1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beta Phase 4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Perhaps on a retainer? I had mine in my inventory so I didn't have to look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    my first party in sastasha was GLD CNJ ACN ACN :V
    Probably ACN is better DPS now?
    They can heal, they have pet to help tanking and DPS, while themselves can nuke (DPS) and debuff also... without much of trouble to nuke like CNJ (Mnd/Int stance).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

ACN 'nuking' <lvl20 is not to fantastic. It's all DOTs pretty much (which is the point) so you wont be putting up any big numbers. I was pleasantly surprised at how well topaz carby can tank stuff (1/1, 1/2 types of situations). Definitely looking forward to seeing how SMN handles things with Titan (7 SMN, 1 SCH clears inc).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    ACN 'nuking' <lvl20 is not to fantastic. It's all DOTs pretty much (which is the point) so you wont be putting up any big numbers. I was pleasantly surprised at how well topaz carby can tank stuff (1/1, 1/2 types of situations). Definitely looking forward to seeing how SMN handles things with Titan (7 SMN, 1 SCH clears inc).
    Yea I'm trying to like ACN but at low levels it is very diffuclt to enjoy. It reminds me too much of when I was a gimp summoner a long time ago with just Carbuncle...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Their damage was actually pretty bad, it was much slower than the next party when I had ARC+LNC

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've levelled arc to 7 so far, I'm having fun, and the carby tank is great. Entirely along the lines of what I was expecting....easier to level than conj in my opinion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I picked up the Legacy chocobo whistle from the moogle delivery, used it and it disappeared from inventory without doing anything. This a bug?

Atma Weapon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should be in your abilities section for mounts now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by RPGTyrant View Post
    Should be in your abilities section for mounts now.
    Ahh, thank ya kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    Their damage was actually pretty bad, it was much slower than the next party when I had ARC+LNC
    This! Just did Dungeon as ACN... I feel bad for the party... It is like I wasn't having enough dmg output :/

Using Emerald Carby, I was!
    Topaz DPS is way too low in my opinion.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Topaz Carbuncle has AoE attacks though which are helpful. I doubt it's gonna match a real dps class. We ran the dungeons yesterday as PLD + 3 ACN and it was a total blast. Never felt slow, just fun.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Topaz Carbuncle has AoE attacks though which are helpful. I doubt it's gonna match a real dps class. We ran the dungeons yesterday as PLD + 3 ACN and it was a total blast. Never felt slow, just fun.
    Did something similar but did 3 acn and 1 thm for the first 3, worked out pretty well(if only a bit slow :3 )

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

So does the main quest stop right after ifrit? I remember in P3 the GC quest started right after. This time nothing.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    So does the main quest stop right after ifrit? I remember in P3 the GC quest started right after. This time nothing.
    Went to GC's in P3, stops at Ifrit in P4

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Went to GC's in P3, stops at Ifrit in P4
    Thanks a bunch. Was starting to think I was on crazy pills

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Arc counting as DD irks me, the damage sucks. Dealing with adds is easier and faster with any other DD any ways, especially THM. The whole job feels too much like the xi mindset where the developer is telling us to use a job one way even though the players have better options for that.

They really need to let it count as a support job.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

ACN is a very good class if you play it correctly. I ran Tam-Tara and our party setup was 3 ACN and 1 CNJ. Mobs died very quickly if everyone is playing correctly and keeping their DOT's on. It is a very had class to with out addons though much like Warlock and Shadow priest in WoW.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think SMN/50 will improve the class quite a bit.

You get abilities that spreads your dots to multiple targets/aoe's. Also just looking at carby abilities at later levels, there is moves that increase your dot damage and does aoe damage (I think this one was 20 or 30).

But ACN damage is quite a bit lower, however not too bad. The filler nuke ruin definitely needs a buff though. I feel like it doesn't improve much especially the higher you get, say compared to THM spell scaling.

Also for dealing damage, I see a lot doing it wrong, you have to multi dot all mobs and be using emerald carby.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Import Aero and Thunder from CNJ and THM and go crazy with DoTs, when you're done with one mob move to the next. Also spam Energy Drain as much as possible and use Ruin when it's not available. ACN is a good class but you really need to keep those DoTs on all the time or your damage won't be as good. Your weapon is also very important because it also affects Carby's stats so keep it updated.
    That said I'm having a blast with the class, can't wait to hit 30 next week and unlock SMN/SCH.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ohh, didn't think of using Thunder too. So many goodies!