1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Would you mind posting what you have slotted on each AF piece, offhand, and accessories (pictures if possible)? I think it would still be helpful for those of us rationing out our cracked materia. Thanks again!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I have a tIII quadmeld on my NQ AF hat that I did while rushing for the one star synths during early release (you can find the pic earlier in this thread, it should be capped) and a couple other dumb choices, so my set-up is probably not the best way to reach 2 stars while conserving materia. I recommend finishing the crafting quests for the "new" luminary and trying to get a HQ offhand and boots/hands, those will make your life a lot easier.

About to run but I will try to remember to send you a PM with my stuff later today. In the meantime, the caps for HQ raptorskin's merchant purse are: craftsmanship+3, control+5, cp+3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thanks! In the words of Yoshi-P, I'll look forward to it! :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll edit when I get home but I melded my HQ weaver body off top my head materia caps were craftsmanship+16 control+5 CP+0. Melding rest of set later I'll have the caps. Also on another note do base stats do anything for.crafters now? I notice my Dex/mnd are higher on weaver but don't think it means anything. Just wondering since some piece hit their caps have extra slots.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Is it worth skilling up crafts for adding materia when it becomes available? Or does it make more sense to wait until 50, when my gear isn't going to be quite so transient. Normally I'd break to do some crafting at this stage anyway, but I'm having a blast doing story content and etc. and really can't be bothered.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    Also on another note do base stats do anything for.crafters now? I notice my Dex/mnd are higher on weaver but don't think it means anything. Just wondering since some piece hit their caps have extra slots.
    I know for gathering that having a certain amount of a stat (e.g. DEX for Botanist) will occasionally give you a bonus at the start of your gather, like extra attempts or increased HQ chance. Not sure if anyone's noticed something similar for crafting?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    any google docs on stat caps floating around out there? I'm looking for stat caps on DoH AF stuff.
    Perhaps I should've placed it over in this thread, but I've posted the DoH materia caps over in the crafting thread.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...=1#post5871918

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/doh_materiacaps.xls

Militia offhand caps require a decision (it's impossible to hit all three caps in 5 melds) but the rest is very straightforward.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Do we know ilvl required for each tier? Wanna work on some t3s but I'm not sure what the best thing to craft for them is. Should probably be thrown in the OP too.

Do gear stats effect the type of Materia you will receive or is it completely random as to what you will get. I am currently trying to get 1 more Quicktongue III and wondered if gear with spell speed on it would have a higher chance rather not fork out 90k for one from Market Board if I have too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think stats do but maybe the type of gear? So mage gear only I'd assume

It was said that item type had some effect on prospective materia, but I don't think they went into much detail.

I don't know if stats already on them have any effect or if it's just item type (tool, melee weapon, mage weapon, etc), my guess would be the latter.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When melding to my Fisher set, I noticed each piece had a different cap for Gathering vs Perception that was completely unrelated to its preexisting stats (was easy to notice since I don't have to consider GP).

(Not exact numbers)
    For example, Hamlet Puller's Hat starts out with a bunch of Perception, yet you can affix like +14 points worth while you can only slap on maybe +4 Gathering.

On the other hand, the boots (I think) are also primarily Perception-focused but could only take +4 Perception while it had room for maybe +8 Gathering.

Then there were some jewelry pieces (lolGP), that had equal (+4) caps for both Gathering and Perception.

I'll check the actual numbers when I get home, but my initial reaction was that the preexisting stats and the materia caps just didn't seem to line up.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I think that whole "bonus amount on HQ item = materia cap" theory only applies to battle jobs. It's wrong for literally every slot on an endgame DoH set.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet or anything that's compiling stat caps for iLvL + gear slot? I did some melding last night, so I know some of the crit and/or dex caps for head/body/legs for iLvl55 items. The only one I can remember offhand is that crit caps at 23 for iLvl55 body.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Aynone know cap for the Imperial Operative Dalmatica? Trying to cap Crit and maybe PIE on it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there any place where I can look for the Materia caps on items?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Trying to figure out the cut-offs for converting gear into materia. Is it ilvl45+ where tier 3 starts? Or is it slightly lower?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Check market board and look closely at the materia where it says Item Level.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Check market board and look closely at the materia where it says Item Level.
    I remember reading something about ilvl55+ having a chance to become T4, even though the ilvl of T4 is 70. Am I just misremembering or?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast