Closed Thread
Page 149 of 161 FirstFirst ... 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I played S6 just long enough to lose a HC witch doc to a lag spike, but not long enough to amass spare gear for a restart, so I stopped. RAGE QUIT! :O

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Ya, this season was extremely disappointing to me and next season doesn't look terribly interesting either. Wtb expansion or D4 I guess?
    Current rumors and job openings suggest Blizz is largely done with D3. Big rumor itself being some major Diablo-related announcement they're holding for Blizzcon. On the other hand, they have various Diablo-related job openings. D3's director stepped down. Apparently recent patch content was supposed to be for an expansion (guessing Kanai's Cube). And, well, we've seen how the last 2 seasons have pretty much went with the third looking more the same.

Typical OF dipshits like to use this as an excuse that D2 > D3 and it's resulted in a flood of what basically boils down to poorly thought out wishlist threads, but I do think the writing is pretty much on the wall for meaningful new content here.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I suspect there will be a new D3 expansion announced. The Diablo universe is still a cash cow, even if D3 wasn't done right at first. It's 1000x better now than it was at launch, and I'm sure the current playership (minus for season 6, I'm thinking) agrees with that.

If not a D3 expansion, maybe it'll be a Diablo MMO, or D4. The job postings say they are not done with Diablo.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The job postings suggest D4, since they talk about a "new project" involving Diablo and there have been previous rumors about much of the existing D3 team being moved off to other projects. MMO seems unlikely given the direction Blizzard is moving in and what happened to Titan becoming Overwatch.

A new expansion would be great but I think it's unlikely at this point. I actually wouldn't be shocked if they tried to make a Diablo mobile game either.

D4 seems the most likely to me, as well. While D3 isn't beyond repair, I think they've kinda backed themselves into a corner with a lot of things where you'd pretty much need drastic overhauls to right things. I agree, it's better now than launch, but on the other hand, I find grinding GRs to be terribly boring and it's the only place you can level gems. The solo/party divide is also still a thing.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    The job postings suggest D4, since they talk about a "new project" involving Diablo
    The term project is a pretty loose term just because of how a process can be considered a project. A project is just a group of tasks that need to be completed before the project can be completed, breaking down tasks into sub categories that need to be completed and produce a deliverable.

So them calling future content of diablo could point to either an expansion or D4 as both of those could very easily fall under the definition of a project.

On the other hand, it doesn't make much sense to gut D3's team if you are doing an expansion for it since they'd be most familiar with what's what. On top of the director scooting, John Yang got shuffled off to WoW, I think. I think this generally leaves Travis Day and Wyatt Cheng as the current "known" devs, with most others just being forum mod personalities.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I didn't realize Josh Mosqueira stepped down, I think he did a phenomenal job turning D3 around. I'd love to see a major Diablo announcement at Blizzcon, the last Blizzcon was a super huge letdown and I know my gf was pretty disappointed as well since D3 is her favorite game.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So S7 starts tonight. I was going to play it but now I'm not so sure. It looks like all they really did was nerf shit, I hate that. Wat do, BG.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Didn't play last season, guess I won't play this season either.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll be on tonight playing and watching olympics

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I haven't played since they started adding seasons and rifts, what am I missing and should I be plying? Got a new pc and 21:9 monitor and everything is just so pretty I'm playing everything I can get my hands on.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

If you haven't played since they added seasons/rifts/Kanai's Cube, there's enough new content worth checking out until you get bored of it.

-Greater Rifts allow you to acquire legendary gems and upgrade them.
    -Kanai's Cube lets you reroll legendaries/set items, but primarily you can DE legendary items and set up to 3 additional legendary traits with it (1 each from weapons, armor, and jewelry).
    -Bounties have you do quests in each act for mats used in various Kanai's Cube recipes.
    -Keywardens in each act drop mats to do Uber fights to get Hellfire Ammy.
    -Legendary/set items now have a (10%?) chance to spawn as "Ancient" which gives them a bonus to base stats.

I may have missed some things, but the main endgame loop is doing rifts and bounties now. Solo and group play should both be viable depending on what you prefer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you haven't played since they added seasons/rifts/Kanai's Cube, there's enough new content worth checking out until you get bored of it.

-Greater Rifts allow you to acquire legendary gems and upgrade them.
    -Kanai's Cube lets you reroll legendaries/set items, but primarily you can DE legendary items and set up to 3 additional legendary traits with it (1 each from weapons, armor, and jewelry).
    -Bounties have you do quests in each act for mats used in various Kanai's Cube recipes.
    -Keywardens in each act drop mats to do Uber fights to get Hellfire Ammy.
    -Legendary/set items now have a (10%?) chance to spawn as "Ancient" which gives them a bonus to base stats.

I may have missed some things, but the main endgame loop is doing rifts and bounties now. Solo and group play should both be viable depending on what you prefer.
    Pets. Lots and lots of pets, as well as some wings and pennants you can wear.

I plan on at least doing enough to get the portrait and pet, but I don't have a lot of patience for the greater grinding involved for the extra stash tab. Unless they do another expansion or add something as game changing as Adventure Mode/Rifts, I think D3 has pretty much run its coarse. Considering they've added some core D3 elements into WoW Legion Dungeons, I'm not holding my breath. Who'd have thought the crummy way D3 started would turn out so well?

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Considering they've added some core D3 elements into WoW Legion Dungeons
    what?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The new Mythic+ dungeons in Legion let you keep upgrading the difficulty for increased rewards, somewhat like Greater Rifts.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The new Mythic+ dungeons in Legion let you keep upgrading the difficulty for increased rewards, somewhat like Greater Rifts.
    IIRC, those keys add affixes to monsters/bosses, much like Champion packs have. I'm rather curious to see how that pans out, but without people to play WoW with, wouldn't likely experience it since it will probably be like encountering crazy packs, in vanilla Diablo 3, so you'd need a static to run them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Took a little over nine hours, but Chapter IV completed, so I think I'm done with this season. Got lucky on my first 2h Mace upgrade and rolled an Ancient 9% damage weapon, then rolled socket on my first try, and had a friend pop a T11 Goblin portal from the one puzzle ring I found soon after dinging 70, so I was set for gem upgrades. Ended up over-killing GR 20 as is.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I stopped already too. There's just nothing to hold my interest anymore. Need an expansion!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just started up D3 again (had never played the expansion content until a couple days ago) and working my way through season 7. What I want to know is, does anyone have a current list of ALL Feats of Strength achievements? I can't for the life of me find a single website that has a full list of them. I don't necessarily need to know about the ones that can't be obtained anymore - there seems to be a lot of those? - but I'd like to get the ones I can still get, if possible. Thanks!