1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty Finder Facts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Duty Finder Facts

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge already, but I've seen a lot of confusion in /shut about it, so here we go:

1. Contrary to other opinions, it actually works
    2. It's cross-server (I'm on Odin and I got put in Tam-Tara with someone from Hyperion)
    3. You may not trade on duty. Reason: Point 2.
    4. If you're in a party that's not full, the party leader registers for duty and your empty party slots will be filled
    5. You may change classes while registered for duty. However, when the "Commence"-window pops up, you may not instantly join. Dismiss the window, change your class to the one you registered with, then join the duty from the duty finder menu.
    6. If everyone in the party clicks "Pass" on a loot item, the item will be lost. (SRSLY, WTF?)
    7. If you leave mid duty you get a 15 min time out.
    7.a. If you get DC'd and your party kicks you before you get back within a minute, you get the same time out as if you disbanded.
    7.b. If a party member leaves and the rest cannot find a replacement shortly(I.E if a tank leaves, good bloody luck finding one coming in mid-way), you will not get a time out penalty.
    8. You cannot send or receive tells during the instance
    9. When opening coffers, the common items get distributed randomly to party members.
    9.a. A stack of coins in the coffer gets randomly distributed to one party member and will not be split.
    10. For uncommon items, you can right-click on the coffer itself or the pop-up message to open the Need/Greed/Pass-Window.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fussel View Post
    I'm not sure if this is common knowledge already, but I've seen a lot of confusion in /shut about it, so here we go:

1. Contrary to other opinions, it actually works
    2. It's cross-server (I'm on Odin and I got put in Tam-Tara with someone from Hyperion)
    3. You may not trade on duty. Reason: Point 2.
    4. If you're in a party that's not full, the party leader registers for duty and your empty party slots will be filled
    5. You may change classes while registered for duty. However, when the "Commence"-window pops up, you may not instantly join. Dismiss the window, change your class to the one you registered with, then join the duty from the duty finder menu.
    6. If everyone in the party clicks "Pass" on a loot item, the item will be lost. (SRSLY, WTF?)

Don't see the problem with #6 lol kinda logical?

#7 Don't always expect competent players in Duty finder

New Odin
    BG Level

BG population =/= in-game /shout

#8 If you leave mid duty you get a 15 min time out.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    #8 If you leave mid duty you get a 15 min time out.
    #8.a: If you get DC'd and your party kicks you before you get back within a minute, you get the same time out as if you disbanded.
    #8.b: If a party member leaves and the rest cannot find a replacement shortly(I.E if a tank leaves, good bloody luck finding one coming in mid-way), you will not get a time out penalty.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

#9. If the duty finder pops, and one or more fail to respond, to the pop up, you are immediately re-queued, at the top of the queue list.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can anybody tell me if they fixed the bug where a party member DC'd and it was impossible to replace them cause they stayed in the party forever?

Also the one where you'd join an empty group.

Also, if you choice join party in progress does it now wait untill it finds a full group before throwing you in?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Can anybody tell me if they fixed the bug where a party member DC'd and it was impossible to replace them cause they stayed in the party forever?
    Aha so thats what that was... Had a group member lose power and we couldn't kick or look for replacements. Thought it was "working as intended" and we were grumbling about it. I hope that gets fixed.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I'm shocked Rata did not create this thread

Duty Finder has worked well for me since P3.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Word, Duty Finder has worked like a dream to me. On top of that, the worse the "bads" have been are just the people who don't have any interest in getting all the chests or doing anything other than bee-lining for the boss.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

