1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes

View Poll Results: Were you able to accomplish your goals in Phase4 ?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did way more then expected

95 34.67%
  • Got my goal done but nothing more

71 25.91%
  • I had lots of RL stuff or partially hit by 3102 so no

83 30.29%
  • I got hit by 3102 almost since the beginning was that the beta?

25 9.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta 4 Results     submit to reddit submit to twitter

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I have a few not that many. Gloves, belt, body piece, shield (I think). Hmm DL gear sounds good. Is it still best in slot?
    Not best in slot, but you'll use it to bridge over to bahamut/crystal tower gear.

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

-Didn't really do a lot of leveling, but at least unlocked Arcanist, lol. Got LTW/BOT/CRP/BSM leveled up a few levels though.

-Sorted my inventory, pretty sure my stock-pile of striperstones and light kidney ores are all worthless now unless xivdb gets updated and shows them actually used for something.

-Finished GSM Luminary(had 2400 synths left from both stage4/5) and got a bunch of progress done towards MIN luminary as well.(Shaaaaaarrrds!)

-Made a few shinies for myself and got the new CP/GP rings/wrists and some new gear for MIN to tide over until AF.

-Figured out mostly how crafting and Lv50* nodes work in ARR. (1hr+ respawns, wat)

-Got all my class quests done for PUG/GSM/MIN/ARM/BSM, (forgot to do THM!) and beat Ifrit.

-Got a handful of minions and did some nice sight-seeing across the realm.

Definitely a good and productive experience, since it seems there were no game-breaking bugs/glitches that corrupted character data or gave a super advantage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I have a few not that many. Gloves, belt, body piece, shield (I think). Hmm DL gear sounds good. Is it still best in slot?
    No, but you'll probably need it to get Allagan gear / t2 tokens.

Like Fievel says, DL/t1 tokens are probably going to be incredibly easy to get.

EDIT: Slow

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    No, but you'll probably need it to get Allagan gear / t2 tokens.

Like Fievel says, DL/t1 tokens are probably going to be incredibly easy to get.

EDIT: Slow
    Ahh I see. Better than nothing. Thanks for the advice you two.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wanted to get a little more leveled on leatherworking and try to advance far enough to get to Ifrit bcnm, but other than that I was able to complete a huge chunk of what I wanted. PGL 12, LNC 18, ARC 20, all others are 8-9 through various methods of testing PL and the armoury bonus (With a 17+ main job plus the exp headpiece, you can level up to about 8-9 in roughly 10 minutes if you have a friend willing to cleave large pulls. Just find a nice gathering of level 9-10 mobs that you can use instant abilities to pull, preferably an AoE like Flash. Take Second Wind for an oh shit button. Our highest chain was 69.).

Edit: Actually since we abused it for all we needed, the Mandragoras by the Dodos in one of the La Noscea areas is where we did it. We had an 18 Archer and 18 Arc (peepee carbuncle cleave). These two group up (Not needed, but hey) and then you can have the leveler out of group mass pulling and the two higher levels cleave it all. The leveler gets 100% exp even if they missed the attack as long as they have claim. Since we were capped, we really couldn't experiment with places to go beyond 10 super fast. Bonus of this area is the lack of items so you don't have 100000 items in your bags. Though this is a good method if you want to get some crafting items from other enemies.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I just did main story and thm in uldah. Then did all the lv 20 quests for everything in grid/LL. Except for the botany one(moochin xp). And didn't do the lv 20 acn one since I'll do that on Saturday to mooch the xp off it. Really surprised how easy leveling is by just doing fates, hunting log and dungeons. Dungeons seem to kinda ruin DoH though. I mean you get xp AND good gear for your level for free. I see no reason in ever purchasing gear while leveling. Fishing kinda sucks though I have to admit, but the other DoL and all DoH seem a lot better than before. Mor Dhona was cool. But Coerthas kinda seemed... lacking. Cool zone but I was hoping for more than just one map, ie Northern Coerthas would have snow, southern would have grass.

Looking forward to launch though my play time will be restricted. WHYYYYY must you ALWAYS launch games in LATE AUGUST!? Couldn't you at least do early August so I'd get a few weeks in before class starts again?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfael View Post
    -Finished GSM Luminary(had 2400 synths left from both stage4/5) and got a bunch of progress done towards MIN luminary as well.(Shaaaaaarrrds!)
    They kept achievement progress? For some reason, I thought they said they were wiping all incomplete achievement progress.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    I just did main story and thm in uldah. Then did all the lv 20 quests for everything in grid/LL. Except for the botany one(moochin xp). And didn't do the lv 20 acn one since I'll do that on Saturday to mooch the xp off it. Really surprised how easy leveling is by just doing fates, hunting log and dungeons. Dungeons seem to kinda ruin DoH though. I mean you get xp AND good gear for your level for free. I see no reason in ever purchasing gear while leveling. Fishing kinda sucks though I have to admit, but the other DoL and all DoH seem a lot better than before. Mor Dhona was cool. But Coerthas kinda seemed... lacking. Cool zone but I was hoping for more than just one map, ie Northern Coerthas would have snow, southern would have grass.

Looking forward to launch though my play time will be restricted. WHYYYYY must you ALWAYS launch games in LATE AUGUST!? Couldn't you at least do early August so I'd get a few weeks in before class starts again?
    You buy or rerun dungeons for gear because you're trying to turn it into awesome materia.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Since there's a 20 cap I can't really say much, but doing a dungeon run resulted in a level every time so... you'll be blowing through gear so fast why would materia even matter until you can wear the max tier?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    Since there's a 20 cap I can't really say much, but doing a dungeon run resulted in a level every time so... you'll be blowing through gear so fast why would materia even matter until you can wear the max tier?
    This. Also, the materia created would be of a lower quality and likely not too useful for later levels/levels above that gear's current level.. That's not to say if you do spiritbond you shouldn't use it.

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
    Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zoner Hellscythe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Worked dam near the entire weekend got maybe 8hrs total play time
    -CNJ lvl 15...

Cassalot

Got Arcanist from 1 -> 20
    Finished all the quests in Limsa area besides the Arcanist and main scenario quests. After I ran out of quests I did lots of fates to finish my Arcanist. I got the 90k bug on Friday so I was limited to Limsa area all weekend.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    They kept achievement progress? For some reason, I thought they said they were wiping all incomplete achievement progress.
    They did keep it, though both values shrunk, last achievement is 4k crafts instead of the former 10k(?) for the rank 5 achievement. So people's progress shrunk accordingly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I got my Pugilist to level 19...was about 3/4 of the way to 20...

RL friends are the worst.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

ARC - 19
    LTW - 20
    BTN - 20
    CNJ - 5

I decided to stop the story missions right at Drybones since I didn't want to waste exp and wanted to run through that whole scenario with no story gaps. I was sort of hoping I'd get to play arcanist and level up lancer a bit but oh well. I'm just glad I finished Leatherworker and Botanist, I had a lot of fun and got to experience a lot of new things.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I did GLD to 20, everything mission-wise except Ifrit I believe, and then CNJ to 10. Work and GF got in the way. Planned to play all Sunday but it was short lived.

Gonna rush to PLD probably then debate what to do from there.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got ACN to 20. Didn't play as much as I wanted to, damn limited open beta.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got my goals more or less done. Stopped after Coppermine on the Story because I hit 20 on my CNJ and didn't want to waste doing quests and not get exp for them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

PGL to 20, LNC to 20, 3201 for 29 hours, CNJ to 20 on JP server, GLD to 15. Man, I just want to keep playing.....

Got ACN to 20.
    Finished the story quests.
    Got the important aetherytes.
    3102'd for 25 hours.
    Got 255/275 on all my DoH.
    Got the miner's set.
    Was too tired to set up my BTN24 for early access so I just logged out at the inn.
    Thoroughly loved it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast