1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

it felt like +10 spiritbond equated to a 2x rate so each +1 being 10% bonus, but i didn't test vigorously and it was a while ago

that is, normally i'd have to kill 2 mobs to get 1% on a piece of gear w/ no spiritbond+ equipped and with +10 i got 1% per kill

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Solo option though. I can SB 2 full sets of mid 30s gear or 1 set of mid 40s within the 30 minute chocobo timer. Which probably isn't stellar.
    You know having your choco out lowers your SB rate right?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Didn't know. That's a shame. There really is no place for these stupid birds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I find the monk i70 gear to be really rewarding for me, I have sb'd around 8 pieces getting 2 acc IV, 2 crit IV, 2 det IV 1 str IV 1 ss IV. I have no idea if specific gear converts only specific materia but that is a pretty solid load. Also the Monk i70 gear is the cheapest on the market for whatever reason, the jerkin hq got as low as 17k one time. It is also fun trying to out dps ct mouth breathers as i70 vs their i90+ stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chocobo out is news to me, but good to know. Almost rank 10 for the barding so I can stop worrying about it soon. After being told about T4 sb anyone else farm it constantly to sb? Obviously going on blm I make sure to hit acc req first before putting on some pieces.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Spiritbond potions are explicitly stated in the help text as +3 Spiritbond, so it's equivalent to wearing a Meteor Survivor Ring without actually wearing one. Anecdotal evidence leads me to believe that +X spiritbond appears to simply function as +X% (so +3 would be +3%) so it's not huge, but every bit helps.
    Sorry, I should have specified. What I mean is exactly what you cleared up, I wasn't sure on the percentage increase

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Don't read too much into it, I'm not 100% sure of the percentage either. I certainly don't think it's as high as Rocl stated above, but I could certainly be wrong as well since I never rigorously tested it.

Also, on the topic of chocobo and spiritbonding. It's good to see some confirmation that the chocobo reduces your spiritbond rate. I knew that more party members meant lower spiritbond rates (yes, even when crafting, gathering, and when they're not even in the same zone as you), but I didn't know whether or not chocobos counted toward that.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not too concerned about the spiritbond rate with my choco, I was doing it mostly to level him up. I still pumped out 4 sets in less than 2 hours with potion on which is just basically free money since I would be leveling him up regardless

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Not sure if this was brought up earlier, but has anyone ever actually gotten a crafting materia from an aetheryte ring? All I get are primary stats (done 3 so far, randomly since start of last phase beta)), which I assume is due to that tricky little spiritbonding+1 stat on there (all other crafting accessories have given crafting materia, and never anything but, and only have crafting stats on them)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    Not sure if this was brought up earlier, but has anyone ever actually gotten a crafting materia from an aetheryte ring? All I get are primary stats (done 3 so far, randomly since start of last phase beta)), which I assume is due to that tricky little spiritbonding+1 stat on there (all other crafting accessories have given crafting materia, and never anything but, and only have crafting stats on them)
    Nope. I use mythril ring of crafting (level 35) for t2 and electrum ring of crafting (level 47) for t3.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Nope. I use mythril ring of crafting (level 35) for t2 and electrum ring of crafting (level 47) for t3.
    I got 3 t4 materia from electrum rings and coral earrings last night XD, and they bond a bit faster...was just curious....so yeah, fk aetheryte rings

Yea, aetheryte rings aren't considered crafting gear as far as materia conversion is concerned.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So I didn't see anything in this thread about the transmutation system. Is it indeed purely random?

After the system came out, T4 elemental materia on Hyperion went up to 10k. I figured it had to be something involved in the transmutation system.

I just popped in four different T2 elemental I had lying around, and a T4 water. Got back T2 fire and four inventory slots. Yay I guess.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My understanding is, roughly, avg materia level in = avg materia level out. If you put in all 2's you'll get a 2 back. If you introduce a lower grade to the combination, the proportions are taken into account (presumable 1/2/2/2/2 would be 20% 1, 80% 2).

Small chance of a lower grade promoting to a higher grade.

Citation needed for most of this.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That all makes sense, but then that means a bunch of people are making bad gambles on T4 materia. There are way more T4 materia that are 10k than above 10k, so you'd spend 50k for a sub-25% chance to make 2x.

Suits me fine, I have no problem profiting off those that are bad at math.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wouldn't go by that, at least in my experience wasting around 100 materia, it is just truly random.

Edit: I have a bunch of IV and III materia lying around Ill do a couple all IV all III for tests to make sure.

Update edit: So after some testing, it seems that in fact if you do all IV's you get a IV for sure and it seems that if its all elements you will get an element :/ Did all IV and one III, got a III one time and a IV the other...shrug

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

will getting closer to max range of i55 give more of a chance for tier 4? or should i stick as close to 45 as possible to increase SB speed?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    stick as close to 45 as possible
    this part or make ilvl 70 gear and sb it in T4 (shits crazy fast spiders give amazing bonus for some reason)

tripple melded or better HQ ilvl 70 gear in t4 will SB in about 4-5 (7 minute runs)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

awesome, thanks!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can anyone confirm that ilvl 48 accessories can convert into tier 4 materias? People on various linkshells keep saying ilevel 55s are necessary. I'm 0/24 so far, but I understand rng is rng. I could have sworn that it's ilevel 45 to have a shot at Tier 4, and older posts in this thread seem to suggest that as well.