+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I have a fairly high-end murloc deck myself and I generally enjoy playing it but after a 5-6 game win streak it gets very, very boring. It really does always come down to the draw and the order/tact in which you play your hand. Playing against a mage or priest deck really makes you think. Druids and Warriors can slow you down. The mirror match is always interesting and probably the most fun I get out of it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think you're both under-valuing the +1 attack of 8 murloc cards and 6 + 1 health cards a warlok has; combined, that's almost half of your deck. Add Knife Juglers to the mix, and with the cheap cost of the cards, its highly likely you're dominating the early game and beating other class aoe mana to get the health and attack advantage to end the game fast.

It's very reminiscent of my Yogo Junzo deck, from Legend of the 5 Rings, where I could bring out almost every card, every round, and their bonuses built on top of each other, to quickly and reliably crust any deck it could come across. Yes, you have to get one key card out, but that can be from a couple of sources, and if you do, it's almost assuredly that you're going to be faster then the other deck and not have to worry about aoe. Yes, Warlock helps this and that's why they are best suited to the deck.

Anyway, it's only one deck, but i wouldn't be surprised if further changes come about, in the next patch, that help address the high advantages that deck has against most other decks.

Ridill
    BG Level

murloc deck isn't used nearly enough to get nerfed in any meaningful way, it's already plenty easy to eliminate the buff mobs and laugh at the rest

not to mention that prime luck with a murloc is nothing like the utter domination of hunter, druid, or giants luck

In the mirror matchup, i like blood imp(1), juggler(2), imp master(3). free dmg until he can take down a 3/3 or 1/5, works good against paladins 1st and maybe 2nd recruit. Warlock is the weirdest class to me, i don't have it figured out at all.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This just happened and is par for the course for me:

Turn 1, I can't do anything. Opponent doesn't do anything.

Turn 2, I play Amani Berserker. Opponent does Coin+Alarm-o-bot.

Turn 3, Ironfur Grizzly and attack face cause I can't kill the bot. Opponent gets Deathwing out on the field, plays 2 charge creatures and sacs them into my Grizzly, killing it.

Turn 4, Chillwind Yeti, attack face, end turn. Opponent plays Alarm-o-bot again and attacks my face.

Turn 5, Blessing of Kings the yeti and put divine shield on it, attack Deathwing. Alarm-o-bot switches with Molten giant, he topdecks/plays Leeroy Jenkins and just kills me.

Ranked, but still, the amount of bullshit luck involved.

I think this belongs here

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally got a decent Arena deck as Shaman, I probably would have made it to 12 wins if I had some Hexes in there but there weren't any in the draft.

8 wins and got my first legendary from the pack, Ysera, which will go nicely in my paladin deck.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

One of these things is not like the others. Best pack I've ever opened, by far.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just had a priest "well played" my mage when he had 6 life left, and I had a fireball in my hand (I had a 3/2 and a 4/1 I think). Plenty of ways he could've extended the game, since we were at 10-mana already, and he had 3 cards in his hand. So yea, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have hacks available.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    One of these things is not like the others. Best pack I've ever opened, by far.

You suck. Still haven't even seen an epic card, much less legendary

actually a Pyroblast, but still. I want a good legendaryyy QQ

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any good resources for deck building advice? I'm absolutely god awful at this game apparently.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not so much a site for deck building, but I personally use a spreadsheet that keeps tabs on what someone thinks the best cards are for that certain class and I try to build accordingly. Obviously not perfect and you could argue against some things based on the kind of deck you're going for.. but it's still a nice sort-of guide on what stuff to maybe think about picking up when going Arena.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...R1RRTFE&gid=18

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Just had a priest "well played" my mage when he had 6 life left, and I had a fireball in my hand (I had a 3/2 and a 4/1 I think). Plenty of ways he could've extended the game, since we were at 10-mana already, and he had 3 cards in his hand. So yea, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have hacks available.
    There are many reasons for that... The usual reason is that every mage has fireballs and pyroblasts so when you're less then 10 health and have shit to play it's generally game over. If you have minions that add up to lethal (3/2, 4/1, ping) even if he healed there's an even better reason...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    There are many reasons for that... The usual reason is that every mage has fireballs and pyroblasts so when you're less then 10 health and have shit to play it's generally game over. If you have minions that add up to lethal (3/2, 4/1, ping) even if he healed there's an even better reason...
    Yea, but that was on my turn, after my attack. I suppose he knew what he had in his deck, and whether he could draw something to come back in the situation (constructed). Maybe he resigned himself to losing already, but to actually say "well played" on an opponent's turn with 6 health left? Sounds a little fishy to me.

Yeah I had a person well-played me on my lame gold-farming hunter deck today at 10 health, nothing on board at all. I did happen to have 2 kill commands and a 2 mana beast drop to kill him (exactly 8 mana as well), but he couldn't have known that; seemed a bit premature. I was at about 15 health at the time.

Lost to turn 5 nourish, 6-Ironbark 7-Illidan
    Another game I lost to turn 3 worgen turn 4 kings.

I seriously lose to the most ridiculous shit.

Ed: as I was saying

I did win though because I had hellfire in hand. Otherwise total loss.

Lost to Sylvanas. Guy also had 2x Mischa animal companions.

Yay for a new draft: 4 rares, no epics, and the rares are so bad that I have weaponsmith and sunfury protector. I even had one choice which was mogushan warden, goldshire footman, or dalaran mage. Meanwhile I'm on about 7 drafts since my last legendary.

e: first game, guy drops 2 patient assassins in the first 3 turns. Meanwhile I was never offered consecrate. Guess I lose.
    e2: somehow I got to 3 wins with this pile of crap....4 now...wtf.....5?? lollin...

Ended up losing to a deck with cairne fucking bloodhoof....

e3: New deck, lost to another guy with Ysera, after he top-decked fireball to defuse my mirror entity defusing play of silvermoon guardian into blood knight

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So just won a the most awesome game ever. Here's the situation. I'm at 24 health, he's at..1. I figure "Oh I can go for game here in a couple turns" because I had Hellfire and Soulfire. So.. here's where math comes in; I sucked at it. I misjudged and left him at 1 Health with me having no taunt minions and only one minion left which he can obviously bypass. So what happens? He draws into THREE taunt minions in a row. I"m like "Are you kidding me?" He already had Ironfur Grizzly out, drew into Lord of the Arena, and then Booty Bay Bodyguard. Well, thankfully since he completely ignores the fact that I have 3 minions on the board, I'm able to kill off one of the taunts, next turn draw into one of those Sun Clerics, kill another minion.

So as it stands.. I have 4 Health, 1 minion, no taunt, he has 1 health, 1 taunt minion + another. I use Warlock's special to draw a card because at this point I can't kill the taunt and kill him in the same turn so I have to hope for something; draw Knife Juggler. Next turn, I draw another monster. So I summon Knife Juggler.. summon one of my minions in hand, does 1 damage to his non-taunt and kills it, my last summon I can do with the last card I have in hand.. special hits him directly to kill him for a 2-0 finish. Like.. I wish chat existed in this game for that reason because that shit was ridiculous.

Obviously wouldn't have been in that spot had I not been stupid with my maths and killed his minions off, but still. Pretty awesome way to finish D:

Lost to deathwing. Next game: lost to Gruul.