1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    but who cares bout VIII
    Almost raged. Jinfire level.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I said nothing of all of Gilgamesh's weapons. The ridill being so close but no quite just screams replica, and the Excalipoor would make sense, since Excalibur is what he's always looking for.

As for the discussion that developed... He's admitted to being a terrible treasure hunter before, and he's been a comical and incompetent character in every game he's been in - his main quest is about trying to find a sword (Excalibur) and constantly ending up with its replica (Excalipoor). I'm not sure why you guys are acting like having him pick up some more fake weapons along the way is weird.

To keep on arguing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Every other universe has been a legitimate version of that universe's relics.
    Pre FFXII - which FFs actually mentioned any of Gilgamesh's weapons besides Excalipoor/Excalibur? There's Masamune in FFVIII/VI, and that weapon was still legitimate in FFXII-2 anyway. Anything else?

What I'm trying to get at is: there's no evidence against (nor for) Gilgamesh always having a mix of both fake and legitimate weapons. I don't think FFXII necessarily "changed" anything.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Yeah. He found Excalibur in Final Fantasy VIII's universe, however. But yeah, he's pretty much surfing the Void in order to obtain FFV's version of Excalibur in order to cut his way back to the Void, after the losing fight he had with Ex-Death's minion. In FFXII & FFXIII he pretty much just found fakes. Every other universe has been a legitimate version of that universe's relics.
    Nigga should have just asked Butz to borrow it, especially after helping him out in the Void before the ExDeath fight. Its not like Team Butz doesn't have 14 other legendary weapons (plus rare mob drops) to douche around with.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Where are you guys getting Excalipoor from? The recognizable weapons are the Hauteclaire, Ridill and Nael van Darnus' polearm. Whether or not they're real or not is anyone's guess.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

dat gilgy, the brogamesh

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The recognizable weapons are the Hauteclaire
    That ain't no Hauteclaire. There's more than one golden sword in Square-Enix's fantasy universes.

It's either a re-imagining of the Tournesol (you can see a very similar flower-design crossguard) or they just took the liberty of redesigning the Excalipoor that the original FFV sprite was holding (which this was obviously a recreation of).

It's not likely they would heavily redesign the Hauteclaire when they kept the "Ridill" so cut & paste, nor is it likely that they would feature multiple FFXI weapons in his arsenal... especially one as unimportant as the Hauteclaire next to something so blatantly recognizable and infamous.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Psych, it's just a Seiryu's Sword.
    He got out-lotted by a BST.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Excalipoor is literally the sword he has in final fantasy V

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I said nothing of all of Gilgamesh's weapons. The ridill being so close but no quite just screams replica, and the Excalipoor would make sense, since Excalibur is what he's always looking for.

As for the discussion that developed... He's admitted to being a terrible treasure hunter before, and he's been a comical and incompetent character in every game he's been in - his main quest is about trying to find a sword (Excalibur) and constantly ending up with its replica (Excalipoor). I'm not sure why you guys are acting like having him pick up some more fake weapons along the way is weird.

To keep on arguing:

Pre FFXII - which FFs actually mentioned any of Gilgamesh's weapons besides Excalipoor/Excalibur? There's Masamune in FFVIII/VI, and that weapon was still legitimate in FFXII-2 anyway. Anything else?

What I'm trying to get at is: there's no evidence against (nor for) Gilgamesh always having a mix of both fake and legitimate weapons. I don't think FFXII necessarily "changed" anything.
    If we want to be more to the point and matter-of-fact, just FFV & FFVIII, FFVI appearance is a "retcon" of sorts, much like FFI & FFIV: AY. However, the point can be made that it's the real versions of the weapons in FFVIII (I mean he literally took Zantetsuken from Odin after he was split in half by Seifer). Outside of that, I can se why you can have that mindset on how the weapons he's had are fakes, old games included.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Everyone's talking about what weapons he's holding/not holding, and no-one's talking about the real news here.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grieverbk View Post
    Everyone's talking about what weapons he's holding/not holding, and no-one's talking about the real news here.
    Ifrit-shaped omelettes?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Ifrit-shaped omelettes?
    That was hot.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Ifrit-shaped omelettes?
    You know you want one.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hellfire Omeletes
    Inferno Pancakes
    Meteor Strike Hash Browns

Fuck yeah~

Loving the look of Titan in 2.0 though. He looks like Cuchulainn!

I See your FF12 music and raise you this!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Holy BAZOONGAS

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Distant Worlds was one of the most incredible shows I've ever been to. I hope it comes back to Vancouver sometime soon.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Coming back to MTL this year, don't wanna go solo tho

Quote Originally Posted by Grieverbk View Post
    Distant Worlds was one of the most incredible shows I've ever been to. I hope it comes back to Vancouver sometime soon.
    Ah yes I went to the one in St. Louis and it was fantastic. Got to meet Nobuo Uematsu and have him sign a soundtrack for me. Can't wait for them to come back! Memoro de la stono and You're not alone were definitely my favorites.