BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Haha this guy has the earliest BG join date I've ever seen I think. Sept. 2004; crazy.
    Crazy right? Almost 10 years on this silly forum.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Link your Diablo 3 profiles. I'm curious to see each of your character builds (items & skills). Trying to optimize my Monk and hopefully Wizard tonight with a hodgepodge of gear I'm sitting on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xerodok-1771/career

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Link your Diablo 3 profiles. I'm curious to see each of your character builds (items & skills). Trying to optimize my Monk and hopefully Wizard tonight with a hodgepodge of gear I'm sitting on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xerodok-1771/career
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/W.../hero/33669875

I don't know how you manage without life steal. I tried to swap to a different Skorn that was a huge DPS boost, but had no LS and it was a disaster. Each WoL is a full heal for me in a semi-crowded area. I may be swapping out Fists of Thunder, but I'm so hooked on the teleport effect that it kills me, utility-wise, to drop it.

The only "upgrades" I've found in 2.0 were the rare head I'm using (replaced a shitty Mempo) and the rare bracers I crafted (just barely; lightning dmg boost was a nice bonus for FoT). Both are almost sidegrades though; I lost the XP+ from the head socket which kind of sucks. I really need a body upgrade; worst piece I have by far other than head maybe.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P...0/hero/1169676

my derpy unoptimized Monk. wearing shit I find on the floor. skills are built mostly around the most awesome and fun combo I currently feel like using rather than maximum efficiency; fire minion jihad barrage and fulminating seven sided strike are hilarious, massive groups of enemies just explode in a sea of blood. it's great. I use retribution instead of conviction because fuck the police and their overawe nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I may be swapping out Fists of Thunder, but I'm so hooked on the teleport effect that it kills me, utility-wise, to drop it.
    Way of the hundred fists + fists of fury gives you a dash and DoT, not quite as good as the teleport but close enough

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't decide what I like to play but its back and forth from Barb/DH. DH is pretty fun right now and big numbers with rockets make me happy so that's what I'm playing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/c...2/hero/1386647

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Haha both our monks are so shitty.. yeah I'm in the process of optimizing without as much Life on Hit. My build so far has enough to keep me alive but if shit has meteor, inferno, and poison I'm pretty much fucked. But, that is Torment 2~. Everything else is pretty easy.

Ridill
    BG Level

linking my monk would be bad, it's definitely in wonky gear and using skills that don't seem to even exist as well as ones that are just bad now apparently lol

still gotta download too much shit to even get in game, can only get to character select ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

fucking picture fails, Kridershot bow, has an enhancement that makes Elemental Shots recover 3 hatred instead of costing 10

edit - wtf, dunno why picture won't load

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kridershot is insane, been hoping to see one since the patch hit

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

got this for the mage. ray of frost (snow blast) + blizzard just melts shit

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    While I won't say I'm doing terribly with my DH, I am frustrated that my wizard with like 80k less DPS is not only far more survivable due to INT > Resist conversion, but also competitive in damage due to skill mechanics. Try to bring shit like this up on the OF, though, and you get accused for not thinking outside the box or need to learn to play.

But for Wiz folk, I found the following quite effective:
    Electrocute + Surge of Power
    Arcane Orb + Frozen Orb
    Ice Armor + Frozen Storm
    Familiar + Sparkflint
    Blizzard + Snowbound
    Magic Weapon + Deflection
    Passives: Blur, Galvanizing Ward, Cold-Blooded

Basically plop a Blizzard where you intend to attack/draw mobs, FO 2-3 times, then get AP back with Elec, repeat. As mobs get close, they'll start taking damage from your armor attack, too. Essentially 3 attacks hitting at once and easily sustainable with no long prep routines.
    thx for putting this up, I used the same setup and wreck shit now

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Is BattleNet down for anyone else?

Getting outage message when logging in, so guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    thx for putting this up, I used the same setup and wreck shit now
    It's a bit flexible, too. If you feel your durability is good, replace Blur with something like Glass Cannon. Or if you get the Source someone showed earlier, swap FO with RoF of your liking. But yeah, the wiz I was using this with was around 115k DPS, 750ish AR, and I think around 65k HP. T1 was cake minus one incident of illusionist waller spiders in a cramped area. 6+ walls laid at once with matching ground goop = Goodbye Cruel World.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Going to try that build, thanks!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Game's feelin' like an actual fucking Diablo at this point. All they had to do was bounce that one asshole out of Blizzard, eh? Name's Lucavi#1184.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/a...8/hero/1303591

This is my WD. Wrecking shit in Hardcore Hard currently. I know you guys are all lah-de-dah Torment or bust! but for Hardcore that is a harder jump to make

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...5/hero/3228599

WW is dead so now I'm going barbarian bowling with boulders. I need to find myself a Skorn to use because dual wield probably isn't as good for this build.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Not true. At 60, I got legendaries off of SK and Spider Queen again after resetting. However, you must do the entire story campaign to be eligible for reset quests. I'm not sure what other bosses drop guaranteed legendaries during campaign -- butcher still dropped absolute garbage.

Also I would caution people not to optimize to boredom in maximizing your returns. For example, repeatedly running A2 scourging of caldeum looks retardedly boring. Just play and have fun.
    I think the general consensus seems to be reset quests is a little broken for SK right now. At level 60 you aren't supposed to get guaranteed legendaries from bosses anymore, but it still works on SK (and only SK), so some people have been trying to farm that. Not a huge deal though since you need to re-do all the quests to reset anyways, but still. I think you may have just happened to get a lucky drop off of spider queen.

As for over-optimizing, I agree but I can't seem to help myself. I must have a really high tolerance for such boredom (though my paragon level should make that obvious). Thankfully Blizzard has been pretty good so far about making sure I don't have to make that decision myself with the quick hotfixes. Still managed to go from Paragon 155 or so to 169 on chests before those though.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Crazy right? Almost 10 years on this silly forum.
    Dang, you barely got me beat by a month!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After seeing nothing but blues I finally saw a legendary off Butcher.

On my 22 wizard

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast