+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I absolutely love it, spend hours each day playing.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah it's pretty solid overall, if imbalanced.

Sadly, though, I still prefer playonline's tetra master, but can't find any place to play it ; ; Only the ff8 (9? i don't even remember anymore) version seems to be available.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much luck in hearthstone to ever be really competitive, but yeah it's definitely tons of fun.

It definitely feels sometimes like playing poker if you could never fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Hate the hunter combo, so cheesy.

I 9-2'd with a decent Mage deck and came close with a few others heroes, but my arena RNG has been absolutely terrible. Had a Warrior deck with 4 weapons and hardly saw any in every game going 4-3 had maybe 2 games where a weapon topdeck won the game... Had a Mage deck with no flamestrike, no fireball, and no blizzard. I didn't even know what the fuck to do, went 2-3 or 3-3, something terrible like that.

Anyways I think arena is a clear winner over decks as you get a pack anyways for doing arena. Unless you just want to buy a pack bundle to fill in your constructed cards, but honestly I only do constructed for daily gold. If you want to learn arena I'd check out TrumpSC on twitch or Kripparrian when he isn't playing PoE...
    I've done 4 arena runs so far.

First time I got a pretty solid deck and decent luck, went 3-0 then 2-3 to finish 5-3.

Second time I won 3 straight, then just got shit on by cards and finished 4-3.

Third time was the worst, just wasn't ever even fun. Lost my first 2 games entirely to card draw, there was nothing I could possibly have done to change it. The next 2 games were exactly the same except the draw was on my side, and the other guys had absolutely nothing they could possibly have done. I won them on turns 6 and 5. Then I got shit on by draw again in the last game to finish 2-3.

Last time was just hilarious. Got offered a shit deck, and no bullshit every person I played had at least one good legendary, one had two. I went 1-3. I think it was partly my fault for not being ballsy enough, though... one of the choices for first card it offered me was the murloc that's pretty much the key to all murlocs... and I was just like nopenopenope, there's no way it's worth trying to build a murloc deck in arena, I'll end up with like 3 of them. And then it offered me at least 12 murlocs, which I wasn't taking any of. Mistakes were made.

So yeah... my record in arena runs is
    5-3
    4-3
    2-3
    1-3

wat

And yeah, I didn't realize arena always gave a pack when I was asking that, sorry. What's sad is I've gotten almost exactly equivalent rewards for all of those arena runs. One of em gave me like 80 dust, but it wasn't the one where I did best.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

The better you do, the more gold you get, worse...dust. Arena can be imbalanced, since the 2 max of each card goes out the window. It's fun since you need to make due with what you're offered, and seeing how far you can push the limits. There's also a fairly large learning curve in arena, learning what abilities your opponent may (or may not have) and thinking outside the box. I made a mistake my first arena as a hunter, and drew none of the cards needed for a decent unleash the hounds deck...what a mistake. I learned from my errors, and my second time through arena, I went with mage and finished 6-3. Didn't have the best cards, but still made due. I've been sticking to constructed for fun (rocking a disgusting rogue deck) and earning coins for later arena runs. What a difference the small things like monster placement, knowing what traps may/may not spawn, what order to throw things down in a turn and other things that make such a difference. I've also been helping coach a friend through arena, and we do pretty well together.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

At 9-2 I got 2 packs and something like 250 gold (no dust), so it was pretty great. Haven't played much arena since because I've been trying to work on my game a little. My plan is to unleash my gold when the game goes live and there are tons of people playing who have no idea what they're doing.

Most important thing I've found in constructed is that it's very important to pace yourself and keep a card advantage. That and board control are important, but most of the time I find myself sacrificing card advantage for board control and it always backfires. When I slow down and trade while keeping a card advantage I do much better. Overall the game is very highly dependent on RNG, however if you watch players like Trump/Kripp/Ekop/etc... on twitch they can make shitty decks go 5+ just by pretty much knowing what plays are possible on the opponents next turn. I'm still slowly learning secrets, hero-specifics, and combos during constructed, but my decks are pretty meh so far.

I think I have a 75%+ or so win rate in constructed aside from my Druid deck which is just awful. Not sure how many quality players I'm queuing into though...

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll start saving my gold for when it goes open beta too.

I'm definitely still in the phase of learning what shit can do, and what cards exist even heh.

I've been at a bit of a loss lately though, as I was doing a lot better when I started out than I have been lately. Like, the weird thing about those arena records is that's in order... I won 5 my first run, then 4, then 2, then 1 lol.

I'm definitely still picking up the meta game as well. I start to think the key is board control, and I start losing to any kind of bad draw, and any opponent that keeps a good card advantage. Then I go for card advantage and find myself with 7 cards in my hand and nothing worth playing lol. I have actually had a really high win rate lately with lock just playing with a setup that has me clearing my deck while opponent has 10-15 still left in theirs.

Also, bit of a complaint: I feel like any deck that's just designed around being a good all around deck with no major gimmick just ends up completely hopeless against priests, and sometimes mages. Which account for like 80% of my opponents.

I think a big part of the reason for that is spells/effects being overdone. If I actually bothered to remember, I'm pretty sure I could count on one hand the amount of times in the last week I've seen a basic mob other than yeti or raptor. Seems nearly every card hinges on comboing with or against something else very specific.

Ridill
    BG Level

oh hey, should I be actively using my arcane dust to craft rares/commons I could use right away or save em for epics/legendaries?

I have a looooooooong way to go in terms of getting a quality deck together

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

There are ways/decks to deal with mages and priests. I made it to master 3 already (rank) with my rogue deck, and those 2 classes don't give much issues at all. That being said, they can suck to go against if you're a full late game deck. I'd craft what you need for a constructed deck you plan to use for a while, otherwise it'd suck to drop all that dust on something you use once or twice.

Ridill
    BG Level

I actually don't believe there is a way to deal with a priest that gets a perfect draw, unless you're building your entire deck specifically to counter them. Mind control combined with the shadow words counters literally anything except a deck full of 4 attack minions. If they draw them at the right times it's pretty hopeless.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

This is why you see 2 Azure Drake and 2 Argent Champion in every deck imaginable. Also why I'm starting to see a ton of Ogre Magi in 3 star master.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Yep, it's all about the card draw, and minions that can augment other minions attack, such as dark iron dwarves, shattered sun cleric, defender of argus, drakes, engineers and the argent commanders. Playing anything too high risks a poly/hex/MC unless you bait it. Never play your entire hand vs a mage shaman or priest.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Priest is strong, but I don't think they're broken. Maybe the shadowwords should be +1 mana each or something like that. Priest can just have a ton of card draw and if you can't deal with it it's game over. Same is true for just about any class, but Northshire Cleric is just retarded if they can get it behind a taunter. Without a lot of card-draw or great RNG I think they're on-par with most other classes. I think Druid is the weakest class though, I can't do shit with Druid unless I get excellent RNG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

also, witnessed this yesterday...Hillarious

http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/482871368?t=14925s

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Got sent a key, on my birthday, thanks Blizz.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh shit, I forgot I got a key for this. Like the day after signing up for the beta.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    also, witnessed this yesterday...Hillarious

http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/482871368?t=14925s
    Thought the youtube video was even better, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1i...6M-qx4OgCoVmeA

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Crazy good draw.

I played a couple hours over the weekend and had a blast. Tried Mage and a bit of Warrior and Hunter. Game is pretty fun

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just played an Arena priest with (at least) 3 Mind Controls. -_- Luckily I managed to get board control early and still won.

I have an arena deck that ran 4 MCs. Didn't actually do that well--you actually don't want that many. There's too high a chance you'll end up sitting on dead cards until 8+ mana. I think 2 is perfect. By turn 8, you have drawn almost half your deck, so you've got a good chance to have drawn it. I'd rather 2 MC and a bomb creature rather than 3. Or 2 MC and some shadow madnesses. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Ridill
    BG Level

currently playing a priest deck that got offered 0 mind control in arena

1-0 woohoo >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Got my first 9 win last night :D Warlock deck made it to the dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast