Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    yeah there's some pretty cool shit, there's a legendary shoulder that makes all your gear indestructible (wtb that 2 years ago)
    Tisi just got that shit on her 50-something Wizard. DEATH MEANS NOTHING!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

random question: do T2/3/4 etc have better gear drop than T1 or is it all just the same except for the +magic find%?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I got Grin Reaper and upgraded it for slightly more damage a few days ago. Put it back on to see how cooldown reduction works and... found out that contrary to my previous assumptions, the mimics deal actual damage and debuff with their spells, and I think their cooldowns get reset when they are unsummoned.

So now I'm covering the screen with fears, snares, and bears from three different directions, and still trying to find the best ways to abuse it. My damage is still shit on top of me being a total scrub but it's hilarious to watch.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    random question: do T2/3/4 etc have better gear drop than T1 or is it all just the same except for the +magic find%?
    The legendary drop rate increases for each tick up in Torment, but no one has been able to quantify the increase yet. My rule of thumb is to farm the highest level I can do efficiently without dying to elites constantly. For my new Wiz, T1 is more efficient than T2 imo, so I stick to T1.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    this is what I did a4 on t3 with, exactly as you see it:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L...6/hero/6548394

Just a bit of decent new gear would make t4 pretty manageable, especially with a couple of build changes.

I'm not sure what I'm going to put in, but combo strike will be getting ditched, my right click will become something big like wave or ltk, and then I'm not sure if I'll make my main deadly reach or what.
    That's a pretty creative build with a good bit of damage reduction procs along with damage buffs. I dig it. I'll give it a try tonight.

Ridill
    BG Level

I <3 my tornadoes. Only big downside is when I have to spend time off target I'm in trouble.

The build is definitely best with a won kim lau, but the best one I ever got my hands on is like 880 dps so yeah ><

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

here's my barb bitch: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/38283052

I'm able to handle T3 but it's EXTREMELY slow. I'm also able to spam T6 Mira. I've gotten quite a few legendaries from her. but they were ALL WEAPONS! raggghaeehahrhfhghahsdhhh!

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I took Wiz from 30-60 in a few hours doing Mira runs and also did probably 50+ for Paragon levels on my MNK; never saw a single leg.

Thus far nothing has come close to Keeps for me when it comes to gear farming. Arcane Orb blows up entire rooms since the mobs are so clustered.

Also, break barrels / pots / etc. and open even the basic chests. I don't know what is wrong with my character, but I have gotten the last 10-12 legendaries straight from breakables / NQ chests. It is making me neurotic now as I feel like I need to break everything. I have not gotten a leg off a monster since the day after the patch; it makes no freaking sense.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I got these last night which I thought might be interesting, but they were just a pain in the ass to use:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/hexing-pants-of-mr-yan

Constantly running around was too annoying to keep using it.
    I got those pants yesterday too. They completely changed my build. Went from a LTK:SS monk build to perma tempest rush (with dmg reduction) and am now able to farm T3 quite easily jailers can suck a dick though. Think is was Sonomaa that mentioned it but they would be awesome on a whirlwind barb. Anyone know how much it costs to reroll a stat in RoS?

Profile for fun http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/11483519

edit: Pay no attention to listed DPS. It's messed up due to the legs effect (-21% instead of the usual +25%). Not sure what else is going on but my in-game toughness is like 1.3mil.... weird.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ugh, didn't know you can salavge recipes, just wasted one for Cataclysm, legendary 2h mace

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So only one new active, and three new passives for all existing classes? That's a little disappointing, to be honest.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

to be fair most of the expansion is pretty disappointing; only adding one new act, one new class, a few abilities; most of the $40 entry price is for Adventure Mode to me...

I miss real expansion packs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think the rest of it is pretty fair, and they're giving us a lot for free with 2.0. But WoW expansions give more than one new active, right?

And the thing is, the new passives don't seem to be all that big, either. Maybe I just had my hopes up, but it just seems like aside from new legendaries, our characters are going to play the more or less the same, with or without the expansion.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

well for a 10 level jump yeah, I'd expect more than one.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I think the rest of it is pretty fair, and they're giving us a lot for free with 2.0. But WoW expansions give more than one new active, right?

And the thing is, the new passives don't seem to be all that big, either. Maybe I just had my hopes up, but it just seems like aside from new legendaries, our characters are going to play the more or less the same, with or without the expansion.
    next wow expansion is actually taking away more than it will give, one of the big things of the expansion is reducing button clutter

but yeah, pretty sure I won't be picking up RoS til there's a really good sale

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    to be fair most of the expansion is pretty disappointing; only adding one new act, one new class, a few abilities; most of the $40 entry price is for Adventure Mode to me...

I miss real expansion packs.
    This is my real problem w/the xpac. One new act... Basically means your still gonna be farming 1-4 over and over again 85% of the time. The xpac went into fixing the broke original game

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This is my real problem w/the xpac. One new act... Basically means your still gonna be farming 1-4 over and over again mostly
    Same amount of acts as D2: LOD though. D3's issue runs deeper than just the additional skills / Acts from the expansion. There are still fundamental flaws in the game from a replay value perspective that are impossible to fix at this point. In D2 you rolled a Hammerdin, pimped it out, then decided you wanted to do a Blizzballer? Start all over and collect some gear. Want to start fresh but in a competitive environment? Ladder it up (I have no idea why they haven't done ladder yet). D3 is just swap some skills around and maybe update some gear. To me that is the biggest issue; keeping people interested.

Ladders are terrible. Why anyone wants to split people up beyond the SC/HC/Difficulty divide is beyond me. All the rankings inevitably indicate is who has no life or botted a lot. Starting fresh is something anyone can do at any time and with the advent of communities/clans, the players can also run their own "ladder" characters.

Anyway, I think the expansion is about $10-15 too expensive. Only thing I can hope for is their post-release patching is more ambitious on the addition of content.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Ladders are terrible. Why anyone wants to split people up beyond the SC/HC/Difficulty divide is beyond me. All the rankings inevitably indicate is who has no life or botted a lot. Starting fresh is something anyone can do at any time and with the advent of communities/clans, the players can also run their own "ladder" characters.

Anyway, I think the expansion is about $10-15 too expensive. Only thing I can hope for is their post-release patching is more ambitious on the addition of content.
    I agree, I don't understand the obsession people have with a D3 ladder at this point. You can't trade BiS legendary's due to BoA now, the "Fresh economy argument" has absolutely 0 weight to it anymore. People didn't play ladder for competitive reasons on D2, they played it because of the superior loot available that was ladder only.

People who botted dominated the speed leveling every ladder reset.

Blizzard is better off just adopting PoE's races for competitive gameplay. I hope Blizzard doesn't force people into ladders because BiS items are dropping there which invalidates nearly two years of accomplishments.

If people want a competitive avenue, it should be for epeen, bragging rights only, not BiS loot like D2 Ladder system.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    which invalidates nearly two years of accomplishments.
    Isn't RoS about to do that anyway?

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 161 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast