+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sometimes the goldens disenchant for more then it costs to make the regular cards, in that case I'd disenchant as the goldens make no difference in a deck. If it's an even trade then I would just keep the golden. I wouldn't disenchant any other cards just because the conversion is so bad, you're generally better off just doing arenas and slowly building up a good deck from cards found and dust earned for constructed (or buying a big set of packs).

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah the gorehowl de's for the same as it costs to make a normal one. I think golden commons and rares you get like 10 dust "profit" de'ing them and making normal.

I guess in the end it just comes down to now or later, with now being more costly.

I think I'll try to get someone to get me a 50 pack deal for christmas lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Buddy of mine talking this game up, any keys available!?

Ridill
    BG Level

just ran into malygos for the first time...

that's pretty balanced

yep

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Most classes have a way of taking out a big nasty; usually multiple ways. It's not a sure thing, in Arena, but nothing ever really is. I'm not quite sure things are balanced properly, regarding Legendary vs all the single minion removal cards available, which is why a lot of competitive decks seem to run without anything bigger than a couple six mana cost cards centered around a lot of 4 minion strength cards.

Ridill
    BG Level

So I got a mage deck with:

2 poly
    2 flamestrike
    3 fireball
    a pyro
    argent commander
    2 blizzard

In my first game, of those 11 cards, 10 were still in my deck when I had drawn 15 cards.

I was, of course, against a priest that had drawn pretty much his entire deck at that point.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

At least you had good draft rng!

The balance in the game is okay, but it's certainly not great. Some heroes just have better commons and draft more favorably in arena. Mage also has the best hero ability in the game... Being able to ping 1 damage to any target without taking damage is clearly OP. Would be far more balanced if it at least couldn't go through taunters.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, after that happened I decided it was time to play some fifa lol, but I'm assuming I'll end up with at least 5-6 wins out of that barring utterly absurd luck. I'm not even gonna hope for 8 or 9 cuz I got no spell damage and just 1 spell cost reduction.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Grabbed a giveaway key on reddit - game is pretty fun!

Ridill
    BG Level

Every time I think I've seen the best draw imaginable, I get shit on even harder than I ever have before.

Get against a war with a fast rogue deck.

He goes second, draws fiery war axe for turn 2.

He's keeping board relatively decent between the axe and cleave and shit, but I'm also working him down fairly fast, and he used a shield block on turn 3 so I have like complete control.

On turn 6 I get him to 10 hp.

He leeroys, I kill it turn 7 with 2x shiv cuz I'm setting up a buff combo to get a few decent mobs up at once. I have an ass blade on at this point so I also hit him to knock him to 7 hp, and twice with the whelps to put him at 5.

Warsong commander > Molten giant > inner rage > 10 damage

I'm like... ow. But meh I think I'll survive

Continuing on the same turn...

novice brewmaster > molten giant again > coin > second warsong commander

Every mob has charge, for another 3+3+3+8 for 17.

27 damage total on that turn as a warrior with nothing on the board because of how badly he was getting beaten up to that point.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

9-0 as a Druid with no Swipe, Starfire, Claw, or Ironbark. My deck is also littered with mediocre to horrible cards, you can't even see the Nightblade or Ancient of War, pretty awful draft all around.

Ridill
    BG Level

28 minions? jesus lol

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

27, there's a Force of Nature hiding in there. Although, FoN is worth about 2 minions by itself. It rarely does worse than 2 for 1 in Arena.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So the new patch essentially ruins arena Hunter by completely nerfing UtH. MC to 10 mana for Priest knocks them down a level. Argent to 4-2 is okay, it was definitely OP at 4-3 DS/Charge. Buzzard, Flame Imp, and Shattered Sun were also nerfed, but the changes weren't that significant.

Constructed Hunter rush decks were cheesy as hell and too OP (and cheap) to make, but yeah Hunter already had issues in Arena and now it's looking bad. Seriously think they should have simply put UtH at 4 mana and otherwise left it as is. It would at least stop the double UtH madness.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    [pic]

9-0 as a Druid with no Swipe, Starfire, Claw, or Ironbark. My deck is also littered with mediocre to horrible cards, you can't even see the Nightblade or Ancient of War, pretty awful draft all around.
    I'm somewhat surprised you did so well. Didn't you have trouble where, if the opponent dropped a monster first, or otherwise has board control, you're basically playing catch-up until you die?

Really good mana curve there. 14 cost 2/3 minions is maybe 2 too many, but hey...arena.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised you did so well. Didn't you have trouble where, if the opponent dropped a monster first, or otherwise has board control, you're basically playing catch-up until you die?
    Over the long term it's almost impossible not to catch up with that many mid-cost minions. You'd likely lose card advantage but that's not a huge deal when almost every draw is something playable.

The big threat would be mages with a shitload of freezes while they nuke you down, I think.

Also, I don't approve of nerf to buzzard since hunter got huge nerf anyway. Bit much.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    It was rare to get out-muscled in the early game, but the one game I did Stormwind Knight cleaned up 2 for 1 after my opponent burned 3 cards taking out a taunt Druid of the Claw. Once I had early and mid game control, it was almost impossible to lose with 4 buff cards (Defender, Shattered x2, Dark Iron).

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Really good mana curve there. 14 cost 2/3 minions is maybe 2 too many, but hey...arena.
    My biggest arena strength has always been deck construction, it gets me a lot of wins I wouldn't get otherwise because I make a ton of mistakes during my games. I tend to favor the 3 slot heavily, even though this time I got stuck with some really horrible 3s (Raid Leader, Silverback, Demolisher).

Ridill
    BG Level

do people just not play rated even when they get good?

the depth of people's decks I'm seeing in unrated seems pretty crazy, plenty that seem like they'd take months to complete without spending shitloads of cash

Ridill
    BG Level

Also, anybody know what happens when both people die at the same time?

Just got to where I was fucked and had 3 hp, but had just enough damage to get him to 3hp too, and then hellfire... it gave me a loss lol. Wondering if it gives both losses or what, and guy I was against didn't accept friend invite.

also was against a priest that thoughtstole my fucking siphon soul and corruption

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast