Closed Thread
Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

How to ruin the game for yourself in 3 easy steps.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

In addition to what Boyiee mentioned, you can also get powerleveled extremely quickly doing the act 4 bounty "Clear the hellrift". Provided sledge/hammerdoesn't spawn, the rift will only have white mobs in it, and clearing it on T3-6 gives anywhere from ~21mil-45mil exp per run, as well as 100k+ gold every time you complete the bounty. I got my WD from 60-70 in less than an hour last night with a friend clearing the white mobs for me.

Alarial

God, never enough Arcane Dust..

That being said: Just got a Shard of Hate lol. (The day they nerf it..). But still a good sword and an upgrade for me until I get a fire% weapon for my Wiz MM build.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You could play normally and have fun fighting 1-70 in about 6-10 hours, depending how you're pushing it. Or you could jam your dick in a drawer for 90min-3hr and get it done too. something TIME TIME TIME

As for afk, that's for Summoning skill ups only.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

A faster alternative is to have a friend PL you from 1-60 on T6 in a game you've made then do 60-70 following him around in a T3-T5 bounty game that he makes. 1-60 takes less than 20 minutes and 60-70 takes about ~30 minutes depending on how fast your friend clears (and how good you are at staying alive). Bonus: you can swap to a level 70 char for the end of act caches.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah getting 1-70 done quicker on softcore doesn't really ruin the game lol.

LazyShell
    BG Level

When I made secondary characters I actually wanted to play on their own, I played them. When I make secondary ones I just want to throw extra gear or a different build on, I got them powerleveled. Pretty simple stuff. I can confirm the game has not been ruined for me by doing so, I very much still enjoy it.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've done both; generally enjoy cranking difficulty up and doing it solo. Don't fault people who take another path. Part of my fear when leveling an ALT is that a TF / etc. will drop on a LV 30 job. I've seen it happen 2-3 times in clan alone.

Alarial

Anyone have any recommendations for Amulet/Helm for Fire Damage Wiz set?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

andariel's for helm, neck...I think oroboros can roll element affixes? Not sure offhand.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    andariel's for helm, neck...I think oroboros can roll element affixes? Not sure offhand.
    pretty sure all Amulets can roll Elemental Affixes, but Rares cap at 15, where legendaries go to 20.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yup, only exception is Moonlight Ward which can get to 25% Arcane.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yah, Moonlight Ward is hax.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Any legendary amulet that you like is fine for neck, so long as they can all roll up to 3 of Fire damage, INT, CC, CD (which is most of the good ones). Easiest one to farm is probably the Leorics one from A1 bounties, at least I got a lot of them while trying to get a ring of grandeur.

Other good options that stand out are the Haunt of Vaxo or any of the absorb amulets. I'd love to try out an Ess of Johan too, even though its forced to roll CDR and socket. Seems really rare though, haven't seen one nor do I know anyone who has one I think.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ess is really good on a follower, especially since you can throw a gem in the socket since they main stat whores

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You guys seem to know item specifics pretty well.

Where and what should I be farming on my fresh 70 wizard.

Wherever you feel most comfortable killing. Items generally aren't weighted to drop more specifically in one place over another. The only exceptions are the Torment uniques/sets and bounties.

Overall, act 1 is simply the easiest.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I run through normal in adventure mode to gear up quickly, and then I move onto torment for the new stuff.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been spamming Torment 1 rifts and bounties on my Barb with no preference of where at, and was going to do the same on my wizard. Didn't know if I should be doing a specific area for something major or not.

Wizard hasn't gone through campaign yet at all, never even killed skeleton king. Gonna do a full run through with friends maybe but not sure which difficulty to do since I'm at around 350k dps.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do ACT I bounties for the Ring of Royal Grandeur. It's a good item to have for set bonuses. You can generally do ACT I one step higher than ACT II-V. If you have the items, do rifts. Increased drop rate. I was in T2 and hit a sweet spot and pulled six legend/set items 3 minutes each for 20 minutes.