1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rehwyn View Post
    Also, the grade and type of materia does not seem to matter (though I could be wrong), so there is a use for all that cheap grade 1 stuff after all.
    From what I could see, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    After 2 CM runs (I think it was 2) the choker (T1 x2) was at 63% and the bracelet (T3 x2) was at 64%.

If the tier makes a difference it would have to be incredibly small, I'm gonna chalk that up to rounding error and say tier doesn't matter.

edit: wound up reaching 100% 1 mob apart

Can anyone give me the odds of a IV + IV meld?

(one slot item, obviously)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

2-slot item puts it in the mid-30%s, but I haven't melded any iLv70 accessories, so that's the best I got.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It should be 35%, but maybe a bit lower.

Where do you guys usually do your spiritbonding? Dungeons? Fates? Soloing?

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

People seem to swear by CM or Prae for SB as they give 46% a run? But I'm not too convinced those are your best options unless you can go with a group that all agreed to SB.

Anyways, if you have to do any open world SBing I'd recommend bluefog running around doing FATEs there most likely waiting for a DF queue if you can't form an SB group on your server. If you can get a small group 3-4 people you could try WP or AK.

Personally I prefer open world SBing in a beastmen stronghold because there's a decent amount of 46-49 trash w/ super low HP that can be AoEd down in a few seconds plus the occasional FATE that may spawn lots of mobs. Don't bother with single target boss FATEs as time required to kill or difficulty won't improve the SB rate. You'll only get 1% for those FATEs so it's best to stick to grinding open world mobs when those pop.

As for good camps, bluefog is good if you can help AoE mobs in the forbidden city and can get a FATE group. If you go the 4-man route go to Natalan, but if you have trouble getting mobs because there are too many people I'd try Sylphs because it's usually completely empty. I'm still toying around with open world options, but that's what I've found so far.

I'd just run AK over and over, you kill plenty of mobs and get philos at the same time.

Whether you're SBing for the materia or for profit you can use the philos to sell crafting mats with no RNG/elemental materia crap involved, much more efficient use of your time than just straight SBing and hoping for the best.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Darth Voltrius
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So this happened.
    Either:

1. Pure dumb luck
    2. Ilvl 70 crafted is very high chance for t4 materia
    3. Ilvl 70 crafted is 100% t4

Has anybody converted Ilvl 70 crafted? I would assume not because people would normally make to sell or to meld and use for your job. Either way small sample/theorycrafted/blah blah I know but I personally haven't read about people converting Ilvl70.

Uh...one would assume they'd turn into T4 or at least have a high chance.

I would be surprised if they turned into anything other than T4.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Darth Voltrius
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah I'm just wondering if t4's are either much much higher % than i55 crafted or 100% (doubt it) since I've never read around or seen screenshots of people converting i70 and getting tier 3's or 4's

Considering what the gear costs to make and how long it takes to SB (only in coil) it would be a huge kick in the dick if it could give you T3.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Spiritbond update! HQ/Materia is worth more than we originally estimated!

HQ gives a +25% bonus!
    Each materia gives a +25% bonus!

Just performed the test this morning. This means that HQ + triple meld spiritbonds 2x as fast as NQ unmelded.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1543423

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvoltrius View Post

So this happened.
    Either:

1. Pure dumb luck
    2. Ilvl 70 crafted is very high chance for t4 materia
    3. Ilvl 70 crafted is 100% t4

Has anybody converted Ilvl 70 crafted? I would assume not because people would normally make to sell or to meld and use for your job. Either way small sample/theorycrafted/blah blah I know but I personally haven't read about people converting Ilvl70.
    I converted my Spruce Patterns (got AF2 Feets) and got a Savage Aim IV tonight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What are people using as their Spiritbond gear?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Full iLvl55s, and a Raptorskin Merch. Belt since there aren't any iLv55 belts that BRD can wear. Wrist is always a Militia crafting wristlet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What are the chances of getting a resist materia from militia gear? I'm wondering since I've never gotten one from electrum wristlets yet.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pretty low, it seems. I don't frequently get elemental resist materia, though I did get a Fire IV (ARGH) from an Imp. Op. Choker a couple days ago (not technically "militia gear", so I guess that depends on how broad your definition is; I generally assume people are referring to any iLv55 crafted gear). Someone actually paid ~12k for it on the markets. wtf?

I don't keep track of what gives me what though, so I can't provide any concrete numbers. I want to say that visible armor doesn't give resist materia, but I could be wrong. I'll try to keep an eye on things later.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've unfortunately gotten resist materia from Militia Duckbills.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've had two tier IV resists from Milita, one tier IV not-resist.

Crafting gear (excluding aetheryte rings) is good because it's the only gear that is locked to the specific types.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has there been any testing on Increased Spiritbond Gain items? How much do they actually affect the rate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast