Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't see why people want Leah to have some sort of resolution. She was a pawn in Diablo's plan and although it's a striking plot hole that Tyrael wasn't aware of it (unless he's a secret baddie), it happened and she's dead. If they do any spirity nonsense or even worse resurrect her that's bullshit. Diablo never has been about happy endings, it's not Game of Thrones or anything, but it certainly is supposed to be a dark and unforgiving universe.

I'm actually glad they didn't have future plans for bosses because it gives them a better opportunity to look at the mistakes made in vanilla and try to rectify them. Malthael seems to be the "bad guy with good intentions" that at least adds a little depth to the character. We'll see how they go about the story, which is honestly like 1% of the reason anyone plays a Diablo game... Hoping they get back to a game more similar in feels to D2X and then can work to actually improve upon that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Diablo has a story?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well, if we're going to break D3 down into a loot-whoring trope, then its a pretty shitty one. A pay-for-winning real money auction house, stripped down stat-choices, ect., sub-par crafting system. Sure, we can go that route.

Some people look for more than gear-grinding when they play the franchise. Some people play the franchise for a combination of things. Story can certainly be one of those things.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Meh, going to be insanely hard for Blizzard to get me away from Path of Exile.

Banned.

BG Level

Got my moneys worth playing D3 , will probably buy this if under 20.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i'd guess 40-50 USD with a 80-100 CE. 20 or 30 bucks would be a surprise

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Did they say anything about a real PvP in game yet? Also hoping they up the player limit to 8-10, 4 is so shit. Oh and let me be able to zone to any act after beating the game and keep all of the bosses up.

I'll buy the xpac regardless, but those are the things from D2 I'd really like to have...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    i'd guess 40-50 USD with a 80-100 CE. 20 or 30 bucks would be a surprise
    For the expansion?! No fucking way I would pay over $20. I honestly feel like the expansion should just be a patch they should give us. =)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think in the video Arx posted, they said as of now there are no plans for PVP in the expansion.

And back to the story discussion. I care more about them fixing the core gameplay mechanics in the expansion than I care about the story. But the story is still important to me. To me, the story doesn't NEED to be about Leah, but when the lead writer says something along the lines of "when we found Malthiel" that tells me they never intended to have him be the main antagonist of the expansion, and never had an idea of the story whatsoever. That concerns me. Even if we forget about Leah, it seems pretty derp derp that Tyreal and Co would just let Adria run free after her betrayal and that she's more powerful than they originally imagined.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Bilopdop View Post
    For the expansion?! No fucking way I would pay over $20. I honestly feel like the expansion should just be a patch they should give us. =)
    well you're either hyperbolic about your jew-like tendencies or you're not going to be buying RoS -- at least not right at release. You can probably snipe it at ToysRus for $19.99 shortly after though. Maybe they'll staple a D3X license with another 1-year sub to WoW. (*'-');

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminus View Post
    And back to the story discussion. I care more about them fixing the core gameplay mechanics in the expansion than I care about the story. But the story is still important to me. To me, the story doesn't NEED to be about Leah, but when the lead writer says something along the lines of "when we found Malthiel" that tells me they never intended to have him be the main antagonist of the expansion, and never had an idea of the story whatsoever. That concerns me. Even if we forget about Leah, it seems pretty derp derp that Tyreal and Co would just let Adria run free after her betrayal and that she's more powerful than they originally imagined.
    they totally pulled malthiel outta their ass, yeah. but maybe they're looking at 2-3 xpacks, now; i think they'll get back to Adria eventually, however cheesily they may write it up

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Still think Adria should just be left alone, nothing good comes out of that storyline. The problem is that Blizzard created an undefeatable hero and now they have to compensate for that silliness. Nothing Adria could do could make that happen...

Malthael on the other hand gots options as the ex-leader of the Angiris council. He could go the obvious/boring route and start putting angels in the black soulstone then use it to become -the strongest thing ever- so we can beat it again and continue the cycle of always being the strongest thing ever. Or they could go a number of routes. I think they need to transition away from this NEPHALAMAMMAMA storyline and pull the heroes back to being something more mortal. Otherwise expect everything to get "stronger then it ever was" with shitty retcons and annoying plot holes.

It's pretty obvious to me that Shen is Trag'Oul in disguise, that may be tied to the ending of D3:RoS or it might be saved for later. I think the gem he's searching for is a new worldstone and I think it's a possibility that Malthael found it. More reasons we'll see Trag'Oul is that the balance is out of whack and Malthael's goal of defeating the demons stands directly against the wishes of Trag'Oul (and remember the Angles have no clue Trag'Oul exists). To me this is an obvious ending for RoS because it leads directly to the necromancer (perhaps with a different name) being added in the next xpac, which is inevitable and something many people want.

I think the story could get very cool, which is the one reason I hope they stay far away from Leah/Adria which would just be snooze-fests. Put that shit in a cinematic and have Adria's head on a stake and some memorial service for Leah and call it a day. People seem to forget that although the Diablo games were rather minimal on story, they created quite a bit of lore with the sin war trilogy books (some were good) and the book of cain (p.great). Not everything Metzen does is bad, but when it's bad - it's real bad.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1984-...e-know-so-far/

yeah ok, now Im really interested

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Paladin 2.0, whelp I'll give you some more money blizzard.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ROS wallpaper they released is pretty sexy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/wal...w=wallpaper031

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

We’re excited to announce that Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on PS4 will be making its public debut at BlizzCon 2013!

In our action-packed single-player and same-screen co-op demos, players will explore the haunted streets of Westmarch as one of our five original classes, or test their mettle as the unyielding Crusader.

Attendees of the convention will also be some of the first in the world to take on Death itself using DualShock 4, armed with all-new social features and touchpad technology designed to help keep heroes on focused on what they do best: killing monsters.

Head on over to BlizzCon.com for panel schedules, event maps, hotel and travel information, forums, and more, and be sure to stay tuned to diablo3.com for all the latest news on Reaper of Souls.

For those of you who are BlizzCon-bound, we salute you! If you can’t make the show in person, be sure to check out the Virtual Ticket which includes over 60 hour of HD footage so you can catch all the new details on Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon from the comfort of your home.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...e-at-blizzcon/
    http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/
    http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Looking forward to the PS4 version.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

omgoblins

I can't wait for some legitimate randomization. I'm super excited about fighting completely new combinations of enemies. Bring on Oppressors, Demonic Tremors, Arachnids, and Savage Beasts.

Soooo...

Did anyone else just get a beta invite?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast