+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Payday 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Payday 2

Is there no thread for this? (Checked 4 pages and didn't see anything and it's released tomorrow)

Anyways, buddy of mine was playing the beta and when I visited I got to play some and see him play. Really fun freaking game. I play a lot of l4d2 with friends but its been getting boring and this game definitely looks to be a ton of fun to screw around with friends in or just kill some time.

Did the bank heist and meth missions when I was watching/playing and I love the feel and look. Shooting your way out of the bank while moving slow because you have sacks of cash strapped to your back is great.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Rewatched Heat to prep for this tomorrow. Preload is up. A few of my friends and I got the 4-pack.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I mentioned it at one point the the general gaming news thread but no one seemed to care so I didn't bother making a thread. I'm pretty stoked for it, getting it on 360

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Played the beta a bit. Did not like how they did the skill tree. Playing with friends is fun. Playing with randos... not so much. Had potential but I think they're shitting the bed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Played the beta a bit. Did not like how they did the skill tree. Playing with friends is fun. Playing with randos... not so much. Had potential but I think they're shitting the bed with it.
    I think it's well worth the $30 on steam. Not sure how much it is on console but it's a nice break from playing l4d2. I agree playing with randoms will probably be annoying but I play l4d2 only with friends + AI so it wont be a huge deal. Stoked about playing it when I get home.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This seems pretty cool - played on steam some as xamichrius and will probably do some more tonight

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game is fun as fuck I don't get how we're not on 10 pages already.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm mildly irritated because the physical copies apparently didn't ship til tuesday and I'm being told it could be as late as friday before I can pick it up. But yeah, while I know it's different I'm really hoping it scratches the L4D itch

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I found l4d/2 coop vs ai kinda dull. Payday is more fun for me than playing infected on Versus if that's any comparison.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I've had surprisingly okay luck with random players thus far, but yeah, mostly I've been sticking with a core group of four. We range from level 45-52 at the moment. The job selection interface (crime.net) is aesthetically cool but functionally sucks ass, especially when you want to repeat a difficult unique job or farm/reiterate a very particular configuration of a job. There's been a lot of respec'ing in my group but I've stuck with Technician; so far we like that aspect a lot, especially how you aren't locked into prereqs unless you're directly upgrading a proprietary skill (i.e. sentry gun stuff).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ya I've had some pretty good luck in fairly quickly finding a lobby with mics and aren't complete tools and then sticking it out for some more heists

I did only games with random people all yesterday and everyone was really chill and cool. Never had people flip out or get butthurt over things or just be asshats. Also C4 is lulz OP

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Saws are even better, but counterbalanced by the fact that they take up the primary weapon slot. Kind of annoying, but the secondary weapon selection is decent. Should also be more bearable with the changes in the latest patch to how weapon mods drop (after you have 2 of a weapon mod, that mod can't take up a drop slot anymore).

Before XIV phase 4 started, we did a regular Overkill Rats and scored $1.16m in spending cash with only 5 cooks completed, so we speculate you could hit 1.5 with the pro version and more cooks.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-and-xbox-one/
    Payday 2: Crimewave Edition is headed to PS4 and Xbox One, developer Overkill Software and publisher 505 Games announced Thursday.

The Crimewave Edition will include "enhanced features and a stash of new bonus content, giving fans the ultimate PAYDAY experience". No release date was specified.

The co-op heist shooter released on Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360 in August 2013. It was followed with a stream of free and paid DLC, adding new weapons, gear, and missions to the game.

Starbreeze Software, which owns Overkill, cited successful sales of Payday 2 as a turnaround point for the company.

"Thanks to our new business model, reorganization and a focus on our own brands, we have - in only two quarters - generated a profit before tax of SEK 104 million," CEO Bo Andersson Klint said. "I would like to think that is what they call a turnaround."

Can't LUA hack on PS4/Xbox so not worth getting! Seriously had hopes for this game but it fell way WAY short of what it could have been.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bump for the release of the first DLC for consoles. Includes the Armored Car heist and two weapons packs. Only took how fucking long. Hit me up on PSN Brillcs if anyone wants to try these out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition announced for PS4 & XBone, includes all dlc (pre-order for even more), coming in June

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...ve-edition.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

June 16th for NA & June 12th for EU

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just released an exp (you now get exp based on how much shit you do in a heist, not just a flat rate) update and another free heist today, along with a ton of bug fixes. Game is very large now and 90% of the DLC is worth getting. I've put almost 500 hours into it and still going strong, play regularly.

Any of the new heists pretty grand in scope? I really didn't care for most of them because of how short they were. The 2 best ones were the one that ended by killing people in the bus on the bridge and fusion reactor plans one. I liked the paintings one too, but people always fucked up stealth runs.