Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha Sonomaa and I may have done some of the last cursed chest runs period. Just got hotfixed. Well I'll take my 12 paragon levels and move on.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I went to grab some food and came back and got all confused lulz. Where to farm now...

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I would like an add to the community:

Intrinsic#1186

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Haha Sonomaa and I may have done some of the last cursed chest runs period. Just got hotfixed. Well I'll take my 12 paragon levels and move on.
    rest in peace cursed chest runs 2014-2014, you lived a good life

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    creative#1642 I'd be happy to enjoy some D3 action.
    Haha this guy has the earliest BG join date I've ever seen I think. Sept. 2004; crazy.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Been running around with the bolder toss build for barb, I have to say that critting for 8 million is a very satisfying feel, especially when it hits a large crowd of mobs :D. I just wish the ramp up time to build max fury was a bit faster :/

My WD feels op as hell now, got some really nice drops.
    80k LCS dps (more like 100k because the skills I use are buffed ~25%), 1.1m toughness.
    Found both Zunimassa's chest and Blackthorne's legs.
    Also when you beat diablo you can Reset Quests which will allow you to get first-time drop bonuses again (SK, Spider Queen, etc)

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I was wondering what reset quest did. Might haveta run through the game again for a chance at some loot lol

spamming act 3 keep is kinda fun in a group though but a change of pace might be nice. Outta mabye.... 15 runs I got 3 legendaries. Not too terrible, I suppose. This was on Torment 2 and a few on 3.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Put in my first sizable amount of time with D3 last night in quite some time, and I came away pretty impressed with the latest update. I started a new barb a few days ago but outside of a few minor low-level skill changes, I couldn't tell much had been changed. So I played with my DH and Wizard last night. Got a few gear upgrades pretty quick, including a sick legendary amulet from the chest under Adria's Hut for my wizard. Itemization seems real good now. I found one cursed chest and I'm not sure exactly how they work yet, since it seemed like I didn't meet the goal, but I got a reward anyway. I'm assuming if you meet the goal of the chest, you get a much better reward...

Reaper of Souls pre-order GET.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

alright, finally had time to put in some hours. first of all, I love the new difficulty-levels. altho it feels kinda wierd to have to drop down from inferno on all but one char
    also love drop 2.0, gotten about 5-6 legendarys already, nothing super-fancy but some nice upgrades.
    also agreeing that barb got kinda nerfed but mage is a fucking beast now! my WD is pretty much the same. finally got rid of zombie-bears so Im not constanstly OoM.

all-in-all, love the update!

ps. god damn what happened to all my achipoints lol, dropped 50% sooo much to do so little time

While I won't say I'm doing terribly with my DH, I am frustrated that my wizard with like 80k less DPS is not only far more survivable due to INT > Resist conversion, but also competitive in damage due to skill mechanics. Try to bring shit like this up on the OF, though, and you get accused for not thinking outside the box or need to learn to play.

But for Wiz folk, I found the following quite effective:
    Electrocute + Surge of Power
    Arcane Orb + Frozen Orb
    Ice Armor + Frozen Storm
    Familiar + Sparkflint
    Blizzard + Snowbound
    Magic Weapon + Deflection
    Passives: Blur, Galvanizing Ward, Cold-Blooded

Basically plop a Blizzard where you intend to attack/draw mobs, FO 2-3 times, then get AP back with Elec, repeat. As mobs get close, they'll start taking damage from your armor attack, too. Essentially 3 attacks hitting at once and easily sustainable with no long prep routines.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

For Paragon farming, does anyone know the best difficulty + area?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    For Paragon farming, does anyone know the best difficulty + area?
    Cursed chests were patched but there are two broken ones still. One is farming Mira (Blacksmith's wife) in Act I on the highest Torment level you can handle it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comm...utes_with_the/

The other is really boring but, in terms of absolute XP/hour, is better. You do the saving the villagers from the comets quest in Act II on T6 naked. Downside is you get no drops though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LSwfmfCtc

I want to do Mira, but melee jobs are at a huge disadvantage. I could probably do this on T5 or T6 as a Wiz/DH, but I doubt I could survive it past T2 on MNK.

A3 Keeps is pretty solid. Difficulty will depend solely on what you can kill quickly. But basically, if not at least T1, get better gear. T6 EXP gain is insane, but mobs are proportionately more difficult. If your DPS is good and you're not paper, you could try T6 in A1 taking the Old Ruins WP and heading back to town. Just dodge the occasional elite pack because they will kill you if your toughness isn't adequate. Still, wouldn't suggest this without at least 350k DPS and maybe 75k HP to eat up quill rat shots.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

That Mira farm is insane. Takes me about 2-3 mins to clear the undead + Mira on Torment 6 for around 11 mil exp. My WD is only 160k DPS, so I can imagine how quickly a geared char could do this run.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Only 160k DPS? Makes my monk sad at 85k. All the legendaries I found last night were pretty shitty though so no upgrades

I'll have to see what torment level I can handle later tonight if they don't hot fix this as well.

Question on resets. First time through are bosses guaranteed to drop a legendary?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Only 160k DPS? Makes my monk sad at 85k. All the legendaries I found last night were pretty shitty though so no upgrades

I'll have to see what torment level I can handle later tonight if they don't hot fix this as well.

Question on resets. First time through are bosses guaranteed to drop a legendary?
    only for lvls 1-59 and the end of act bosses. if you reset quests it just gives you the quest item rewards again.

also, loving the shit out of the game now. farming is actually kind of fun. damnit blizzard... gunna buy the stupid expansion now. wanna destroy faces with crusader

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'm at 295k dps on my wizard and haven't found anything remotely close to an upgrade. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    only for lvls 1-59 and the end of act bosses. if you reset quests it just gives you the quest item rewards again.

also, loving the shit out of the game now. farming is actually kind of fun. damnit blizzard... gunna buy the stupid expansion now. wanna destroy faces with crusader
    Not true. At 60, I got legendaries off of SK and Spider Queen again after resetting. However, you must do the entire story campaign to be eligible for reset quests. I'm not sure what other bosses drop guaranteed legendaries during campaign -- butcher still dropped absolute garbage.

Also I would caution people not to optimize to boredom in maximizing your returns. For example, repeatedly running A2 scourging of caldeum looks retardedly boring. Just play and have fun.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Not true. At 60, I got legendaries off of SK and Spider Queen again after resetting. However, you must do the entire story campaign to be eligible for reset quests. I'm not sure what other bosses drop guaranteed legendaries during campaign -- butcher still dropped absolute garbage.

Also I would caution people not to optimize to boredom in maximizing your returns. For example, repeatedly running A2 scourging of caldeum looks retardedly boring. Just play and have fun.
    Yeah I agree with the Scouring of Caldeum angle for sure; the whole game is about drops for me. But the Mira thing is actually something I used to do a lot on HC early on in Vanilla. I played a self-found build for a while and used to spam it a ton to quickly become 3-5 levels "overleveled" for the content while also getting drops; made life safer.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast