+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

He's arguing that the reason people aren't enjoying it is not because Batman kills people. The reason people aren't liking it is because of the directing/uneven pacing/writing. No one who's not a comic book reader gives a damn if Batman killed some thugs.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

p much fam. This movie could have been fleshed out into 2 good ones instead of a bubbling mass of mediocrity

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    He's arguing that the reason people aren't enjoying it is not because Batman kills people. The reason people aren't liking it is because of the directing/uneven pacing/writing. No one who's not a comic book reader gives a damn if Batman killed some thugs.
    This exactly. There are a lot of problems, but Batman killing people is not one of the important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Batman killing/not killing can always be forgiven with a decent movie, in a decent movie they would have probably explained it, if they had a Batman solo movie first it probably would have been there too. Personal preference as far as characters, but all this moody/broody characters aren't going to do them justice in the long run.

If they made a decent film that made the divergence from the source material worthwhile, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

The general consensus is they did not.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since they fully established that it's older, crustier DKR Batman, him killing people isn't as big of a deal as people (self included) made of it previously.

That said, Snyder has had some horrendous responses to the topic, and hasn't been doing himself any favors in that regard.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

But that particular divergence isn't what makes it a bad movie, so it's a moot issue.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Saying people don't like this movie because "err mah gawd batman kills" is a lame cop-out. People don't like this movie because it flat out fucking sucks with its pretentious imagery, all over the place editing/pacing, and a horrendous fucking script that doesn't bother to explain even the most basic motivation of some characters.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Saying people don't like this movie because "err mah gawd batman kills" is a lame cop-out.
    Nobody said this.

People don't like this movie because it flat out fucking sucks with its pretentious imagery, all over the place editing/pacing, and a horrendous fucking script that doesn't bother to explain even the most basic motivation of some characters.
    Yes exactly. And this is all more important than complaining about Batman killing.

BG Level

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 25, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Nobody said this.
    I'm talking generally because it's a common excuse I'm seeing in the positive reviewers who are trying to be hipster contrarians.

90% of audience probably never read the batman comics and don't give a shit about the killing.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Batman v Superman' knocks out March box office record with biggest opening of 2016
    It's a bird... it's a plane... it's a record box office opening.
    "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" just nabbed the record for biggest March opening weekend in box office history with an estimated $170.1 million total in North America.
    The opening for the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment film overtook the previous March record-holder, "The Hunger Games," which made $152.5 million in 2012.
    The estimated total for "Batman v Superman" also represents the biggest opening of 2016, the largest opening in Warner Bros. history, and the 6th highest domestic opening weekend in box office history.
    The superhero battle starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot was also a huge hit around the world.
    The film opened in 66 markets this weekend, including China, and made an impressive $424.1 million globally. That's the 4th biggest worldwide opening ever.
    Final totals for the film's opening weekend will be released on Monday.
    The film by Warner Bros., which like CNN is owned by Time Warner, (TWX) opened in 4,242 theaters domestically this weekend.
    For Warner Bros. and DC, it was critical that the film took off with audiences because it is the foundation of several sequels and spinoffs the studio has planned around the brand over the next decade
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/27/medi...end/index.html

Pretty impressive. I haven't seen it yet but I'm a huge fan of Snyder, just saw rise of an empire the other day which I loved. I can't imagine this movie is that bad but I'll save my judgements. MOS Was very enjoyable imo but we will see. I'll be happy as long as it's better than age of ultron which I thought was horrible

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't be a first time a shitty movie made money.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Wouldn't be a first time a shitty movie made money.
    Transformers?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Man, it doesn't feel like it's been 4mo since Dec... feels much longer lol.
    Its 4 months with TFA in your life, thats why

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Transformers?
    Weren't they all profitable despite how progressively suck they became?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weren't they all profitable despite how progressively suck they became?
    Yup, because China

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Really what they should have done is made this Batman and opened it with Bruce's point of view, ending it with Superman confronting him.

Then they could just do the rest in a second film.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It shouldn't have been split.

I'm not sure what Superman' s arc is supposed to be but Batman's seems to be about him finding his purpose again. He doesn't go through with the killings at the end and is going to go create and lead the Justice League. As a concept it's a good introduction to Batman without going through his origin story again. The arc isn't big enough for it to be multiple parts and it shouldn't be stretched out as it's just the start of the character.

Superman I think struggles with the idea of being a hero? I'm not too sure where he even begins in the movie. He seems to be establishing himself as a hero but from what we get to see in the movie he just seems to be saving Lois Lane over and over again. Is he supposed to have won people over in the end?

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Movie was fine. Good action scenes and the plot made sense (wasn't Shakespeare, but come on).

I think the bar was set to high with The Dark Knight and The Avengers.

Relax and enjoy a fun comic book action movie.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    Movie was fine. Good action scenes and the plot made sense (wasn't Shakespeare, but come on).

I think the bar was set to high with The Dark Knight and The Avengers.

Relax and enjoy a fun comic book action movie.
    Relax and enjoy "super heroes" murdering people*