1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Beta Phase 4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Was as far as I could get before shutdown.

Sexcat

A. Body
    BG Level

Frankly, low level ACN seems broken to me (or at least more flexible than a class should be). Seems like it can tank and heal at the same time and while the Dots may seem weak, you just have to spread them around to get the most effect. That said, I can definitely see how it seems weaker in DPS and I doubt its tanking ability will scale well into higher levels. A lot of ACN's damage is spread out between Ruin, Dots, and Emerald Carby's Gust. Ruin + Gust = 170 potency, which is pretty decent. Running dots on the target at the same time should make it competitive or at least acceptable, the trick is getting them on as early as possible and keeping them on. The reason Topaz seems like such a great tank at low levels is because of its raw HP. At higher levels I see mitigation stats playing a bigger role, making STR/DEX & parry/block more important variables. Also, I expect Topaz/Titan's def & HP scaling to fall off compared to the actual tanks eventually.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Got my ACN to 20 and loved it. Didn't use the tank pet much because frankly I didn't need to. Tried it out obviously but in dungeons I used Emerald. Have to keep the DoTs on constantly and watch the stacks. Was the first class I levelled so didn't have cross class abilities. I agree with spamming Energy drain when you can. We did the first 3 dungeons as GLA, LNC, CNJ and ACN and had no issues with chaining or dps in general. Like any class, it has its rotations - I found it a lot of fun. Looking forward to SCH though

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So I'm gonna try to make a char on Gilgamesh before OB ends if anyone's awake that can toss me an invite when I get there. Cakey Yama is probably what i'll be going by :>

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unfortunately my beta time has concluded as my work week begins.
    I feel as though I made some decent progress this weekend though, I got (most) what I wanted accomplished (although it pales in comparison to Adajer)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Didn't get half as much as I wanted done due to RL + ingame issues. I wasn't hit with 3102 but did run into quite a lot of bugs that I didn't experience in the previous Betas that hindered my progress. Couldn't even file bug reports due to the forums blowing the hell up. Did manage to sort my inventory on one of my characters at least; that shit was vicious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5