+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

nabbed. ty

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I did 2 runs today, both went 12 wins. Pulled Legendaries from a box on each, plus a 3rd legendary from one of the packs. Unfortunately they are Cenarius, King Krush, and Malygos. Would it have hurt to get a legendary that's even partly useful? #firstworldproblems

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

cenarius gets a lot of play lately

Ridill
    BG Level

I gave in and got a 40 pack after chrismas.

I got one legendary in the entire thing.

Al'akir.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

yep

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

blizzard seams to have the impression that if a card is used to much it should be nerfed
    but fail to remember that their card game is a shitty Pay 2 win legendary fest and people are just trying to make do with basic cards

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

While I agree that the game is fairly pay to win to a certain extent, all card games are based around that behavior... only place to get away from it is arena and that relies a lot on luck/draft. All things considered though, every single card they're nerfing deserves it. All of those neutral minions are far too strong for their cost and make 80% of the other cards in this game useless in comparison. I think it'll cause a huge shift in the meta away from OP lock rush, mage ice barrier aggro, and seeing the same cards in every single deck.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I like the changes, especially the Abusive Sergeant change. I am all for cheap ways to abuse BGH in arena.

I agree, neutral minions should be slightly worse than class cards for the same power level...otherwise the classes can really lose their flavour as everyone plays the same neutrals all the time.

Also I am surprised harvest golem didn't get a slight nerf, that card is tremendous early anti aggro and is common as heck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I think the changes to the other neutrals reduce harvest golems utility slightly. No more perma dwarf buff and argus being worse (2/3) makes the golem worse overall. I actually swapped to using mind control techs over harvest golem in my decks to counter aggri decks ( specifically warlock) since I don't run dwarf in my Druid deck and 2/3 couldn't beat blood imp

Ridill
    BG Level

so I got offered a choice between legendaries for arena for the first time I can remember today...

deathwing, nozdormu, king mukla

mukla usable but of course I got a rogue in my first game lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

noz should be 0 - 5 with stealth and a lower mana cost

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    I think the changes to the other neutrals reduce harvest golems utility slightly. No more perma dwarf buff and argus being worse (2/3) makes the golem worse overall. I actually swapped to using mind control techs over harvest golem in my decks to counter aggri decks ( specifically warlock) since I don't run dwarf in my Druid deck and 2/3 couldn't beat blood imp
    also I didn't see this before but yeah... I've tried a couple decks recently without harvest golem and it always ends up going back in, it just manipulates the board too damn well

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    also I didn't see this before but yeah... I've tried a couple decks recently without harvest golem and it always ends up going back in, it just manipulates the board too damn well
    I really haven't had many problems, when I see harvest golem, but I'm also not playing constructed, as I still don't have many more cards, besides the base set. I even have one and tried it for a while, but with only crusaders, to 1/1 it, it just didn't do much for me.

Its value is that it is hard to completely remove it, especially early. Thus you can use it as a foothold to gain board control.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, and right now people are so freaked out by it because of all the talk it gets that they'll blow silences on it early on against a paladin and shit like that

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think it's probably a bit OP early game, but late game it's just an okay 3 - there are many 2 drops that are far superior late game. I don't think it's as good as SSC was at 3/3 anyways. I think a decent solution would be just taking away the "charge" the damaged golem gets if it can't be taken care of, but overall I think it should stay as is... I think it's just okay after turn 4 and it's really only OP if coined on 2 in my opinion.

I think it's in a lot of decks simply because other 3 drops are kind of lame - even compared to a lot of the 2 drops.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Of the 3 drops, golem has so much value as an early drop whereas most other 3s are situational. Blood Knight, Acolyte of Pain, SSC, Mind Control Tech, BGH, ghoul are all situational. More or less, there are a bunch of stronger 3s for class cards (animal companion, berzerker, SI agent.) Scarlet crusader is ok. Wolfrider is just a 1 hit wonder that is really just a removal. Razorfen is meh, but vulnerable to a boatload of 4 drops and general removal.

Ridill
    BG Level

I've been fucking around with crazy decks lately, have actually had some decent success rates.

I did one hunter that's just trap bow, a shitload of traps, and then like every draw minion and all my card draw and removal.

I then slowly adjusted that one to throw in some beef and stuff and played with it some more.

I did a priest zerg deck which is pretty hilarious. I also did a priest deck with mountain giants and lots of buffs, wasn't that entertaining tho.

Then I did a hunter zerg deck except where you'd normally put card draw and some removal I put in traps + bow.

Basically all of them I had better than 50% win rate in casual (which i usually don't cuz yeah every other card is ysera). However, almost every game, win or lose, with all those decks, was close as fuck lol.

I think the lesson I'm learning is that decks with a theme are just flat out better than well rounded decks. Yeah, an eaglehorn deck where your bow gets broken right away and you don't draw the other is prob gonna get shit on, but most of the time you're going to be in control.

Also suicides against my misdirects are my new favorite thing.