+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I also saw Mage play ice block and molten giant. That was a fun game. I ended up winning with Worm + portal but it was cool to see him get stuck at 1 health for so many turns then drop an entire hand of free molten giants.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tunnel Trogg + Dust Devil has been pretty fun lol Turn 5.. if a trogg is still up and I have all dust devils, it's like +8 attack lol

Doing my dailies rn, but I may try the Wyrm + Unstable

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is it cheating if I Doomsayer + Forgotten Torch? At first the Mechwarper + Gorillabot was all excited that he had 3 units out on turn 1, then he saw the Doomsayer lmao. He went on to gorillabot and probably try and find vol7ron, but then I did a Forgotten Torch to his face and he insta-quit haha.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is it cheating if I Doomsayer + Forgotten Torch? At first the Mechwarper + Gorillabot was all excited that he had 3 units out on turn 1, then he saw the Doomsayer lmao. He went on to gorillabot and probably try and find vol7ron, but then I did a Forgotten Torch to his face and he insta-quit haha.
    There is no cheating in this weeks tavern brawl it is just insanity. I really like the mechwarper gorillabot combo you can drop your whole hand turn three and it gets filled back up by the gorillabots. You get to play with all sorts of different mechs that way.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just saw this Kripp video on the Hearthstone subreddit. Seems hilarious but also excruciating to play against:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I took it for a spin. It's so trolly lol.

I lost hard to Mage with wyrms and nova <_>; If my minions had broke free though I would have won in 1 turn :/ but he kept getting nova.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Unstable and wyrm were the most fun for me so far. Disliked Mechwarper the most. Faced a couple cool and terrible things too. Druid with mana gems and murloc draw to fatigue. We both died but it gave him the win. Faced an evolve shaman which was really cool but he lost.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I much prefer their adventures to standalone expansions. I'm enjoying the fresh air wild bought to the game, but am finding wotog to be a little stale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I hero power and emote!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you put your heart into the game, and are rank 20, all decks are viable.

God that hit too close to home =(

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Years of needed arena balance and we finally get something. I don't like the direction but hope it works out positively. Arena is how I makes the monies.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been trying to put together a good Dragon Paladin or Reno/Menagerie Paladin deck lately, but with limited success. I hate that a lot of the really good early/mid-game control-style cards like Shielded Minibot, Zombie Chow, Sludge Belcher, Loatheb, and Antique Healbot are no longer in Standard. Having to run Doomsayer/Wild Pyromancer + Equality/Consecrate, especially early on just to contest the board just feels wrong to me. Forbidden Healing, while strong and versatile, often requires a whole turn to use effectively and only stalls the inevitable if you're already behind on tempo, not to mention Priests can occasionally steal it and wreck you with Auchenai (lost a game to that once, lol; also had a game where they stole BOTH my Sir Finley and Justicar). I crafted a Ragnaros Lightlord the other day, which seems solid, but I still haven't played much with him yet. I may post some decklists later and see what you guys think.

Overall, the metagame still seems to want to push aggro or tempo-themed decks over control decks, and that upsets me. Again, decks with Charge (Call of the Wild, Tundra Rhino, Alexstraza's Champion) and Secrets (Cloaked Huntress, Mysterious Challenger to a lesser degree, possibly Medihv's Valet) continue to dominate because there aren't many good ways to counter or respond to them until after they've done their damage. Weapons like Fiery Win Axe (early game removal/tempo), Doomhammer (late-game finisher/mid-game tempo), and Eaglehorn Bow (synergy with secrets for repeated use) don't seem to help either, though at least cards like Acidic Swamp Ooze and Harrison Jones exist; I just hate having to find space to tech them in and then find out I'm facing a class that doesn't use weapons. Same for cards like Eater of Secrets/Kezan Mystic, makes me wish Hearthstone had some sort of sideboard option or something.

Currently, Hunter has:

- a bunch of beast/deathrattle-synergy minions that can easily contest the board, synergizes with N'Zoth

- a pseudo-Mysterious Challenger with Cloaked Huntress for free secrets + Eaglehorn bow for more synergy and board control

- another broken Charge card with Call of the Wild alongside Tundra Rhino and Unleash the Hounds because Blizzard apparently didn't learn their lesson with cards like Force of Nature + Savage Roar

- Yogg N' Load

Druid has:

- Fandral + ridiculous value cards + Yogg

- beast synergy

- ramp C'Thun

Warrior can currently support a multitude of decktypes due to a good/synergistic cardpool, cheap/effective removal, and longevity with armor:

- dragon tempo

- C'Thun control

- "wallet warrior" control

- Worgen OTK

- Grim Patrons

- pirates/weapons

Mage:

- still dominating arena (hopefully upcoming changes will help)

- Mana Wyrm/Flamewanker tempo cancer

- Yogg

- I still fucking hate Ice Block even though Freeze Mage doesn't seem to exist anymore

Shaman:

- mostly aggro getting a near-perfect curve with difficult-to-contest minions/tempo removal/Doomhammer + Rockbiter finisher

- Evolve is still a thing...?

Warlock:

- zoo, zoo, and more zoo... and discard synergy...?

- maybe a Renolock here and there

- Handlock and demon synergy don't seem to exist anymore

Rogue:

- mostly Miracle

- a few oddball mill/Unearthed Raptor/Burgle/pirate decks here and there

Priest:

- yay dragons

- getting stuff stolen/Entomb'd is still annoying

- Resurrect/Onyx Bishop can sometimes be annoying

- lolPurify

Paladin:

- yay dragons

- possibly best Menagerie synergy due to good Murloc and Dragon cards, Stampeding Kodo/Book Wyrm synergizes with Humility/Aldor Peacekeeper/Eadric the Pure

- Steward of Darkshire + Moroes is decent

- N'Zoth + Tirion/Sylvanas/Cairne etc.

- better heals than Priest atm, but Priest can still steal them

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Love this new update. New Meta: Jade Druid and Pirate Rogue/War. Control decks get raped and every other deck is useless in rank. I've been running a tweaked Freeze Mage deck that has been semi-successful - but this new meta is hella annoying.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I think I'm gonna start playing again. Gotta see what I have to start trying to build towards something. I've never ran a rogue or warrior deck before and always wanted to.

I'm not a huge fan of this expansion. I have got 0 legendaries yet :/.