1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    You can get tier IV from ilvl55 crafted.
    Can confirm that, friend got some from converting militia gear into materia.

Gear from instances doesn't seem convertible even if they do gain Spiritbond, only way to get high tier materia seems to be from crafted gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I must have shit luck then. I've converted over 20+ ilvl55 crafting/DoW items and haven't seen a single IV.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Haven't had a ton of time to play and haven't seen anyone ask/answer this - is there any use for lowbie equipment with melds on it, like the 1.0 turn-ins for hamlet and such. I've got like 90 cracked tier I and while I know the Tier I/II is still useful for filling in gaps on caps, just wondering if I should bother melding the low stuff I'm converting as I level, or just NPC the gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If it's cracked that's already melded onto something, just go to the Calamity Salvager and turn it in for Tomestones. The only thing that's not worth turning into tomestones are things like Vanya, Gryphonskin, or any other iLvl70 crafted item. Everything else is so easy and cheap to make, it's easy to replace if you actually wanted the item.

If it's cracked that's not melded onto something, just hang onto them and convert them at the Calamity Salvager as you need specific things. They'll all stack together now, so it doesn't take up much inventory.

No, there's no alternative use like hamlet turn-ins.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tier IV are pretty rare to make in general and require ilvl55+ to make.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about, either.

Ironically, the person you said that to seemed to be more right than you are. You aren't doing content that is hard enough to spiritbond your ilvl 70 gear, that's why it isn't spiritbonding.

In that case I guess I don't, I can only assume Coil is the only place ilvl 70 gear will SB then?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

In that case I guess I don't, I can only assume Coil is the only place ilvl 70 gear will SB then?
    As far as I know, that's correct. Crystal Tower probably will as well when it comes out.

I'm also fairly certain this is true even for convertible gear, my Spruce Pattens didn't SB at all during probably 40ish AK runs, but after doing some WHM in BCoB they are now around 40%.

And my BLM set probably only finished bonding due to me being BLM for our turn 4 progression. Now that we have up to turn 4 on farm, I don't think gear will SB very fast. You'd probably have to purposely fail turn 4 if you wanted to SB ilvl 70 things efficiently.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I must have shit luck then. I've converted over 20+ ilvl55 crafting/DoW items and haven't seen a single IV.
    Took me about 15 tries to get one. Just got a IV Craftsmanship yesterday. It just has a really shitty conversion rate.

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

Maybe HQ gear has a higher chance in getting appropriate materia per tier? Kinda ridiculous to do though.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Definitely not, i craft HQ militia gear to spiritbond and it still has shitty rate.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SE has to get the RNG grind in somewhere!

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So from the sounds of things, if you have a huge pile of Cracked Materia from 1.0 then your best bet is to sit on it for a while since supply isn't going to be great so price is likely to go up? I think I have 139 cracked materia atm (like a 50/50 split between T3 and T4)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Don't wait too long though. If 2.1 rolls around and they change things because the T4 supply is astronomically low, you might regret it.

That said, I didn't have enough to hang onto for selling, so I slapped all mine in DoH AF to have some pimp crafting gear (because FUCK spiritbonding DoH AF).

The trick to getting crafting materia is to wear it on DoW and SB it that way.

Militia wrists and Aetheryte rings (which conveniently increase SB) are the only pieces you can get a TIV from but it's still going to be infinitely faster, TIIIs are still plenty useful (from other slots).

Someone can correct me if there's any other ilvl 55 crafting gear DoW can wear that I'm forgetting.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The trick to getting crafting materia is to wear it on DoW and SB it that way.

Militia wrists and Aetheryte rings (which conveniently increase SB) are the only pieces you can get a TIV from but it's still going to be infinitely faster, TIIIs are still plenty useful (from other slots).

Someone can correct me if there's any other ilvl 55 crafting gear DoW can wear that I'm forgetting.
    Can you actually get crafting materia from Aetheryte Rings? Last screenshots anyone showed, they got Ice III. I do SB the Militia Wrists on... well, everything, but considering the chances of getting an actual T4, it's not going quickly.

I assumed you could get elemental materia from pretty much anything, like a universal "you might just get crap" factor.

I haven't converted them myself, I just assumed they would be considered "craft gear" when converting (like other gear) since they have craft stats on them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    SE has to get the RNG grind in somewhere!
    0/19 equals 22% on forbidden melding

At least it's not 1.0 anymore...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You can SB any crafting thing on DoW. I do AK runs in full electrum crafting accessories and my silly Gambler's crown.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    You can SB any crafting thing on DoW. I do AK runs in full electrum crafting accessories and my silly Gambler's crown.
    That's great if you don't want any T4s....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast