+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Am getting another key tomorrow and I'm out of friends who want them, so if you're an active forum member and are going to use it, let me know.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Meeeeeee please I've been watching it on twitch like crazy for weeks just to learn it before ever having beta. Would be much appreciated!

Ridill
    BG Level

orz yeah I'm still desperate too, but guessing I'm too late ; ;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

I'm really enjoying the little bit I've played so far. Keep meaning to sink some more time into it but never do.

(Also check your PMs, Plow.)

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Key sent to Slott since he answered first. Check your PMs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Replied in PM, but thank you so much Intrinsic. Woke up to this and already installing, You've made my day/week/month! :D

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If anyone else has one to spare, I wouldn't mind giving this a go.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, yay for invite thanks so much ^^

pretty interesting so far, and I've only run into one bug (whole screen flips its shit whenever I attack something from stealth)

I can't help but think though that some of the serious aoe is going to get nerfed. Whirlwind killing everything but 1 mob, and stuff like the mage spell that does 4 dmg to every enemy... it's a bit much when you consider what it takes to set stuff up with classes like shaman and warrior.

Also couldn't help but wish there were like cool animations and stuff, but I guess that would make it a lot more serious in terms of development and shit.

Still haven't done arena, dunno what it's all about or anything, but assuming I should try to get a pretty solid feel for the game before I blow my free go.

Also, should I be saving gold for arena or buying packs? I spent my first few hundred on packs before it really occurred to me that maybe I should be thinking about that heh.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

flamestrike is a 7 mana card. The only thing I could see them doing is raising it to mabye an 8 mana card. But it's fine the way it is imo.

arena is where you choose from 3 random classes and then make a completely random deck. Decks can have more than the 2 card limit like in constructed. If you lose 3 times you're out and depending on how many wins you can get some sweet loot. Caps at 9 wins.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Neither of those cards will get nerfed, Mage is so terrible in constructed it needs a card of that magnitude. And I don't think I've ever seen Brawl played outside of Arena.

Save your gold for Arena. At least until you get to the point where you average 6-7 wins, then the gold starts piling up.

Ridill
    BG Level

Thanks for the tips.

As to the mage stuff, i dunno there's a few things to me that seem a bit much, that was just the first thing to come to mind. In the end every game comes down to who draws what when more than anything I find heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Neither of those cards will get nerfed, Mage is so terrible in constructed it needs a card of that magnitude. And I don't think I've ever seen Brawl played outside of Arena.

Save your gold for Arena. At least until you get to the point where you average 6-7 wins, then the gold starts piling up.

I'm a bit confused by your last sentence, but I assume you're saying spend it on arena?

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Spend on arena, as long as you like it. When you do an arena run, higher win totals will net you better rewards. At 7 wins, you're guaranteed to get your entrance fee back. Once you get the hang of arena, your gold will start piling up.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm terrible at Arena and avoid it, but don't want to avoid it. Any tips?

Ridill
    BG Level

I did my first arena game and won pretty dominantly today. I'm not sure what to make of my deck, though.

Took Garrosh. The only tanks it offered me were arena lords, offered early on, and I turned them down so ended up with no tanks at all.

Didn't end up mattering much, because I only took a bare minimum of spells and just had minions all day, with 2 of the 3/3 "everyone else gets charge" guys early on. That allowed me to just crush everything he put in my way and handled him pretty easily and quickly.

I only did one match, but yeah, I figured in an area where you only "kind of" get to pick your deck, and you're restricted to certain classes, people would probably be a bit less comfortable with their play in general. So, forsaking big build up and fancy spell combos and shit for just a constant stream of hard hitting pressure seemed like the way to go.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I'm terrible at Arena and avoid it, but don't want to avoid it. Any tips?
    Pray to RNGesus and believe in the heart of the cards.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Pray to RNGesus and believe in the heart of the cards.
    We're not on good terms at the moment.

Ridill
    BG Level

People really haven't gotten that deep into strategy on this yet, have they?

I've started doing some looking around at websites and videos and stuff, and all the advice and deckbuilding guides and shit I watch I'm like... this is shit I figured out in 5 minutes and came naturally to building any decks almost immediately lol.

Like I'm watching this one guy build a hunter deck with commentary on youtube, and he's building pretty much exactly the deck I built my first time making a hunter, and most of his elaboration is all the really simple basics I could see right away lol.

edit: here's the video I was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5s4...ature=youtu.be

It's long, 30 minutes.

He eventually diverges from my thinking, as he completely dismisses taunt (and even implies "give a minion taunt" is a downside instead of a bonus).

I'm really surprised though, he's leaning towards going with 0 taunts of any sort, with a hunter main, which seems really odd to me, but he does eventually toss in a couple grizzlies at the end.

He also completely dismisses the oasis snapjaw as shit even while carrying 2 houndsmasters... /facepalm

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

That video is almost 2 months old, I'm sure his deck has changed. Hunter is the top deck in 3 Star Master, survive until you can do 20-25 damage in one turn with cheap minions and Unleash.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hate the hunter combo, so cheesy.

I 9-2'd with a decent Mage deck and came close with a few others heroes, but my arena RNG has been absolutely terrible. Had a Warrior deck with 4 weapons and hardly saw any in every game going 4-3 had maybe 2 games where a weapon topdeck won the game... Had a Mage deck with no flamestrike, no fireball, and no blizzard. I didn't even know what the fuck to do, went 2-3 or 3-3, something terrible like that.

Anyways I think arena is a clear winner over decks as you get a pack anyways for doing arena. Unless you just want to buy a pack bundle to fill in your constructed cards, but honestly I only do constructed for daily gold. If you want to learn arena I'd check out TrumpSC on twitch or Kripparrian when he isn't playing PoE...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just posting to say I have no fucking idea how to play this game, what the shit you are all talking about, or give a fuck about CTG in general.

With that said, my husband has had constant reactions to this game that amounts to watching 2Girls1Cup.

So if you are reading this thread wondering if the game is worth it....sounds like it.