+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

cuz it's fun for like a week and then you realize it's the same like 5 decks with tiny alterations for this or that class and once everybody learns to play it's just a battle of draw

can get a couple weeks out of it if you're into that shit, maybe a month tops; at that point if you're still into it you should be looking for a card game worth playing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The fun with this game for me is that I can play online against people while still having an aestetically attractive game with some polish by a company that will obviously expand on it later.

I don't want to ever play another physical card game ever again because its so much more accessible to turn on my computer and within a minute be in a game that does all of the calculations for you and doesn't look like a game that was thrown together in a month (MTGO).

What other card games like HS should I check out?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hex isn't going to be quite like HS but it will be worth checking out.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I can't imagine someone dropping that much money on decks in this game. You can do so well with basic decks and arena is where its at anyway, why buy decks lol.

some advice i saw the other day:
    use the other 2 regions to practice arena.

you get the starting gold quests once per region, along with the free arenas should net you 6 or so quick arenas to use as practice.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I can't imagine someone dropping that much money on decks in this game. You can do so well with basic decks and arena is where its at anyway, why buy decks lol.
    I think the reason is obvious it just might not be to your fancy.

Ridill
    BG Level

the reason is to speed up the rate at which you obtain the FUCKING INSANELY SMALL amount of non-legendary cards and trick yourself into believing you're going to get a legend other than millhouse

half the reason you should wait a while is because you'll get all your cards anyway, and that way at least when you spend $50 and get 1 legendary and it's al'akir you're not convincing yourself it was ok cuz "at least I got some good rares!" since you'll have them already

the other half is that you could get dark souls 2 or the ME trilogy or some shit that's actually worth that much money

as to what card games to play instead...

have you tried bridge?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    the reason is to speed up the rate at which you obtain the FUCKING INSANELY SMALL amount of non-legendary cards and trick yourself into believing you're going to get a legend other than millhouse

half the reason you should wait a while is because you'll get all your cards anyway, and that way at least when you spend $50 and get 1 legendary and it's al'akir you're not convincing yourself it was ok cuz "at least I got some good rares!" since you'll have them already

the other half is that you could get dark souls 2 or the ME trilogy or some shit that's actually worth that much money

as to what card games to play instead...

have you tried bridge?
    I don't have 3 other people to play with at my beckon so bridge might be a bit difficult.

I pulled a Golden Nat Pagel that I dusted, a Cenarius and a Leeroy that I was able to make into a pretty decent druid deck. I know that I could have gotten terrible unlucky but; thankfully I didn't.

I understand the logic behind the comments on why I shouldn't purchase packs but I justify it that if I can get as much enjoyment out of this game as a regular retail game then why not?

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Nat is one of the legs you shouldn't be dusting, it's used in pretty much every deck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

no he got nerfed

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    I don't have 3 other people to play with at my beckon so bridge might be a bit difficult.

I pulled a Golden Nat Pagel that I dusted, a Cenarius and a Leeroy that I was able to make into a pretty decent druid deck. I know that I could have gotten terrible unlucky but; thankfully I didn't.

I understand the logic behind the comments on why I shouldn't purchase packs but I justify it that if I can get as much enjoyment out of this game as a regular retail game then why not?
    saying you can't find a place to play bridge online is like saying you can't find a place to play chess or solitaire or some shit

as to why not, you can get just as much enjoyment by not paying, and be less disgusted when you realize what a shit game it actually is

To put it bluntly: people paying like that for this trash is why it's so hard to get a decent game at a reasonable price these days, instead everything follows the EA model of "make progression extraordinarily painfully slow, then charge them extra to advance at any sort of reasonable rate; but make sure if they really want the good shit fast they have to spend hundreds."

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    To put it bluntly: people paying like that for this trash is why it's so hard to get a decent game at a reasonable price these days, instead everything follows the EA model of "make progression extraordinarily painfully slow, then charge them extra to advance at any sort of reasonable rate; but make sure if they really want the good shit fast they have to spend hundreds."
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9645/pjsalt.png

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Nat is the kind of card that is only good in certain matchups that he'll last long enough to be useful.. 3200 dust is worth dusting him.

Ridill
    BG Level

well yeah goldens right after nerfs are always worth sharding

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Game is such a chore and all I do I play every few days to do the dailys which is more often than not win 5 times with a class I don't enjoy playing ie all of them

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The timers are too long, I hate when people are slow on their turn it makes me wanna sleep.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I only play an hour or so weekdays to try and keep the quests at 2 or less so they don't cap and then I'll arena and ladder on weekends. Druid decks going pretty good atm and hunter is so fast paced its pretty fun when the opponent isn't dragging ass.

I should try warlock but I don't know If I'll like that play style.

I watched a guy on twitch this weekend open a 40 pack and pull 6 legendarys, one golden. RNG...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

yay single player stuff >_>; I'm a carebear and terrible at the game

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's what the game needs; I'd be playing again,if not for Diablo 3, but I likely will check it out again when the dungeon is released.

Looks like they also fixed the stupid card swapping and over-lay issues. Good times.