+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I 9-2'd with Priest last night. Big cards were 1x Mindcontrol (only offered 1), Hogger, Illidan, Argent Commander, Big Game Hunter among a few other good drops. Highish mana-curve made me fear fast decks and for good reason, I was annihilated by a Shaman and Paladin with too many 2-4 drops.

Funniest match was against Rogue. I mindvision'd turn 1 and... Hogger. I was like you've got to be kidding me... I played it on turn 6 because his deck was rather fast and I needed control, they used up a weapon and cleared the board to wipe hogger and the taunter. At the end of the game I had 2 Hoggers and Illidan on the board, I was just kind of stringing him along at the end though, surprised he didn't ragequit when I MC'd his Hogger on turn 9, SW:Death'd his free molten giant and played Illidan the next turn.

Honestly though only played about 2 games where the legendaries even mattered, Hogger can get you out of a pinch, but mostly just "win-more" kind of cards. Think I would have 9-0'd if I had 1-2 more SWains (only had 1).

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I refuse to play Priest in Arena, it feels like cheating. Mage is almost there, but only if you pull 4+ Blizzard and Flamestrike.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I hope they fix the stupid hunter tracking bug soon, scares me to do arena with it out there

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    I refuse to play Priest in Arena, it feels like cheating. Mage is almost there, but only if you pull 4+ Blizzard and Flamestrike.
    Priest isn't that dominant. Not even close to the Rogue dominance before the nerf. Still is top tier, but Mage and Paladin are right there with them. Shaman and Warrior not too far behind, but you do need a little more luck in drafting. I know some people like the challenge of taking a weaker class and doing well, but the reality is that *any* class can steamroll arena if they get the right draws and *any* class can get stomped with bad draws.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

The player base has definitely expanded in the last couple weeks, bringing average competency way down. I'm getting 9 wins with almost every arena deck, including a terrible rogue deck that would have gone 5-3 a month ago. No reason to save your gold, there's plenty of weak players to gorge on right now.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    The player base has definitely expanded in the last couple weeks, bringing average competency way down. I'm getting 9 wins with almost every arena deck, including a terrible rogue deck that would have gone 5-3 a month ago. No reason to save your gold, there's plenty of weak players to gorge on right now.
    I'm so awful at arena, but I got my first 3 win today and another 1 win with a first time hunter (no beasts at all damnit).

Ridill
    BG Level

I can't decide if this game is just pure luck in every way imaginable, or if I just have the worst luck you can possibly get.

For example, not even in terms of how insanely helpless I am in probably 60% of my games...

Right now I have a dominance quest. Win 5 games... with either rogue or druid.

Which is bad enough on its own... but I have 0 rares or above for either class. I don't even have half the key commons.

So my first game I went rogue with a deck that's right about half minions.

I got one minion in my first 13 cards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Try looking up some basic decks for starters, you may get some ideas that you aren't thinking of. A properly crafted deck may make a huge difference for you, or even post your list here for critique

Ridill
    BG Level

I have looked up a bunch of stuff, I have a couple decks that do fine I just don't have the cards for a lot of stuff. I win most games with war, priest, or mage, they're just not classes I want to play like... at all.

Another example:

Warrior just zerged down my main as druid letting me completely control the board and won easily because I drew 0 heals and he drew shield block the first turn after he ran out of cards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I don't play any heals in a druid deck, don't find them very useful. Mind posting yours so we can take a look at it?

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm playing a mage right now that had a sorceror's apprentice, 2 kobold geomancer, and a mirror images up on turn 3. Then a novice engineer on turn 4 and a poly on turn 5.

I'm dead on turn 5.

Ridill
    BG Level

And there's no point to posting my druid deck because it's just something I'm fucking around with for this quest.

Feel free to explain what a druid that draws 0 removal cards or swipes can possibly do against that draw, though.

Ridill
    BG Level

And I just had the following happen in my favor:

turn 2 tidehunter
    turn 3 tidehunter + windfury thingy
    opp plays novice
    turn 4 savage roar
    opp clears windfury and 2/1, plays senjin
    turn 5 demo + mark on 2/1; clear senjin, enemy at 3 hp
    swipe waiting for turn 6

so, same shit, hopeless, just in my favor this time lol... he even had a holy nova for turn 5 but it didn't matter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I dont know what removal you do/dont have in the deck, what early game cards you can play to remove things/trade or anything. Seeing savage roar, tidehunter and windfury is already showing me 3 cards that are terrible for druids unless you're running a murloc deck. Senjin as well when you have access to better (druid of the claw)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Rush decks work well in constructed because constructed really is all about luck. The game does seem to do a decent job weeding out players with advanced cards though so you're mostly playing against people with similar types of cards. I have played against a few legendaries though, I just assume the players are so bad they have to queue into people that haven't found a legendary yet. Think I just have 2 epics and they're not even that great.

I'd agree that arena is somewhat diluted with new players, but it's hard to determine whether it's bad play or a bad draft. I don't see too many huge mistakes and my average is around 6 closer to 7 wins per arena. Streamers who play all day are usually in the 7/8 range I think so I still have some meta to work on. 9 wins certainly isn't a guarantee with any hero, unless you get Paladin/Mage/Priest with a great draft and queue into Rogue/Druid/Hunter for 9 games - then yeah pretty easy. I had a mage deck the other day with zero flamestrike, zero blizzard, zero polymorph, and one frostbolt... No worgen or gurabashi either, it was 10x worse then a day1 starter deck and I still managed 5-3, but it certainly wasn't much fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    I dont know what removal you do/dont have in the deck, what early game cards you can play to remove things/trade or anything. Seeing savage roar, tidehunter and windfury is already showing me 3 cards that are terrible for druids unless you're running a murloc deck. Senjin as well when you have access to better (druid of the claw)
    I got annoyed shortly before that with the druid deck I was using and made a new one with ~25 neutral minions (10ish murlocs, missing the keys to go full murloc) almost entirely 4 or less drops, a druid of the claw, and a few buffs. The senjin was opponent's, not mine.

Won my last 2 games for the quest quite easily with it lol.

Like I said, guy had absolutely no hope with my draw vs his draw in that one lol.

For the one I was complaining about I had 2 swipes, 2 moonfires, 2 starfires, and a few cheapos. Drew none of them and was dead before I could even have played the starfire. I don't have any wrath cards yet, among other things.

That's still probably my biggest problem, druid without its most effective removals and rogue with 0 weapons aside from the basic one, no ringleader/agent/kidnapper, etc. ... makes things pretty rough.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Rush decks work well in constructed because constructed really is all about luck. The game does seem to do a decent job weeding out players with advanced cards though so you're mostly playing against people with similar types of cards. I have played against a few legendaries though, I just assume the players are so bad they have to queue into people that haven't found a legendary yet. Think I just have 2 epics and they're not even that great.

I'd agree that arena is somewhat diluted with new players, but it's hard to determine whether it's bad play or a bad draft. I don't see too many huge mistakes and my average is around 6 closer to 7 wins per arena. Streamers who play all day are usually in the 7/8 range I think so I still have some meta to work on. 9 wins certainly isn't a guarantee with any hero, unless you get Paladin/Mage/Priest with a great draft and queue into Rogue/Druid/Hunter for 9 games - then yeah pretty easy. I had a mage deck the other day with zero flamestrike, zero blizzard, zero polymorph, and one frostbolt... No worgen or gurabashi either, it was 10x worse then a day1 starter deck and I still managed 5-3, but it certainly wasn't much fun.
    I do pretty well with rush decks in general, yeah.

Like my warrior is by far my best deck, and I have a legendary + epic (grammosh + golden gorehowl) for it... which I almost never actually use because I beat people before they'd come into play the vast majority of the time.

Actually strongly considering de'ing those two since it would give me a ton of progress towards pretty much any deck if I could decide on one. But, like I said, that's my best deck by miles and I don't wanna cut it up like that just yet.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

there's a tournament going on right now if anyone wants to watch:

http://www.twitch.tv/2p_entertainment

get some pointers/watch some good matches/insight etc on the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Do you run claw? one of the best removals. Between claw/wrath/starfall/swipe you should have more than enough. Also with keeper of the grove or whatever

Ridill
    BG Level

generally run 2 claw yes, though I think I only have one if any in the new deck I made

had 2 keeper in the deck that one mage game that I sent back and drew again lol ><

but yeah finished the quest so not worrying about druid anymore anyway heh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast