bad. Kinda want to try it myself.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

razer naga (or i would imagine any mouse with a 12button pad on the thumb side) is so fucking awesome.... made playing ffxiv so wonderful. having 36 buttons (i hit ALT or CNTRL with my left hand pinky and thumb) allowing me full mobility while always having access to 36 ability slots.
    I could make it 48, but i've yet to see a reason for ALT+CNTRL commands

FFXI on the 360 ruined me it seems. I have a Naga mouse, i still use my 360 controller to play XIV >.>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lordesequiel View Post
    FFXI on the 360 ruined me it seems. I have a Naga mouse, i still use my 360 controller to play XIV >.>
    Force yourself to make the switch. At least try it. I played XI on PS pad for 8 years and was resistant to trying keyboard+mouse, but you're really gimping yourself by only having 16 buttons on your hotbar in this game.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never used a gaming mouse before and the idea of having 12 buttons on the side of the mouse scares me. Is it easy to swap into this way of playing? @_@

Kinda wish I could try one first.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I've never used a gaming mouse before and the idea of having 12 buttons on the side of the mouse scares me. Is it easy to swap into this way of playing? @_@

Kinda wish I could try one first.
    Yes; I could not imagine playing with game without a Naga at this point. I rarely hit the wrong button too despite it seemingly being somewhat awkward; you get used to it pretty quickly and it ups your mobility significantly imo.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Naga is the only thing that allows me to play with m/kb; I'd be way too awful otherwise. The only thing I don't like about my Naga is amount of time it took me to get used to what my thumb was on since there are now tactile indicators. The G600 from Logitech has the buttons curved in a way that you shouldn't (I've never used one) have as much trouble getting used to it. I learned to love it when I was playing Torchlight 2 and later Guild Wars 2. I also have my Caps Lock key to rebind to Control when XIV launches so I can just easily press that instead of reaching down.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't know how common-knowledge this was, but in-game, you can press CTRL+HOME to toggle size of your currently active window. As far as I know, this is the only way to enlarge some HUD elements, such as the notification of caught fish and the like.

Also, holding CTRL while modifying your HUD layout will make elements snap to the grid. (<3)

Is any of this shit even written down anywhere?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

R3 on 360 controller does the window resizing thing as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast