+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Control warrior has always been insanely expensive. Thankfully I've been playing since beta so I have so many cards just lying around.

I didn't need to invest much to try it. I've had mixed success so far with that warrior deck. I think I'm going to build the death rattle rough.

Shaman decks are fucking cancerous. Something needs to be done asap, there's hardly any penalty for playing a fucking 7/7 on turn 4.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Control warrior has always been insanely expensive. Thankfully I've been playing since beta so I have so many cards just lying around.
    I have too guess I missed out lol

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Shaman decks are fucking cancerous. Something needs to be done asap, there's hardly any penalty for playing a fucking 7/7 on turn 4.
    There is so much cheap effective removal. I tried out the shaman deck and haven't had much success with it. It is an ok deck but it doesn't feel unfair.

Maybe I haven't found the right cancerous deck list yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    There is so much cheap effective removal. I tried out the shaman deck and haven't had much success with it. It is an ok deck but it doesn't feel unfair.

Maybe I haven't found the right cancerous deck list yet.
    I'm sure it's fine if you happen to have the removal card in your hand by turn 4 lol.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I'm sure it's fine if you happen to have the removal card in your hand by turn 4 lol.
    With only 30 card decks and so much removal available to each class I am saying that if you play smart you can increase the odds of having removal by turn 4 fairly high or at least it seems based on how my games have been going.

Anyone have a list for these so called cancerous shaman decks?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

welp just had a 14/14 cthun summoned on me in turn 7 by a druid.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    With only 30 card decks and so much removal available to each class I am saying that if you play smart you can increase the odds of having removal by turn 4 fairly high or at least it seems based on how my games have been going.

Anyone have a list for these so called cancerous shaman decks?
    Depends on the class.

My "problem" with it is, a lot of the hard removal cards are ONLY good vs that 7/7 and not really anything else (sw death, polymorph, etc...) but keeping that card in your mulligan vs a shaman is just a terrible idea, because if they never get around to playing that 7/7, the card is just clogging up your hand, when you NEED to draw your early stuff fast to fend off the troggs and totem golems.

Honestly, the tempo mage deck I was playing had no problem dealing with that 7/7 or shamans in general. Usually I just drew polymorph anyway, and if not, frost bolt was always an option to stall (and then trade a minion in to kill it).

Now, when I tried playing warrior. Holy shit. Dude played one of those 7/7's. The only effective way to deal with it is execute. Not in hand. I cycled through like 10 cards patron-battle rage style, but both executes were in the bottom 10 cards of my deck and then the guy played another one, lol. Shit happens.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is - it's not a hugely unfair card. It's strong, can sometimes win them the game outright, but you USUALLY have some kind of answer to it. However, did shaman REALLY need more insane aggro cards like that?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's when they play a 2 mana 3/4 into a 1/3 into having a 7/7, 3/4 and a 3/3 and then unlock their crystals the next turn with a 3/2 or a removal spell, it's really hard to combat that.

EDIT: On a side note: I got to rank 9 and my chest gave me a gold Knife Juggler. AKA 800 dust lol. Sick life.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    It's when they play a 2 mana 3/4 into a 1/3 into having a 7/7, 3/4 and a 3/3 and then unlock their crystals the next turn with a 3/2 or a removal spell, it's really hard to combat that.

EDIT: On a side note: I got to rank 9 and my chest gave me a gold Knife Juggler. AKA 800 dust lol. Sick life.

Ha, I got a gold arcane golem today.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Overload is such a bullshit mechanic if there's very capable removal spells that unlock your overloaded crystals. What's the fucking point when any answer you summon can be countered with removal that also unloads the crystals you locked as balance for how cost effectives your cards are. Can't wait until the brm card gets shuffled out, even if it means losing all the cards that make Dragon decks so much fun.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I wonder how long they will give full dust for the nerfed cards. I should focus on buying standard packs until then just in case I can get some big boosts in dust.

I am contemplating whether or not I want to spend all my dust crafting 4 legendaries or if I want to craft a couple legendaries and all the epics, rares, and commons that I need to fill out a few decks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I often value Epic over legendary just because I can craft 4:1 of them to legendaries. Pretty few legendaries are worth more than 4 epic cards.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had over 5k dust after getting rid of golds, didn't dust a single important thing or wild card. Crafted twin emps for 3 of the decks I use. Soon I'll see where to take this game and which big deck to main and spend a ton of dust on.

I love this Brawl so much. Mana Wyrm and Unstable portal are fucking hilarious.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I love this Brawl so much. Mana Wyrm and Unstable portal are fucking hilarious.
    I am going to have to try that one. I was doing mana wyrm and the 1 mana spell that makes the two 0/2 taunt guys. I am tired of facing mill druids though those are an instant forfeit. They can just chain cast and mill you out on turn 1.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I enjoyed this week's tavern brawl too. Tunnel Trogg + Totem Golem seemed to work well for me.

Some other combinations I saw:

Target Dummy + Bolster

Mechwarper + Gorillabot A-3

Mechwarper + Metaltooth Leaper

Coldlight Oracle + Naturalize

Soulfire + Fist of Jaraxxus

Upgrade + Shield Block

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I played living roots savage roar. I dicked around with the power of the wild I think card, +1/+1 to dudes or make a 3/2, but I think roar was better.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Shaman: Evolve + any 0 cost minion is a fun combo too.