+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Mages are still retarded to play against.
    Hunters now are the new OTK class.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Last night arena literally queued into 3 paladins back to back... I went 6 wins only played against paladin and mage. Meta still pretty shitty, back to just buying packs with daily gold.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Got hit with the bug where you x a Quest, to get a replacement one, and haven't received a new daily since.

*shakes fist*

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Ridill
    BG Level

I got a golden argus in a pack yesterday, 800 dust cuz of the nerf XD

hit RNG jack pot w priest last night, shieldbearer > coin > inner fire. a 4/4 taunt on the first turn, i also copied his epic golem later on, but didn't use it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Best RNG so far was my druid deck a week or so back.

Turn 1: Coin + Innervate -> Yeti
    Turn 2: Innervate -> Sen'jin Shieldmasta

My opponent conceded immediately there-after.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The wait is over: The Hearthstone Open Beta Test is now live in North America! If you haven’t had the chance to partake in all of the crazy card-slinging action yet, now is the perfect chance to start casting powerful spells, summon mighty minions and duel your friends in this fast-paced strategy card game that anyone can dive into right away!

It’s been a crazy past few months for all of us on the Hearthstone team. We announced Hearthstone at PAX East back in March, began the Closed Beta Test in August, had a great Hearthstone event at BlizzCon with the Innkeeper’s Invitational along with our announcements for Android and iPhone support, and now we’re ready to unleash the awesomeness of Hearthstone to you with Open Beta!

So what does this mean for you? If you didn’t get the chance to participate in the Hearthstone Closed Beta Test, now is your chance to download the game! Just click here to download Hearthstone, or you can use the Play Free Now button at the top of playhearthstone.com. We have no plans to perform any more wipes of Hearthstone, so feel free to amass your collection and play against your friends!

What if you don’t play in the North American region? Don’t worry; we plan to go to Open Beta for all of the other regions within the next few days as well, so stay tuned for more information!

As open beta is still a beta phase, we will be closely monitoring many aspects of the game to ensure a positive play experience for everyone. Please be aware that if smoke starts curling out of our servers due to unexpectedly high demand to play Hearthstone, we may have to temporarily disable open beta account activations for a time until we’re ready to take on more players.
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/12440010
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/ <= Download

Ridill
    BG Level

what the fuck no advance notice? oh well smashing nubs in arena tonight fuck ya

Ridill
    BG Level

oh, also, best thing to come out of hearthstone yet:

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Thinking about trying this but I'm godawful at card games.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm starting to feel pretty confident there's a hack out, not widespread, but being used by a few, that lets you see opponents' cards.

Are you sure they aren't just playing around the worst case scenarios? I know I definitely try to play around class-commons in Arena, so that if they have the worst-case scenario card I don't get punished hard.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Are you sure they aren't just playing around the worst case scenarios? I know I definitely try to play around class-commons in Arena, so that if they have the worst-case scenario card I don't get punished hard.
    I did this with a hunter yesterday; I had three minions out and kept getting hero pinged on rounds 5 & 6. I could have played more minions but held back due to UTH combos. After realizing I wasn't going to over-extend, and give the advantage away, he conceded the game.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I did this with a hunter yesterday; I had three minions out and kept getting hero pinged on rounds 5 & 6. I could have played more minions but held back due to UTH combos. After realizing I wasn't going to over-extend, and give the advantage away, he conceded the game.
    this stuff happens a lot, and it usually costs people games when they're playing against me on hunter

multiple times yesterday I had people just sitting idle with a board of low hp stuff against my explosive trap, me not playing anything out to get killed by the minions that were dead in the water, and they just sat there chillin letting me ding their main while I built up a finishing hand

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I can't be 100% positive, but like, you're on the right track to what I'm talking about most of the time...

Every now and then I'll get someone that doesn't just play around a card (or secret), doesn't try to bait it out, or test to see if it's the right thing, even when they could and should... they just play like they straight up know for a fact what it is, even when there are multiple good options for what it could be. And I'm talking about both secrets, and cards in my hand.

One example: guy has a leper gnome or some shit out on the board; I don't have a removal I want to blow on it just yet; I play a misdirect hoping he'll think it's an explosive trap and waste a round of attacks. Instead he plays out several cheap minions and plays directly into it, which would have fucked him if it was explosive, but is perfect response for misdirect.

That kind of stuff occasionally happens so clearly that it's like... he absolutely had to be 100% positive, and there's no legit way he could have been.

And then, what led me to make that post...

I was in a match where it was fairly close at the end, but not quite a kill or be killed situation, there were plenty of things I could have in my hand or draw that would delay the fight by a couple more rounds...

But literally right after I get my draw, as soon as I can see it to find out that it's dead and I'm fucked on that round after all... opponent says "well played." He couldn't have known, and there's the remote possibility that he was just dumb and didn't realize the potential I had in deck still, but he was a pretty decent player and it was pretty obvious only 1 equality, no truesilver champs, and no consecrates had come out yet. It was also a situation where even a noble sac would have added another round.

But as soon as I saw my card, he apparently knew it was over...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

For the first case it seems like a mistake to me whether or not he knew what your secret was. Why not just take 2 damage to the face then play minions? Some players just don't know the secrets that well.

As for the other, that's something you get a lot of in Hearthstone... I wouldn't be surprised if there were hacks out there, but honestly it would probably be a lot of work for very little reward.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I can't say for certain by any means.

It's just one of those things where it's like... ok if you knew it was kill or be killed, and you thought it was a good game, then yeah, it makes sense. But I'm sitting there going through what he could have in his hand, and even an avenging wrath that all went to my face wouldn't guarantee him the game depending on what I got/played, and he didn't have enough else left to guarantee a finish that I could come up with.

And yeah, with the trap that's just one example, it just seems to happen every now and then that people play exactly they way they should if they know what a trap is, and it's blatantly the wrong play without having tested.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Did my first Arena last night. Won my first round against a warrior. He finally said fuck it and quit when he played a bunch of minions and I drew Deathwing with an empty hand. Lost my second and third matches, third one came down to him drawing a winning card or he was dead next turn, won the 4th, then got ass raped by a druid. Got zero board control that game as a mage. Made me weep a little. Didn't like the fact I had to take Deathwing but out of the three legendarys it offered me, was the best choice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As a lock, I just coined into Millhouse Manastorm against a rogue, who did a turn two Knife Juggler and free Head Crack. I Demonfired the Knife Juggler, then smacked him for 4 damage and he conceded. D:

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Head Crack, announcing you don't know how to draft since 2013.