Closed Thread
Page 154 of 161 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Loaded up the game out of boredom for the first time in like a year.

There is like maybe 4 people at any given time leveling in public groups. I'm guessing it's just not viable any more? The only aspect of the game I truly enjoyed lol.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure how I got removed from the BG clan, unless one of my boys left the clan while playing on my acct, I don't know. I can has reinvite plx? Genocidal #1963

Primal Ancients is just gonna piss everyone off. As said before, it's bad enough getting a well-rolled Ancient already. I'd like to see some kind of involved quest that takes a few hours, whose reward changes a select Ancient into a Primal. Either that, or maybe a Ramaladni's Gift style drop that does the same thing. Hell, maybe even a cube recipe that utilizes Ramaladni's Gifts to upgrade Ancients to Primals. Just some thoughts.

As far as leveling, I think it's just a function of it being so easy to level solo. I'm pretty casual these days and my first Seasonal characters are always level 70 within 24 hours of season start. And after that, the Gem of Ease makes it ridiculously easy to level a second character.

As well, a lot of people just beg for a PL, too.

Truth be told, leveling probably is the "more fun" time since it's less about specialization and making what you find work, but there are also still a lot of skills that are practically non-functional without sets/legendaries, or unlock way too late to really matter.

Frankly, it just makes me wish modding was possible for the game, as you can bet your ass the players would make a better game out of this than Blizz has. Which is precisely why it isn't.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Not sure how I got removed from the BG clan, unless one of my boys left the clan while playing on my acct, I don't know. I can has reinvite plx? Genocidal #1963
    Tried to add you but BattleNet doesn't find that ID. Maybe someone invited you already?

Also, lulzy Primal Ancients....

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Tried to add you but BattleNet doesn't find that ID. Maybe someone invited you already?

Also, lulzy Primal Ancients....
    Yep someone got me. Thx though

Guess they're revising primals to drop as perfectly rolled ancients (and reroll as such at the mystic) with the requirement of clearing a level 70 GR solo before they can drop at an even rarer chance.

Kinda think this is worse than the previous iteration, but you had so many people butthurt that their old items could be replaced that I guess they felt compelled to backpedal.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I like this proposed change. This keeps power creep from going completely out of control while still giving something to shoot for that will be valuable when obtained but not so much so that you feel neutered if you don't have it or if one drops with bad affixes.

I dunno, anyone expecting massive power creep with a 1% drop rate then further multiplied against the odds of getting precise rolls just strikes me as being over-dramatic. Yeah, it favors the bots, but I hate keeping ideas from games just because some people want to cheat instead of addressing the act of cheating itself.

Either way, would've preferred it be upgradeable gear. Those with their panties in a twist about having to redo augments are still going to have to with this version, only now they'll be getting a fractional percentage gain per slot with super rarity. Just feels like, "What's the point?" now since you're not gonna be seeing builds change, either.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The point is that Primals will now generally be an upgrade that doesn't initiate power creep. Of course, you still need a Primal to drop with the affixes that you want for it to be useful, but by forcing perfect rolls on each affix, a Primal with desirable affixes is still an immediate upgrade. It's not as good as a more complex system that allows for greater customization of your items, but given the constraints of the D3 system and the apparent lack of development resources at this stage, Primals are a decent addition to the late-game in my opinion. Certainly better than the originally proposed idea.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Necromancer Gameplay & Details
    • Grim Scythe: Swing a huge scythe in a wide arc, dealing damage and restoring Essence.
    • Blood Nova: Unleash a powerful nova dealing massive damage to surrounding enemies.
    • Devour: Consume corpses to instantly restore Essence to power your other skills.
    • Golem: Summon a powerful ally like the mighty Blood Golem, which can drain the blood from your enemies, dealing damage and restoring your health.
    • Blood Rush: Shed your mortal flesh and pass through solid objects to swiftly reach a new location.
    • Leech: Curse enemies so that attacking them transfers their life energy to you and your allies.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looking forward to the Necro. I went back to d2 recently and made a zoomancer, so much fun.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Heads up, the once a year Diablo 3 Kanai event is up for the next week. See it and get that transmog if you missed it last year.

Get hyped for new season tonight. I'll be on when it starts if anyone wants to group up to get to 70.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thinking of doing a Frozen Orb wizard or a Fetish doc for the new season.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gonna do some 4 man stuff with coworkers and I won one of dps slots, Impale DH here I come

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Are Barbarian any good this season? I have not played since like season 3 and I wanted to choose a class no one else in my party was playing.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ZBarb is always in demand, don't think any dps builds are necessarily in the group meta this time around

I win..?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Jesus Christ lol
    Seeing that makes me wanna play again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still missing a gift for my weapon, but got Impale DH mostly geared out. 273 million toughness when all buffs are stacked up (not counting dodge chance from Gogok) with 84 million recovery from all the life on hit.