1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Those are 2 very contradictory statements.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Sorry, just meant number and tier for the 2nd statement. I'll edit that.

I brain farted and typed 'number' instead of tier at first, then I caught myself and added tier, but forgot to remove number. Herp derp.

Edited post included below in case you're on default page counts so you don't have to reload the last page:
    Note: This information is secondhand.

SB rate is increased further with every materia added to the equipment.
    Type/tier of each meld doesn't appear to affect spiritbond rate (note: but one guy said it did affect the rate, so I'm less sure on this one...).

So based on that melding 3 T1s would give the same increase as 3 T3s?

I shall investigate further.

Now where's my corncob pipe.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

This guy says it does affect the rate
    This guy says it doesn't affect the rate

Note: two posts below the 1st link, the guy actually recants his claim that it doesn't affect the rate, so I'm inclined to believe that it does.

I personally haven't tested it, so /shrug

Melded an Imp. Op. choker with 2 T1s and an Imp. Op. bracelet with 2 T3s, both ilvl 55 so should SB at the same rate.

We shall see.

After 2 CM runs (I think it was 2) the choker (T1 x2) was at 63% and the bracelet (T3 x2) was at 64%.

If the tier makes a difference it would have to be incredibly small, I'm gonna chalk that up to rounding error and say tier doesn't matter.

edit: wound up reaching 100% 1 mob apart

Is there some collection yet of materia caps for various items? Tired of going to meld stuff only to find that the materia won't add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Is there some collection yet of materia caps for various items? Tired of going to meld stuff only to find that the materia won't add anything.
    This, I've been searching but can only find the caps on DOH and DOL gear; I'm curious about other gear such as Militia, etc; there should at least be details of crit and other common melds on Vanya gear.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have a sizable spreadsheet at chocobro; search google and check on my forums under materia.

Can't post links or else I would right here! Feel free to repost when someone finds the link.

Just a note: We got the values from creeping xivarmory and the lodestone for capped gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

As a general rule of thumb (note: DoW/DoM only), look up the item slot and iLvl and find the piece of HQ gear with the highest [stat] (note that Darklight, AF, Primal, Hero, Allagan, AF2, dungeon greens, etc. are considered to be HQ in this case). More than likely, that is the stat cap.

For example...
    What is iLvl55 body crit cap?
    Dig through xivdb... sort by level and body...
    Highest iLv55 crit stat is BRD AF body with +23.
    Surprise surprise, the iLvl55 body crit cap is indeed 23.

What is iLvl55 head crit cap?
    Highest iLv55 crit stat is Warlock's Hat (or HQ Militia Barbut \ HQ Imp. Op. Hat) with +14.
    iLvl55 head crit cap is 14.

The above two examples are simply things that I have personally tested and can confirm, but literally everything else I've run into falls into this simple(ish) way of figuring it out. While I cannot guarantee you that is the cap, I can at least guarantee you that the stat will go to that point, or above it (but it's usually spot-on the cap).

If you have specific questions and don't understand my above instructions, then feel free to ask about specific items and stats and I can give you the best guess. Some are impossible, of course, such as the PIE cap for Vanya body, since there are no body-only iLv70 pieces that offer PIE.

Just for the dude above, however, here is the link he is referring to.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just a note, that HQ stats aren't the 100% cap. It might seem that way for some items, but it's not the true case in reality for all stats. If you want to go nuts with it, find capped materia on xivarmory and lodestone for absolute caps.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Can you find an exception to the rule that you know to be wrong? Because what little searching I've done has always met the rule.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Can you find an exception to the rule that you know to be wrong? Because what little searching I've done has always met the rule.
    Sorry let me reiterate; For primary stats it looks to be the case, but secondaries can sometimes go higher. The spreadsheet above should show that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Again, specific iLvl, slot, and stat? I've looked at the entire stat spread on iLvl70 handgear, compared with your spreadsheet, and unless I'm missing something (I'll admit, I did it quickly), I don't see a single thing that strays from the rule. I don't care enough to blow more time attempting to prove myself wrong.

Edit: Finally found one. No HQ iLvl70 hand item reaches your spreadsheet's crit cap of +16. Same for spell speed.

However, you are still guaranteed that the item will at least reach/breach any number you can find on a piece of gear with the same slot/iLvl. It's a good place to start.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eein View Post
    I have a sizable spreadsheet at chocobro; search google and check on my forums under materia.

Can't post links or else I would right here! Feel free to repost when someone finds the link.

Just a note: We got the values from creeping xivarmory and the lodestone for capped gear.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Pb1dJdmc#gid=0

SBing a pair of rings, one with a single meld one with a double.

When the double hit 100% the single was at 85%, to give people an idea of the difference the # of melds makes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alethea Khethys
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    SBing a pair of rings, one with a single meld one with a double.

When the double hit 100% the single was at 85%, to give people an idea of the difference the # of melds makes.
    From the testing I've done, each materia melded onto an item is a 20% increase in spiritbonding speed. HQ vs NQ is also a 20% increase in speed. It appears the FC spiritbonding buff is the same way. The results are additive; in other words a HQ piece of gear with 3 materia and with the FC buff would spiritbond 100% faster (half the required synths compared to NQ, no materia, no buff).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Cool, that's great to know and it lines up well!

If Niiro's test was done with 2 HQ rings, that's a 140% rate vs a 160% rate. When the 160% rate hits 100% spiritbond, the 140% rate would be at approximately 87.5% spritbound. Taking rounding into account, that matches up nicely.

They were HQ, yes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alethea Khethys
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

On a side note, because it's a speed increase rather than a "required exp/synths/gathers" decrease, the returns are a bit diminishing in terms of time/mats saved. Personally, I'd stick with 2-3 materia (unless it was a piece of gear with 4 slots) and call it a day. Also, the grade and type of materia does not seem to matter (though I could be wrong), so there is a use for all that cheap grade 1 stuff after all.

Also, if you're using quicksynth or something to spiritbond do NOT be in a party with someone else. It greatly slows down your spiritbonding for some odd reason. I suspect that SE slowed down bonding in parties to diminish the benefit of mass slaughtering things and accidentally kept it for crafting.

EDIT: What I haven't figured out is what the gear with "Spiritbonding +1" does...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast