• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    This looks so bad lol. People need to just not buy this so they stop making mobile games, but at the same time, that will probably cause Breath of Fire to never continue again. If it does well though, they will just continue it on mobile. So, fuck them.
    another ten years we might get a kick starter to fund the spiritual successor

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Breath of Fire 6: Maple Story Faerie Village

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    another ten years we might get a kick starter to fund the spiritual successor
    Exhale of the Serpent Wyrm No. 7

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    This looks so bad lol. People need to just not buy this so they stop making mobile games, but at the same time, that will probably cause Breath of Fire to never continue again. If it does well though, they will just continue it on mobile. So, fuck them.
    You people need to learn to let sleeping franchises lie, because this is the kind of stuff that can happen if you don't. I swear to god if I hear one more person start yammering about how there needs to be another Chrono game...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't a numbered title. If it was but gave interest into the series again then it would be okay to ignore.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    You people need to learn to let sleeping franchises lie, because this is the kind of stuff that can happen if you don't. I swear to god if I hear one more person start yammering about how there needs to be another Chrono game...
    Yes I agree, we should totally just not ever have the games that we want made because game companies make stupid decisions.

Clearly the solution to that problem is to hope and pray instead of you know, showing the companies we won't support their stupid decisions by not buying their shitty products.

Capcom's already a dying company and this is clearly a quick cash in to restore some money to their coffers.

Which is exactly why this needs to fail incredibly hard so that it's one more nail in the coffin to getting them shut down; which will be an example to other companies as to why you shouldn't continuously shit all over your fans for long periods of time.

Or you could just learn to let some things end.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I see. So because fans let capcom know there's a following for the BoF series it's our fault that they shat out some bullshit game. ... kay. I guess when they had that vote on their website for games fans want to see again. NOBODY should've voted just in case they misunderstood what we meant and put out a garbage mobile piss game. shame on us

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Shame the fuck on me, then, because I absolutely selected BoF on that survey. I never thought I'd regret it, but yes, this is a Japanese company obsessed with mobile fucking phones.

Just rot, Capcom. Just rot away. Megaman, BoF... Just wither and rot.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    Or you could just learn to let some things end.
    The problem with your logic is that it's not like they would have left the IP alone forever anyways. Even if Capcom goes away somebody would have picked it up eventually and would have done something with it because somebody somewhere would have gone "Hey, this series has/had a lot of fans, let's try and capitalize off of that." It would be a coin toss if said company would have taken a legitimate approach to the IP or gone this route. At least now that this is happening it can go down one of three roads.

It does terrible and they drop the IP entirely.
    They listen to their fans (lol) and see how poorly this does because of the presentation, not because of the lack of interest in the IP and try again later.
    It does well for some stupid reason (generally due to uninformed retards) and they continue raping our childhood.

This was going to happen at some point, regardless of whether or not anybody said anything about it.

We're already seeing reboots of the series from the golden era of gaming and that's only going to happen more and more.

@Lucavi: You forgot Devil May Cry, Resident Evil (5 and 6 anyways, Revelations was a step in the right direction), Bionic Commando and Lost Planet. They've ruined most of their long-standing IPs while managing to do pretty well with their new ones, like Dragon's Dogma.

EDIT: Oh let's also not forget what they did to Steel Battalion... Good god... RIP.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I liked RE5 and RE6 (especially 6), get at me.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nothing wrong with liking things that are bad. The problem comes from trying to convince yourself/others they aren't bad.

Kinda like what Capcom is trying to do with this game.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I liked RE5 and RE6 (especially 6), get at me.
    I concur. Co-op was the tits.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't speak for 6 since I haven't gotten around to playing it, but RE 5 wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't really a RE game, same story with DmC .

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd argue that not being faithful to the source material, especially in a well-established series, is part of what makes them bad games.

Which is pretty much exactly why we're all pissed at this game. As has been brought out in the thread, there are examples of mobile games done right, with certain FF releases for ios. It may not be the exact medium we want but it has the potential to not be terrible.

Everything they've shown about this game thus far though has made it clear this is not an attempt to make a Breath of Fire game, but an attempt to make some cash on the name whilst keeping none of the things we loved about the previous games.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    same story with DmC .
    Haha, no.
    If only this was a DmC thread I would start posting hundreds of videos that show many many reasons why it is a bad game in general and not just a bad DMC game.
    Its just... damn.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh, I enjoyed the game and feel like I got my money's worth, which end of the day is all that really matters.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Even the trailer feels half-assed.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol