• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I like how Champions raises passing TDs to 6, while Keeper lowers them to 3. Gotta make like three different pre-ranking lists, lol.
    good luck with that, would drive me nuts. having to plan differently for a 20 team league is enough for me

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

when the hell are drafts...im getting antsy

Ridill
    BG Level

Well I'm waiting to hear if we've got 14 for keeper but I guess regardless we need to figure out:

Auction or Snake?
    How many keepers?

When's good for draft? I'm eyeing Monday, May 26 at something like 9 eastern. Any other leagues drafting then or anyone in keeper know they can't make that?

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Yeah I'm asking. Been doing it with non BG friends for years.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That date works for me. Id say auction to start. Snake for a brand new keeper league could suck for #14. also 2 keepers

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Also I definitely think 6 is a lot to keep from BGC if you're only doing a 12 man league.

To be honest I think 2qb and idp are kind of out of place there too. 20 man is bordering on it, and of course keeper if you get a great pickup you've got a massive advantage over people in the regular leagues. Imagine having gotten arian foster as a FA or $1/last round deal going into 2010.

If it's gonna be 12 I'd do like...
    BGC top 4
    BGE top 2
    BGW top 2
    BGS top 2
    20 man top 2
    ^This. I understand BGC trying to make all the leagues feel special, but like Plow said they are all too different. I am not sure about 20man, but I was also pretty sure the scoring was the same between C/E/W/S. If it isn't, it really should be.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Well I'm waiting to hear if we've got 14 for keeper but I guess regardless we need to figure out:

Auction or Snake?
    How many keepers?

When's good for draft? I'm eyeing Monday, May 26 at something like 9 eastern. Any other leagues drafting then or anyone in keeper know they can't make that?
    M-May?

I'm down for either auction or snake, I guess. I like 2 keepers.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Auction or Snake?
    How many keepers?

i can make it on that date

i asked earlier but didn't get a response, any chance we can change waivers to faab?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zounder View Post
    Honestly, chances are there are redundant winners/top 6 BGC finishers such that the top finishers from all 8 leagues and the top 6 BGC would all fit, but maybe in the case they don't, there could be a defined priority list for those 8 leagues. Not sure what the priority would be though.
    FYI, there have definitely been redundant winners across the six leagues I identified. Furthermore, there were champs of those leagues that had already re-qualified for BGC through finishing in the top half of the league.

Ridill
    BG Level

I can live with faab if people want it, I personally prefer rolling.

I'm leaning towards auction, with 2 keepers, kept at the price it cost you. FA and Waiver pickups would cost $1 to keep, although if we're using faab and want to get fancy we could set waiver pickups to the price you paid. Budget would have to be low then, like $20 + $1/week or something.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BarthelloSylph View Post
    FYI, there have definitely been redundant winners across the six leagues I identified. Furthermore, there were champs of those leagues that had already re-qualified for BGC through finishing in the top half of the league.
    Could go with a basic setup like I outlined and fill in any redundancy gaps with people from 2qb/idp/keeper.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I like how Champions raises passing TDs to 6, while Keeper lowers them to 3. Gotta make like three different pre-ranking lists, lol.
    Sorry, I need to change that about the scoring. Passing TDs should only be 4. Give me a day or two to fix it, work is killing me.

ETA: Cancel that, apparently TDs are 6 in BGW, and BGC is supposed to have the same scoring as BGE / BGW.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also I definitely think 6 is a lot to keep from BGC if you're only doing a 12 man league.

To be honest I think 2qb and idp are kind of out of place there too. 20 man is bordering on it, and of course keeper if you get a great pickup you've got a massive advantage over people in the regular leagues. Imagine having gotten arian foster as a FA or $1/last round deal going into 2010.

If it's gonna be 12 I'd do like...
    BGC top 4
    BGE top 2
    BGW top 2
    BGS top 2
    20 man top 2
    I'm on board with only keeping the top 4, but I think that IDP and 2QB should be included. Yea, they are different but I like that the BG leagues that have been around awhile getting some representation.

The main reason I can see going for only keeping the top 4 is that it would allow us to include the champions of the keeper league and the money league. I'm not sold on including them yet, but maybe others are. As you note, I can see issues with the keeper league, like where one guy dominates because of a good first draft.

A practical reason for including 6 from BGC (rather than 4) is that it is easier for the commissioner. I've run BGC two years now, and it's never been a painless process to get the newbies into the league (hard to get e-mail address, not everyone checks BG regularly, etc.). Ultimately, it gets done but if I get booted out and someone else takes over next year, I hope they have the same diligence.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Sitting at 8/12 in money league. Missing Akiyama, Headspace, Recuperi, and whoever Calvin and Crosbs was. Have til this weekend to accept a spot before I start taking replacements.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

IDP and 2QB are kind of joke leagues; they don't even have waivers. Like, at all. But I'm good with including them in BGC if that's the consensus, especially since it was 2QB that got me in last year.

I would like to see more than 2 keepers in the keeper league, but since it seems to be the consensus, I'm OK with it. I also approve of auction, with FAAB waivers and keeping players at the cost they were to draft/bid.

When would we be forced to decide on who to keep: Right after the season or sometime closer to the start of the next season? Also, would players be able to be traded before keepers are chosen?

BGW has no waivers either... personally I prefer having waivers, but I took advantage of the no waivers rule a lot

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I wish 2QB had waivers. Even more, I wish 2QB to be renewed.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Zounder View Post
    IDP and 2QB are kind of joke leagues;
    Part of the reason I stopped doing IDP is because it is a pretty terrible league as far as participation. No idea about 2QB.

I'd put BG$ in the hat for having representation in BGC since everyone in there takes it pretty seriously. I mean, $20 is crazy money man.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Personally I like most of the ideas. The main leagues should have the most representation in BGC, being East/West/South w/e since many of the others are gimmicky or easier. Money and 20 man are difficult, they definitely need representation. But to keep it a true champs league, you should retain as little as possible from the previous BGC. Commish+top 2 or 3 only. The league should be entirely based on the other leagues results.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Auction or Snake?
    How many keepers?

I work second shift, so I'll be working at that time, weekends are best for me. However, I work at a PC, there's just some limitations I have on my work PC. I've tried the "Test your system" link to see if the draft baord will pull up at work, but no success. I get a screen that pops up and all it says is "Connecting to server", never goes futher than that. Any suggestions on something I can do to make it work properly?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast