FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Also worth noting we're missing Gnat too.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In order to get the Quest for the Beetle Trade in Item, You have to have beetle Unlocked, I'd like to Assume then that Antlion is unlocked another way.

Edit: this

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

I'd imagine Formiceros is the horned Antlion. Considering black beetle hasn't been found, I'd wager beetle spirits for that, and using that + pachypodium skin from spirits I'm gonna guess black antlion is the subspecies from Antlion spirits and that Antlion unlocks via some combination of crawly vermin (since combo species are confirmed via peiste it looks like)
    If I had known these were the only things in the .dats, I would have focused more time down the beast/Lizard path...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'd imagine Formiceros is the horned Antlion. Considering black beetle hasn't been found, I'd wager beetle spirits for that, and using that + pachypodium skin from spirits I'm gonna guess black antlion is the subspecies from Antlion spirits and that Antlion unlocks via some combination of crawly vermin (since combo species are confirmed via peiste it looks like)
    Could be, I was just basing my comment on the screen shots shown in the translated notes about the mog garden unlocking some things. While I know SE isn't always the best with their screenshots, they had the antlion listed there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Also worth noting we're missing Gnat too.
    Gnat seems like a likely option to come from Chig path.

Opo-opo, Manticore, and Gnole as well. It's going to be a long line of things before getting to Behe, even more so it turns out you need a combo of paths at high level. Opo sounds boring, but the other 2 could be interesting.

Morbol at 50 unlocks a Vivan model morbol, not one of the pink aht urgan ones (in referance to the list on previous page).

Edit: Hopefully Purbol is unlocked at 75 morbol? I'll get back to lvling morbol after I get 50 mandy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Not sure of exact requirement but:

Spoiler: show

Definitely requires raptor 50, and I assume eft 50. No idea about lizard/bugard ~30.

White box size, no movespeed bonus. First move is torpefying charge for 100tp.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It isn't pretty like a Spira graphic, but I'll make these for every "branch" I work on. Will finish filling this one in as I finish leveling these three types of lizards.

As an aside, I feel that the monster unlock progression may look something like this based on what we've seen so far, probably with more steps though...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So Rocl is excited to play as a big red flying floppy penis? (so am I, cant wait til i get that far)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Peiste is war/war, big surprise... Delta Thrust at level 10, 150tp: 3 hits + plague.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So Rocl is excited to play as a big red flying floppy penis? (so am I, cant wait til i get that far)
    (*'~') just look at my title mang

Also, partially to make Prothescar feel better and partially to help those out who prefer infographics, the vermin tree as it's known so far:

fifty hours in mspaint

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

60 Coeurl gives you a new Lynx skin that has gold jewelry around all 4 ankles and neck. BLM/RDM. Instinct II: MAB+7 Resist Petrify +25 Double Attack +3% Cost 8

Nothing from NPC on any Coeurl skin. Hmm I guess I'll attempt to push to 75 and pray that SE is just evil and put the next unlock at 75 again.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Lv50 unlocks "Gold Ladybug" from Teyrnon and it costs 7500 Infamy; Luckybug is THF/RDM

Chubbs

75 Sheep unlocks Karakul skin and adds Feeble Bleat. Regular sheep doesn't get Feeble Bleat.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Blackelement View Post

Plantoids
    Mandragora:
    15 - Korrigan (SS)
    30 - Sabotender (S)
    45 - Lycopodium (SS)
    45 - Pygmy Lycopodium (SS) + ???? Infamy (7500?)
    50 - Pygmy Mandragora (SS) + 7500 Infamy
    50 - gobbue (S)

Just some confirmation on something that was pretty obvious. Also, Dream Flower sucks so much. Lasts under a minute if it sticks at all. Photosynthesis only works in the day time (obviously) and isnt very potent, something like 1-2 per tick regen. Leaf dagger has yet to actually land for me, ever. So, Wild Oats is about all mandys are good for! However being a MNK/WHM Lycopodium is pretty fun and almost indestructible.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderleest View Post
    60 Coeurl gives you a new Lynx skin that has gold jewelry around all 4 ankles and neck. BLM/RDM. Instinct II: MAB+7 Resist Petrify +25 Double Attack +3% Cost 8

Nothing from NPC on any Coeurl skin. Hmm I guess I'll attempt to push to 75 and pray that SE is just evil and put the next unlock at 75 again.
    That skin for Lynx is the ones used inside Beastmen Strongholds in the (S) Era.

:D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It appears that another quest for the 25 spirits has been found but Google translate isn't helping me much if someone wants to translate:

マンドラ60で右端NPCからパキポディウ ムの魂を25個集めるクエが発生しまし た。

Also, I'm curious how its displayed if you unlock an new mob from the infamy NPC. Does it tell you when you level up or do you have to talk to the NPC to find it? Having only done the rabbit, tiger, and coeurl I have only unlocked instant useable jobs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Looks like lv60 mandragora opened up the pachypodium quest. Talking to Suibhne is the only way to see the "quests," there's no message or anything-- you have to check him each time.
    Same goes with Teyrnon, there's no message when you level up indicating there's new purchases.

If I had to guess black beetle will be unlocked via souls and be a DRK, black antlion will be unlocked via souls and be a mage, and pachypodium idfk

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

At level 60 Wivre you're able to buy "Unusual Wivre" for 7500 infamy. Appears to be a WAR/BLM, same size as the normal Wivre.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    75 Sheep unlocks Karakul skin and adds Feeble Bleat. Regular sheep doesn't get Feeble Bleat.
    Karakul a new job or still WAR/WAR?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast