Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

wutudo

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Maybe the story will make sense this time.

Interested to see what they do to the nuts and bolts of the game though, if they can churn out another D2 -> D2X masterpiece things could get interesting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wonder how they'll price it. If they decide to price it similarly to the SCII releases, I'll likely pass. If it's $20 or less, I'd probably pick it up just to play through it.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't really followed anything D3 since I was so put off by it when it released, is Jay Wilson working on this iteration?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'll wait for it to go on sale before I buy this, all it will be is current Diablo 3 in probably 1 or 2 new zones and a new class that will be terrible to play, much like Witchdoctor/Demon Hunter. I hate that they killed those classes.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    much like Witchdoctor/Demon Hunter. I hate that they killed those classes.
    Splain? i was gonna buy diablo 3 for ps3 because i opted out of pc due to the realmoneybullshit, and i was really liking how Witchdoctor looked :O

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

DH? ok sure

but WD is really in a good spot right now I'd say. Both CoB and bears can absolutely wreck shit up through the higher MPs. WD used to be really screwed from shortly after release for a few months when pets' hp didn't scale across higher difficulties, but I don't think one can say that Blizzard has killed that class. Spirit Walk, combined with Grave Injustice, is one of the most powerful skills in the game.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If they can churn out another D2 -> D2X masterpiece things could get interesting.
    Unless this expansion opens a portal to 10-12 years ago where they can redesign the game from the ground up I don't think we'll be so lucky. Still, I'm interested to see what fixes, updates, and items come with this update for sure.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Unless this expansion opens a portal to 10-12 years ago where they can redesign the game from the ground up I don't think we'll be so lucky. Still, I'm interested to see what fixes, updates, and items come with this update for sure.
    Assuming there's a new act and/or places, if the level design is almost completely static again I'm just going to facepalm. It'd be really cool to not have to be forced to redo content in a foward linear progression, but I'm pretty sure that's just a forlorn hope.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

^

I hope they are well aware of how poor the map variations are. The D3 execution of 'random' maps in every game is an absolute joke. Swapping very specific tiles for one of a handful of options is one of the laziest things they did with the game -- even.. insulting to players in a way. So easily figuring out and exhausting all outcomes of what and where you can find was such a disappointment for me in D3.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Extremely skeptical.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Staying far, far away from this until months after it launches. Blizzard isn't burning me again; not after D3's terrible setup and the PC beta test for consoles.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Why are so many people always so mad about D3 and how it is bad? I thought it was a great game and still is. I agree that it does get boring farming the same shit for items over and over after awhile, but I always seen it as a really well designed game in terms of tight gameplay. Maybe that's because I came from FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 though.

Even now I still enjoy the item hunt and playing hardcore has added more fun to it for me. I played D2 for awhile back when I was 17 but I honestly don't really remember it being so much better. The depth of character building for sure was better, but it's not terrible in D3 compared to other games of this genre. I remember doing a lot of Baal runs and cow spam. I'm actually glad in D3 we can farm anywhere and don't have to spam the same bosses because they have a higher frequency of x drop.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Why are so many people always so mad about D3 and how it is bad? I thought it was a great game and still is. I agree that it does get boring farming the same shit for items over and over after awhile, but I always seen it as a really well designed game in terms of tight gameplay. Maybe that's because I came from FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 though.

Even now I still enjoy the item hunt and playing hardcore has added more fun to it for me. I played D2 for awhile back when I was 17 but I honestly don't really remember it being so much better. The depth of character building for sure was better, but it's not terrible in D3 compared to other games of this genre. I remember doing a lot of Baal runs and cow spam. I'm actually glad in D3 we can farm anywhere and don't have to spam the same bosses because they have a higher frequency of x drop.
    My main gripe, aside from the simplified socket system and not quite so unique armor, was I simply didn't really care for the classes so much. I missed Necromancer and Paladin.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I missed Necromancer and Paladin.
    Me too. Just started playing again with a friend in hardcore though, makes the game new again fearing for your life.

Vuitton

I have every map of D3 memorized. Nobody can say that about D1 and D2. D3 is so boring/monotonous/the same.

Psyched up.

D3 is a tremendously better game now than it was at launch (and even then, the game was great in the 30-50 range), the main thing it needs is a shot of content to bring everyone back at one time.

Sorta like how D2 was terribly shit at launch, limped its way to 1.06 where it was actually quite good, then when D2X came along, everyone came back and now remembers D2 to be an absolutely flawless masterpiece (nevermind all the brokenness until 1.10 patch like 4 years later)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post

Far more monotonous than D2 with far less diversity through gear. Horrible "ending" to the main story, auction house, PC being a beta test for consoles (with most negative features removed for consoles). D2 had plenty of flaws, but that was over a decade ago. For blizzard to not learn very much from all of their experiences with D2 is pretty telling. I could go on, but I won't.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll buy 2 xpack CEs regardless, just like I did at release. I love me some diablos. But I'll still be critical of itemization, 'randomized' maps, and an extremely cheesy story; however, because those 3 can be mostly nullified with -- giving up on any upgrades (definite flaw), running the fun zones (regardless of how static they are), and staying out of A4. (mostly only Diablo's chatter is truly painful and A1/A2/A3 games are created at a late quest line)

The combat is still crisp and fun, and I really like the multiplayer. The very few times I've got 3 or 4 people in a game have been a blast. I can't wait for the expansion to see some more aurik, Fireal, wottles, Sira, Arx, Oxybagels, and maybe Euphoria&rapture peoples online again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 161 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast