1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Please,please,please,please let this result in a remix of Battle on the Big Bridge.

Throw in Enkidu!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Potential story spoiler from Beta
    Spoiler: show
    Don't they already have a remix of Battle on the Big Bridge during a story fight in Ul'dah? Although I suppose they could use it again/make a new one

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Potential story spoiler from Beta
    Don't they already have a remix of Battle on the Big Bridge during a story fight in Ul'dah? Although I suppose they could use it again/make a new one
    That's a remix of the FF2 battle theme if we're talking about the same battle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh, you're right lol... my mistake

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

DAT MUSIC

I want it SO badly

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jehryn Ambrose
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's interesting that the empty hand is the only hand that has the spiked gauntlet on the glove

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Empty hand must be for Excalibur (excalipoor)? I wonder if we'll find him in Bahamut's Labyrinth or the Crystal Tower searching for it and he fights us because the treasure is all his! Also, genji armor?!
    Gilgamesh is supposed to have his own questline so he shouldn't be part of any raid. Most likely he'll have his own battlefield like the primals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Gilgamesh is supposed to have his own questline so he shouldn't be part of any raid. Most likely he'll have his own battlefield like the primals.
    If that's the case, I hope we can get his weapons. I'd love to get my hands on a Ridill again, even for aesthetic purposes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Psych, it's just a Seiryu's Sword.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not gonna lie, I loved equipping my Fidill with the worst mishmash of Sam gear that I could just to try and get people raging about someone like that having a Ridill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The Ridill has to be a replica: the edge isn't adaman-colored and that'd fit Gilgamesh anyway.

The golden sword is most likely Excalipoor, not Excalibur.

Really pleased with this Gilgamesh design. Giving him the same weapon types as in the FFV sprite was also a nice touch:
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...-gilgamesh.gif
    Now I only hope there are multiple encounters against him, and of course a Clash on the Big Bridge theme.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    The Ridill has to be a replica: the edge isn't adaman-colored and that'd fit Gilgamesh anyway.

Really pleased with this Gilgamesh design. Giving him the same weapon types as in the FFV sprite was also a nice touch:
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...-gilgamesh.gif
    Now I only hope there are multiple encounters against him, and of course a Clash on the Big Bridge theme.

Theme will be there they have no choice, I don't remember any FF where Gilgamesh was a boss without his theme

(exept FFVIII ...... but who cares bout VIII)

Edit : and i remembered that Gilgamesh wasn't a boss in VIII so my point stand!

bah

You were better off not getting him in VIII anyway.

(get Odin after the fight with Seifer/Adel)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Theme will be there they have no choice, I don't remember any FF where Gilgamesh was a boss without his theme

(exept FFVIII ...... but who cares bout VIII)

Edit : and i remembered that Gilgamesh wasn't a boss in VIII so my point stand!
    Also in FF6.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post

I wonder about that though. If memory serves, the whole "ha ha Gilgamesh is a comical character let's imply ALL of his weapons are fakes" was a more recent (i.e. 12 and 13-2) type of thing. Prior to that his weapons were all implied or shown to be legitimate, like having a given world's Excalipoor and Excalibur, or the fact that he actually obtained them from their previous owner (Zantetsuken).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I wonder about that though. If memory serves, the whole "ha ha Gilgamesh is a comical character let's imply ALL of his weapons are fakes" was a more recent (i.e. 12 and 13-2) type of thing. Prior to that his weapons were all implied or shown to be legitimate, like having a given world's Excalipoor and Excalibur, or the fact that he actually obtained them from their previous owner (Zantetsuken).
    He's always on the hunt for rare weapons (which explains why he picked up Bradamante). In FFV he was seeking Excalibur and he believed he found it, only for the sword to really be Excalipoor. The reasons for wanting rare weapons is usually that the rare weapon will be his way out of the void so he can return to his home world.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    He's always on the hunt for rare weapons (which explains why he picked up Bradamante). In FFV he was seeking Excalibur and he believed he found it, only for the sword to really be Excalipoor. The reasons for wanting rare weapons is usually that the rare weapon will be his way out of the void so he can return to his home world.
    I'm aware of that. The comment was in response to the implication that his weapons would be fake by default, which is something that XII tried to claim in contrast to his previous appearances.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The whole fake weapons gimmick just stuck in peoples' heads recently because of the Buster Sword he was holding in FF12 straight up said "FAKE" () on it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    Yeah. He found Excalibur in Final Fantasy VIII's universe, however. But yeah, he's pretty much surfing the Void in order to obtain FFV's version of Excalibur in order to cut his way back to the Void, after the losing fight he had with Ex-Death's minion. In FFXII & FFXIII he pretty much just found fakes. Every other universe has been a legitimate version of that universe's relics.