1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes

View Poll Results: Were you able to accomplish your goals in Phase4 ?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did way more then expected

95 34.67%
  • Got my goal done but nothing more

71 25.91%
  • I had lots of RL stuff or partially hit by 3102 so no

83 30.29%
  • I got hit by 3102 almost since the beginning was that the beta?

25 9.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta 4 Results     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Happy with what I got done, considering I had a 15 hour day at work Saturday. Only thing I'm upset about is I lost my favorite retainer name. If I find out who stole it, I'mma stomp them into the ground.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

20 GLA
    19 CNJ
    17 MRD
    9 MIN

Have enough quests saved up to instantly ding 21 on GLA plus every guildhest and quite a bit of the story left.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got more done than I expected!

20 GLD
    20 CNJ
    18 MRD
    15 ACN
    14 WVR
    12 GSM

And main missions up to retainer unlocked. All is good.

ACN 1-20
    Storyline missions done to cap
    THM/ACN/CNJ class quests up to 20
    Went exploring, zones look absolutely fantastic :3

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Soda Pop
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ACN to 20
    THM to 20
    CNJ to 17

Plans to get CNJ to 20 and at least one gathering and one crafting class to 20 did not materialize. Still not too bad for this weekend considering 3102.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My main goal was to get archer to at least 15, which is what I barely managed to accomplish. I'm not too far away from airship quest. Wish I didn't have to spend most of friday/saturday/sunday camping.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Gladiator 20
    Conjurer 20
    Miner 20
    Arcanist/Marauder 5
    Blacksmith 9
    Armorer 1 (starting quest is bugged)

Not as much as I wanted due to getting a 3102 to the knee.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

If rata started spelling everything right and using proper grammar, I think I'd be sad. I've come to love how horrible this person types.

I took everything really slow and got THM to 20 and CNJ to 16. Really enjoying it though so far. Healing a dungeon was more fun/hectic than I expected, had a blast on CNJ, might just continue on up to WHM.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    If rata started spelling everything right and using proper grammar, I think I'd be sad. I've come to love how horrible this person types.

I took everything really slow and got THM to 20 and CNJ to 16. Really enjoying it though so far. Healing a dungeon was more fun/hectic than I expected, had a blast on CNJ, might just continue on up to WHM.
    Everyone has a purpose in life

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post

He did that one time, proper grammar and everything. First thing that came to mind was "No way...impossibru..." so I called him out on it and he coughed up the link to the article he copy pasted from lol.

THM 19, WVR 13, and a bunch of materia gotten. Spent time unlocking jobs cause hey why not, but later realized I might as well have waited since hunting logs require me to go to their starting city any ways. Got great gear from some dungeons though that will get spiritbonded asap after early release. Oh well, had a blast. I was on the fence about this game up until now, but goodness I'm all in.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

19 ACN
    Finished all other DoW/M class quests.
    Main story up to the 2nd instanced dungeon.
    Inventory collected and tidied.
    HUD's the way I want it.

Even with getting 3102'd for basically all of Sunday I'm pretty satisfied. If I had more time I'd have gone on an aether-hunting world tour since I never ran out to Mor Dhona and stuff.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Beta 4 Results

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    He did that one time, proper grammar and everything. First thing that came to mind was "No way...impossibru..." so I called him out on it and he coughed up the link to the article he copy pasted from lol.

THM 19, WVR 13, and a bunch of materia gotten. Spent time unlocking jobs cause hey why not, but later realized I might as well have waited since hunting logs require me to go to their starting city any ways. Got great gear from some dungeons though that will get spiritbonded asap after early release. Oh well, had a blast. I was on the fence about this game up until now, but goodness I'm all in.
    The fail part was you believing it came from me lol

Also unlocking class is good because each new class gives you 1 more gear set slot

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

ACN 1~16

Only got to play for a few hours on Friday and Saturday, then I caught the 3102. I don't know how many pages that OF "Post here if you get the 3102 bug" got up to, but I was on page 140ish

Logged on this morning to log out in an inn, and sort my retainers' inventory. What a boring weekend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

3012'd from Sat night until after maintenance this morning.

GLA20
    MRD20
    PGL8
    GSM20
    ARM18
    WVR12
    MIN14

Clear through Ifrit + full set of MRD/GLA Halitali gear including weapon + HQ materia melded accessories.

Had a blast overall.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got much more done than was planned.. Fortunately, I didnt get hit by any bugs this weekend.. And I got to watch the whole second season of Wilfred on netflix while mining..

Lancer 1-20
    Archer 1-20
    Goldsmith 1-20
    Miner 1-20
    Pugilist 1-15
    Conjurer 1-15
    Carpenter 1-15

Relic Horn
    BG Level

GLD20
    PGL20
    MRD20
    LNC20
    CNJ20
    All logs done
    All classes unlocked
    All quests doneeeee
    UI/macros doneeeee
    Mucho gear acquiredddddd
    OP minion acquiredddddd

http://imageshack.com/a/img196/9601/x0bs.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

How was people's experience in the dungeons? I avoided them due to fear of 3102. Not expecting a lot for the early game instances, but curious nonetheless. E.g. are they worth running, and if so, why? E.g. because of the fun factor, or because its great xp, gear that will last 10 lvls, etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

EXP is meh. Gear progression is a huge factor. It's very noticeable if your gear isn't up to par.

Edit: That said, had there been no cap, I would not have done halitali 6 times. Maybe twice and then moved the fuck on.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kawfee View Post
    How was people's experience in the dungeons? I avoided them due to fear of 3102. Not expecting a lot for the early game instances, but curious nonetheless. E.g. are they worth running, and if so, why? E.g. because of the fun factor, or because its great xp, gear that will last 10 lvls, etc
    Exp adds up quickly, but is just a fluff to everything else (unless it's your first run, completion bonus is huge). Each dungeon gives you a handful of coffers that each have a piece of gear in it. It ranged from better then normal crafted gear to WAY better then normal crafted gear. Pretty much obvious that the gear we try to go for comes from dungeons, and crafted gear we use as fluff to get materia to put onto said gear. Each dungeon is loads of fun, etc.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I enjoyed the dungeons quite a bit. On THM trying to keep things slept and DD main target was a ton of fun, and I had even more fun on CNJ healing everyone, but I'm also with Sath, after about the 3rd run it gets a little bland. Like everything probably depends on the group your with as well, I actually had some decent pugs and had fun joking on them and shit. Community seems decent so far.