Closed Thread
Page 155 of 161 FirstFirst ... 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I win..?
    If it were an Eye of Etlich yeah

Wouldn't work for impale build, anyway.

Was just joking about it since everyone expects to find crappy primals, but I figure it can at least serve as a catch-all damage amulet for whatever DEX classes until I find them something specifically better.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Jesus Christ lol
    Seeing that makes me wanna play again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yes. What's fun class to pickup to get back into it?

I find UE DH to be pretty laid back, but it's also the class I'm most comfortable with. Current S6 Impale build is pretty attention demanding (and not the most party friendly), while M6 is the most sluggish due to turret maintenance. Fuck Natalya's and the Strafe/RoV bullshit. Anyway, M6 is the current class' season gift, and if someone needs a PL or some objective clears, I can usually knock out both fairly quickly.

Advocates for other classes could probably speak up, but I occasionally see mention of lightning wizards and firebat WDs, if either may appeal.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Current S6 Impale build is pretty attention demanding (and not the most party friendly)
    ???

Last I looked it's definitively supplanted Gen Monk as the king of single target dps in 4 man groups. The build changes a bit compared to solo because you don't need to worry about stunning, but other then belt, bracers, and one ring (cubed or otherwise) the gear is identical.

Vaulting about hunting for elites ignoring everything else can lead to some hectic crowds, which is where I was going on attentiveness. Since I generally solo, how it plays in groups is something I haven't done a lot of.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah it plays completely different in groups, no vaulting around or any other shenanigans. More or less just standing in one spot spamming Impale (and dropping a Marked for Death - Valley of Death on the packs) while everyone else has to think about what they're doing.

Once the rest of my coworkers get their gear up to snuff I'm definitely looking forward to it after being the zdps Monk last season.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

well got everything up to CHampion finished, so p much done with what I care about this season.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

DH sounds fun. I want something op and easy to roll around with at work.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did an Inna Monk last season, it was much better than I expected and fun to play also. Very, very sturdy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Fired up a DH on Saturday and was able to eventually put an impale build together and do a 70 solo grift yesterday. Continued to play about 9hrs and never saw a primal ancient drop. Are they that rare or was rng being rng?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I haven't seen one yet but then again, I haven't been going very hard. In fact, I may already be done with this season, not sure yet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I haven't seen one yet but then again, I haven't been going very hard. In fact, I may already be done with this season, not sure yet.
    Ya, I really just kinda wanted to see one and didn't expect them to be quite that rare. Would be nice if there was also some kind of indication in game when you unlock the ability to see them drop for peace of mind.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Primal is at best a 1% drop rate. In the week or so since I got past 70 I've seen one, and it was an Overwhelming Desire with DEX/VIT/CDR roll.

So the 15 souls was nice.

Rates are more like 1 in 500 when a legendary drops.

So, yeah, enjoy never getting what you want.

v1 rates were closer to 1%, but we can thank collective bitching for ruining a potentially nice thing.

I think I'm going to reroll to demon hunter. Witch doctor has been mad boring for me.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I forced myself to play DH this season, it's the one class I've never really given a chance. It's also the only class I don't have all the achieves for, so I'm playing DH till I get the last one done, kill 100k demons. After that, I'm never touching DH again. Most boring class in the game imo, although Wizard is pretty close.

Yeah, I can understand that. Class isn't very flashy and it's legendary pool is pretty bland.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some of the Fan of Knives related builds have some interesting design, but between Marauder/UE/Shadow builds its almost entirely just a focus on the raw numbers (DR/Resource Cost/Damage).

The solo form of Impale this season at least breaks up the design a bit from just spamming mass AoEs with the single target/stun heavy focus.

check ur accounts for necromancer beta