As dps the wait times are pretty long. I mean 20-30 minutes average, I've waited as long as 40-60 minutes a few times. We ran into a problem where a key was dropped in satasha and you couldn't pick it up. Ended up clearing the dungeon as much a we could but had to exit and get hit with the 15 minute lockout. Really wish they would have thrown a second healer in the game for launch. I feel that's the big thing lacking. At least there are two tanks. Even if they lowered the jobs to level 20 to unlock would have helped, assuming sch is going to heal. I'm also wondering if there's a 'max' amount of instances that are allowed. You figure with so many people playing you shouldn't be waiting more than 5-10 minutes for a dungeon unless you're waiting for a healer/tank.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    As dps the wait times are pretty long. I mean 20-30 minutes average, I've waited as long as 40-60 minutes a few times. We ran into a problem where a key was dropped in satasha and you couldn't pick it up. Ended up clearing the dungeon as much a we could but had to exit and get hit with the 15 minute lockout. Really wish they would have thrown a second healer in the game for launch. I feel that's the big thing lacking. At least there are two tanks. Even if they lowered the jobs to level 20 to unlock would have helped, assuming sch is going to heal. I'm also wondering if there's a 'max' amount of instances that are allowed. You figure with so many people playing you shouldn't be waiting more than 5-10 minutes for a dungeon unless you're waiting for a healer/tank.
    There is always a larger base of DD characters/classes in MMOs. With 8 classes, 5 being classified as DDs it is a given there will be a longer wait time for non-healer/tanks. Healer/tank queue times were basically non-existent. I got a party on CNJ immediately each time I queue'd which is why I brought along an LS member who started a DD.

whereas tanks and healers usually get parties within 5 seconds from popping up the flag, waiting times for DD's made me not want to touch a DD ever again after getting Pugilist up there for the cross-class skills.

I've had people (in fact, the vast majority of them did) telling me they had been waiting for up to an hour, might as well just shout then, it'd most likely get you a full party faster.

I actually felt bad for DD's losing lots on gear considering how much time they must've been investing in the whole ordeal, on average.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    whereas tanks and healers usually get parties within 5 seconds from popping up the flag, waiting times for DD's made me not want to touch a DD ever again after getting Pugilist up there for the cross-class skills.

I've had people (in fact, the vast majority of them did) telling me they had been waiting for up to an hour, might as well just shout then, it'd most likely get you a full party faster.

I actually felt bad for DD's losing lots on gear considering how much time they must've been investing in the whole ordeal, on average.
    I waited 15-20 minutes when I was trying on ACN. This was before I realized why my game crashed each time I hit "Commence." This was Saturday night with the entire server sitting outside Sastasha it seemed. Took twice as long to get anything done in the field because everything was getting slaughtered in seconds from all the people.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

yea the DD wait is awful. After I leveled up where I needed to be on ACN I was about to hop on WHM and just get insta ques and lot on all gear for ACN. Probably will end up doing this at launch for all of my lv 42 classes that I need to finish but need gear for. Sucks the DD wait is so long.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nothing to see here. Same thing as in every MMO. Anyone who wants to play DPS' best bet is to either hook up with a tank or healer or just gather your 4-man squads ahead of time.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am I mistaken, or can you not whisper people doing a dungeon with Duty Finder?

I mean, there's a long list of archaic shit plaguing every corner of this game.. but this would be entering new areas of horrible. Hoping it's a "busy" option or something we didn't notice how to turn off?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

I mean, there's a long list of archaic shit plaguing every corner of this game.. but this would be entering new areas of horrible. Hoping it's a "busy" option or something we didn't notice how to turn off?
    Can't send or receive tells while in instance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

This problem happens in every game, but I feel like in this game it's made a lot worse by the 1tank 1healer 2dd party setup.

There are no effective ways to force people to play the least used roles, but there are certainly ways to take advantage of what people want to play, such as using a 1tank 1healer 3-4 DD setup. The best part is Yoshida stated his 8man setup is 2tank 2healer 4DD, so the ratio won't actually change with more people.

Oh well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

Main reason for this is that you're basically in a inter-server limbo, as in the OP. I don't think the game would really know what to do if you tried whispering Seph Iroth (yourserver) while you were instance-partying with Seph Iroth (anotherserver). But that's speculative on my part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast