+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommend a Headset     submit to reddit submit to twitter

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Recommend a Headset

I'm in need of a new headset, but I've never actually bought one before so I'm a bit in the dark. A friend loaned me his Logitech G930, and while the audio quality was good and it was fairly comfortable, I didn't like how much it muffled outside noise. Specifically, while wearing it my own voice sounded very muffled and that was frustrating to me.

So, basic criteria:
    Good audio quality
    Wireless(preferably with usb recharge)
    Comfort
    Doesn't make my own voice sound muffled

I've been using Astro A50's for a couple of months now. I'm generally pleased with the quality in sound & wearing for extended periods of time, although after a couple of hours I will begin feeling a slight discomfort around my left ear if I move it.

The battery lasts as long as it is advertised, and its easy to just plug and play when it informs you that it is running low, for those extended play sessions. I wish the mini usb that comes with it were longer, the one I use instead for some reason doesn't fasten into the slot very well and falls out with the slightest movement, might have to mod it.

This is just a minor review on Astro A50, there are tons of different high quality headsets out there, with different pricing, although subjectively the Astro's are a tad over priced.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    I would recommend these for the ps3/4 but the surround sound doesn't work with PC so you would be paying money for the main feature which doesn't work on PC.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have a g930 best thing is to wait for a dale and walk into best buy and price match it with amazon sale price

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I have the G35 which is the wired version of the G930 and I really like them. You're right that they are very good with outside noise cancelling and that does make hearing yourself difficult but the mic is really good and you sound really crisp to the people you're talking to. If you can get over how you sound to yourself I would still recommend them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have the corsair vengeance 2ks. They are light weight and sound pretty ok. I'm actually running an older driver on them because the dolby certified driver sounded worse to me.

My only complaint with them is that there is a structural issue with the plastic where the actual cans connect to the band. It can crack, easy fox when under warranty, and corsairs customer service is great, but it is a glaring issue.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/qpad-...-headset-white

Awesome sound quality and very comfortable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nokia BH-905i's

if you buy them on ebay, make sure to NOT buy them from china, as they will assuredly be cheap half-ass fake ones.

the real ones will cost you about $150-200 USD, i have them and using bluetooth the sound quality is amazing and they're really comfortable, and the bass boost has made my friends go :O

also active noise cancellation :D

edit: noticed you want to use them also for microphone. these do have a mic, but the sound quality is absolute shit, so i can't recommend them if you're going to use voice-com in games

Rather than make a new thread I'm just going to hijack this one.

Can anyone recommend me a pair of wired headphones that'll do a good job of muffling outside noise? I need something to wear in the office to block out co-worker conversations when I need to knuckle down and get some work done.

As I've heard, the Sennheiser PC363D are the best on the market.

However, they have quite a price tag, and you need a sound card to get the full effect of these babies.

Audiophile approved.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

@OP: I picked up the Turtle Beach PX3s from Best Buy for $85 two days ago. I don't like my own voice muffled as well, and this headset doesn't do that. Has everything else you need. I recommend them.