Closed Thread
Page 152 of 161 FirstFirst ... 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Anniversary patch is only a limited time thing. Will only be active for a month and will recur each year. Because of course the game lacking in content needs new content to go away after a limited time.

Also, Necromancer will not be til 2nd half of 2017.

Yeah, pretty lulzy all around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Very disappointing in general

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I mean, what were people expecting? There was pretty much 0 chance of it being d4 and an actual xpac would be even further out than 2017.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Disappointing but not surprised. Probably will still check out the new stuff when it comes out until it gets boring again.

My guess is that Necromancer was going to be for the 2nd D3 expansion, but once they gutted the D3 team they took what they had and made it into this mini-expansion pack.

is this going to be free?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Necromancer will be paid dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    I mean, what were people expecting? There was pretty much 0 chance of it being d4 and an actual xpac would be even further out than 2017.
    Both of these generally indicate how annoyed people are with Blizz's handling of D3. Past few patches have been pretty bare bones, and now they just told us, "Hey, you're getting an update on the back end of next year! And you have to pay for it!"

So, while there's technically nothing that could stop Blizz from renewing focus and input into D3, we're too fucking burnt to willfully entertain that possibility. This was their opportunity to prove they still cared, that the past year was just some growing pains, but they blew it.

If we had offline mode and mod support, I'd say it'd be an entirely different story. F2P games treat their customers better, even within the Blizzard umbrella.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

As a new player, I started playing with the start of season 8, and I'm already basically out of content outside of playing other classes (yes, I'm aware that classes count as content, but getting to 70 in 10 minutes so that I can get back to rifting with different skills isn't super enticing). I can understand why people with much more invested into the game will stick around for Necro, but I don't think I will make it another week before going back to PoE.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some of the changes they announced later in the weekend are pretty nice. Seasons to console is especially dope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any summary anywhere?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Hitler basically says everything I was thinking during the announcement. Way to shit the bed Blizzard.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the armory set thing is pretty cool. too bad almost all this shit isnt until the later parts of 2017.. there'll be another blizzcon by then lol.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Hitler basically says everything I was thinking.
    Had to do this just because I love taking shit out of context.

Gotta agree, they couldn't even keep it from lagging in the playable version at blizzcon. Shit is going to be overpriced and under-featured.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

There are some nice QoL changes coming which is great, but I think my main concern is like this is all they came up with for the 20th anniversary? And the way they tried to hype the shit out of it during the opening ceremony was just laughable. They didn't even change anything this season right? So is there really any reason to play right now other than getting an additional stash tab?

It's just super stale right now and there are tons of other great games to play instead.

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem. Given their boner on infinite scaling, the higher you go up the GR chain, the less builds you have to work with. If one you like happens to fit in that, swell, but if you're running something that struggles in the 60s even with good gear, well, it's obvious you'll be falling behind in paragon progression, nevermind the hard limits imposed by gems. And of course, this further segues into some skills being unusable due to lacking sets or minimal supportive legendaries. The huge gap between solo and multiplayer is also still a thing, nevermind the prevalence of the support meta.

A lot of this simply could've been avoided if they stuck to 3-4 difficulties, reduced legendary drop rates but improved their quality when they do, and avoided multiplicative numbers like the plague. Unfortunately, well... they didn't.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm also not thrilled about how they are going to boost some builds. For example, since Crusader is all I have played, they are adding a legendary 2h sword that increases Hammer damage by ~50% for 5 sec after hitting an enemy with Falling Sword. While this fits well with the Seeker set, it is basically just an item to hunt one time and cube. It will make Hammers more viable, but it still means being forced to take Falling Sword in every Hammer build. I hate Falling Sword, and would not choose it if I wasn't being forced to use it. I just want to fucking play a Hammer build that feels fluid, not one that requires me to totally stop what I'm doing every 8 seconds for Falling Sword.

tl;dr Sets are doodoo

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PTR build includes DX11 and 64 bit support, along with assorted improved graphic options.