family & friends + 3000 randoms. you lucky

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

March 25th, 2014

$39.99 / $59.99 / $79.99, standard / digideluxe / CE

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1186...now-12-19-2013

Was figuring March with the AH closure, but ugh, $40. $20-30 would be more to my liking here.

Banned.

BG Level

40 bucks? nothx

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah, definitely will not be picking it up at that price.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

£32.99, yea.... no

LazyShell
    BG Level

For anyone who's followed D3 at all, the expansion is basically completely remaking the existing game in addition to new content. The AH is going down at the same time, itemization is being completely reworked and expanded to something that more closely resembles a self-found model, all the classes are getting their skills retuned (in the case of Wizard, basically an entire rework) as well as a number of new skills, combat and difficulty is getting switched around, and I'm sure a lot more.

Anyone who thought this would be something more like a $20 DLC needs to learn to control their expectations. LoD was $40, with far far less development time thrown into it. More recently the SC2 expansion was $40. I have no idea how people are constantly surprised to hear Blizzard hasn't decided to just drop $20 off their normal price point.

In any case, I can get how $40 is a lot for some people. At the very least it means that sales that put it at a much more reasonable $20 are going to come a lot quicker I imagine.

Banned.

BG Level

So we're basically getting a new game for $100?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I try to see both sides: I can get how some people don't like dropping 40+ bucks or 35 quid or whatever. Maybe they feel shafted by how bad d3vanilla was in ways, and that's okay, but this is really par for the course with the pricing of Blizzard expansions.

same as I did in Oct 2011 when the D3CE was announced, I preordered 2 copies. So I feel especially bad to people like 'wtf 40 bux pssh' and i opt for dropping 160 on 2 RoS CE. But I like diablo a lot

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Not enough content to justify paying full price. I'll wait two months for it to drop to 15 bucks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Not enough content to justify paying full price.
    Pretty much my feeling. Sure, the 2.0 patch will weasel in some things, but I have no delusion that the majority who would play will be in RoS, just like how vanilla D2 may as well have not existed after LoD. There's also that feeling of some features being deliberately held off from patching to better fluff up the expansion.

Still, I'm pretty sad about the DH adjustments. Worst class doesn't seem much better off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'll pick this up at some point. As flawed as vanilla was, I still got satisfaction out of accomplishing my main goal of HC Inferno victory. After that, I'm not sure how long the cycle of: get better gear -> up difficulty -> gear better gear -> up difficulty, will keep me going. Which yes, I know, is basically the entire point of the loot hunt that is the Diablo experience.

Mostly I'm curious to see if all the gear changes will make my old build more viable. Ran a wizard using dissentegrate (chaos nexus) and blizzard (whatever the freezing rune is) and stacked as much APOC and CC% gear as I could. Large mob packs = never ran out of arcane power. There are definitely better builds out there I imagine with all the changes, but I enjoyed this one and want to see if it will work in 2.0.

Super stoked. $40 is what I was expecting. I will probably get the digital deluxe for the 3 extra character slots, though I expect they will microtrans that perk down the road.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Help me figure out how to set up streaming and Fireal and I are gonna stream some HC&deaths. I found that first wave after launch to be hilarious mostly. But it's obviously not been the same since 95% players went poof begone and MP levels.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

well...I havent remade a char since I died in HC last time...give me an incentive and ill join you guys ;3

Hey I played some diablo just yesterday!

Grab a pirated copy of Xsplit and set up a Twitch account. Really isn't all that rough. I say pirated, however, because Xsplit's default audio option is not viable with Twitch and is only available in the "rented" version. If you're not someone who intends to make money doing this like some streamers do, well, have at it.

Been personally working on my paragon levels for RoS, myself. SC onry, but it's a slog as a DH.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

is there a point in grinding paragon levels since they will raise the lvl-cap? I cant see that they will carry over

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Grab a pirated copy of Xsplit and set up a Twitch account. Really isn't all that rough. I say pirated, however, because Xsplit's default audio option is not viable with Twitch and is only available in the "rented" version. If you're not someone who intends to make money doing this like some streamers do, well, have at it.

Been personally working on my paragon levels for RoS, myself. SC onry, but it's a slog as a DH.
    Don't even bother with XSplit if you're streaming on the same machine as you're playing. Go with OBS.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast