+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Payday 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Played a while back. Hoxton breakout is pretty fun. Always had a thing for Shadow Raid though stealth only made restarts constant. Big Bank was hype. Armor Transport was ok but could be short. Plus Day 2 was a pain in the ass stealth if impossible. Haven't played many of the paid DLC though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I'm god-awful at stealthing thingsbut I've got a 4-man crew that manages to do pretty well. We're too scrubby for Deathwish but we've done everything on Overkill.

I haven't touched it since the animation update. They changed the kick on my Bronco and now I can't hit shit for dick. It's frustrating as hell because I was a god damned surgeon with that weapon before.

The most "fun" levels are the ones that let you opt out at any point: Rats/Cook Off, Watchdogs, Hotline Miami. The risk/reward of pushing harder for more or losing it all can be addicting. How's the new exp system? Is it still award only at the end of the level, but varies by objective? I miss how Payday: The Heist did exp. Money picked up / objective completed = experience. That way even if you got partially through a level, you'd make some progress to leveling up.

Is there update process still stupid as fuck? I remember back when it launched, everytime you updated it in steam it would download the ENTIRE game over again, and then delete the original...So I had to have double the space on my HDD just for it alone. one of the reasons I uninstalled it completely.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Any of the new heists pretty grand in scope? I really didn't care for most of them because of how short they were. The 2 best ones were the one that ended by killing people in the bus on the bridge and fusion reactor plans one. I liked the paintings one too, but people always fucked up stealth runs.
    Yes, Big Bank, Hoxton Breakout, The Diamond, The Bomb Heists and now Meltdown are all pretty large. The update process is fine now too.

The new exp system seems good, I haven't had a chance to really mess with it though. On missions like Cook Off and White Xmas that last basically forever (I think 220 bags is the max on Cook Off but that would take like 10 straight hours to do), you can get massive amounts of exp (with 220 bags and I'm Infamy XI that's 220 million exp (on overkill) which is like 100x what you need to go from 0-100 lol) if you go for broke with bags.

Yes you still only get exp on completion of the heist.

Did I mention there are now 2 heists where you can drive vehicles?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you haven't heard, Overkill added microtransactions when they stated at the point that the game came out that there wouldn't be microtransactions, ever.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah... Overkill really shit the bed on this. They've got some work to do if they plan on making it right. Which I hope they do, cause Payday 2 is a fucking awesome game. They also fucked up weapon balance hardcore on day 1 of Crimefest, basically if I were somebody looking at getting into the game, I'd wait for a bit, cause it's a shitshow atm. Great game and the microtransactions really don't affect it that much, but it's the principle of the matter.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I picked up Crimewave edition for PS4. Starting from scratch. Feel free to hit me up if any of you guys are still playing.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gonna be honest, would stay away from the console versions indefinitely. I like Overkill as a company sans the bullshit that happened last week, but I have zero faith in their ability to actually fix the console versions, especially with how much damage control they need to do with the PC version now.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well fuck you then.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So they added the Drills (keys) to the Safes (loot crates) as a end of the heist drop. So you are no longer required to pay rl money for the weapon skins. It's a step in the right direction. They also added First World Bank from Payday 1 as a new map. Fuck yeah, love that heist.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I was actually going to post something about that in here this morning and forgot entirely.

Worth noting, if anyone knew or cares, is that Overkill is completely withdrawing from their microtransactions. With the giant skill overhaul that happened two weeks ago, Almir had stated that any safes that drop in the future just open up on their own, no need for a drill. Skins are staying, but you won't be forced to pay for the means to obtain them anymore. I think that officially goes live on the 21st?

Skill revamp is pretty amazing, by the way. They streamlined a lot of the perks that were "necessary" into the base mechanics: Everyone can take a cop hostage without putting skills into it now, everyone bags stuff quickly, and best of all every single deployable item is now unlocked from the get-go. Your skills just correctly make you better at using them: More medic bag charges, the infinite ammo Bulletstorm perk is now gained when drawing from an ammo bag, you can move around your turrets and stuff, etc.

It's a lot of fun with a high-level build, and I'd recommend anyone who played before and but hasn't in a long while should check it out. That, combined with some of the classic Payday: The Heist levels (So far it's First World Bank, Undercover, Slaughterhouse and Counterfeit) has put this back on the list of "hang out with the guys and play games."

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

any news on if/when that'll go into the console versions or are they SOL? haven't played in ages because it seemed like it had been abandoned for the most part

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    any news on if/when that'll go into the console versions or are they SOL? haven't played in ages because it seemed like it had been abandoned for the most part
    Probably SOL. Console support seemed like a good idea on paper but from what the team said, putting anything through for Xbox costs them money, even hotfixes, and Sony's QA takes forever to get feedback from. I know PS4/Xbone got the "Crimewave Edition" or something with all of the then-recent stuff on it, but I doubt they'll get anything new due to it just being a clusterfuck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Big Score Edition

Spoiler: show
    Payday 2: Crimewave Edition – The Big Score is the latest addition to the Payday family and it’s packed with the most content in the history of the franchise. PD2:CE-The Big Score has all the DLC from PD2 that has been released up through the end of 2015. That’s right, all the heists, weapons, characters, masks and more… it’s coming to console. That includes 10 pieces of premium DLC – over $60 in DLC value – and 20 pieces of free DLC content too! it is the biggest score in the history of Payday!

Payday is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter where you rob banks and get paid. The Crimewave Edition includes a rebuilt graphics engine for console, ramping up the visuals tenfold – see your master plans unfold in a hail of bullets like never before!

Up to four friends co-operate as the crew tackles jobs that become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along the way, earn more money and customize your character with new skillsets that change the way you play, while also building your own arsenal of guns and gear.

Rob banks and Score!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

VR revealed, Beta soon

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Switch Edition coming to NA February 27, 2018 | EU/AU February 23, 2018
    Starbreeze Studios and OVERKILL – A Starbreeze Studio just announced the release dates for the hugely successful cooperative first-person shooter PayDay 2 for the Nintendo Switch system.

PayDay 2 is set to release on February 23rd in Europe and Australia and February 27th in North and South America. This is the first time ever that PayDay 2 will be available on a Nintendo console - both digitally and through physical distribution on cartridge by 505 Games.

With more than 5.4 million community members on the main PC digital distribution platform Steam, PayDay 2 have had more than 160 paid and free updates since its release in 2013. First launched in 2011, PayDay is a cooperative first-person shooter computer and video game franchise with more than 16 million units sold on PC, SteamOS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, soon coming to the Nintendo Switch system. PayDay 2 VR is now also available in beta for HTC Vive and other headsets on Steam.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content