+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I logged in tonight to do an arena run, and the patch reset my previous arena deck to 8 wins. So I quickly stomped out 4 more wins for an easy 12-0. It worked out quite nicely because when I finished the first run with this deck, I got 2 packs, the minimum 150 gold and a bunch of dust. This time I got 475 gold and a pack. All in all, a win.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Also, anybody know what happens when both people die at the same time?

Just got to where I was fucked and had 3 hp, but had just enough damage to get him to 3hp too, and then hellfire... it gave me a loss lol. Wondering if it gives both losses or what, and guy I was against didn't accept friend invite.

also was against a priest that thoughtstole my fucking siphon soul and corruption
    I don't ever play Warlock, so not sure, but I saw a post once about two decks going 9-3 in arena because a Warlock killed himself and his opponent and they both got a win and loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    do people just not play rated even when they get good?

the depth of people's decks I'm seeing in unrated seems pretty crazy, plenty that seem like they'd take months to complete without spending shitloads of cash
    I haven't done any constructed play since doing my 3 star Master run, but when I tested out decks in Unranked it seemed like I ran into far better decks than I was facing in any ranked level outside of 3 star.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Starving Buzzard is now a 2/1 (was a 2/2).

At some ranks, Hunter was too strong against Mage, Druid and Rogue. This change to Starving Buzzard helps even the playing field against those classes.
    I really don't get the logic behind this since the other 6 hero powers arn't gona be removing it anyway

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I don't get how you can remove the most common way they win by miles and miles and miles and then nerf things outside of it because they were winning too much against certain classes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

at some ranks aka none that matter

its all bullshit they told us exactly why they nerfed the other cards and what the problem was with that card

but for starving buzzard they said nothing about the actual card just some bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual card

Ridill
    BG Level

after playing with my hunter I understand it now

starving buzzard > timber wolf > unleash the hounds

can instantly turn completely lost position into utterly dominant one in terms of both board and card control

it's still a pretty amazing card after all

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just more situational now and kind of tough to make it work in arena in my opinion.

Went 11 wins on my first deck after the patch, Paladin. Tons of gold, like nearly 500 I think. No weapons (was only offered lights justice...against my first consecrate), but 3 consecrates and 1 equality were pretty key to my wins. Losses were to mage, fuck mage. Probably half of the arena's I did were against mage. Arena-wise what do you guys think is a good counter to mage? I feel like they're a major arena threat and after 5-6 wins I seem to queue into mage almost exclusively. Many of my wins against mage were almost exclusively RNG based and almost entirely aggro from the start. 2 wins were from bluegill warrior topdeck w/ blessing of kings in my hand... lol.

I drafted Warrior/Priest/Rogue and went with Warrior. Pretty decent draft and I destroyed a mage in the first game (currently 1-0). Weapon heavy with 1x fiery, 1x arathi, 2x arcanite, 1x gorehowl along with youthful and ancient brewmaster to brew back the arathi to eat up any ooze's. Mage didn't pull a flamestrike, but did have cone/frostbolt/blizzard and it was one sided the entire time. Won on turn 8, nothing they could do about it. Literally the only thing I consider when drafting is how a card will do against mage. Starting to devalue scarlet crusader a lot because it just doesn't work well against mage - goes 1 for 1 against anything on the baord and if they have no board presence the most you get out of it is 3 damage.

Ridill
    BG Level

woohhoo screenshots are working

or maybe they always were and I was just hitting pause instead of printscreen or some shit

either way, have my first screenshot, which I found hilarious

should have happened a turn or 2 sooner but fucking rags kept nuking the mobs I wanted to do it with

he had 22 hp

Ridill
    BG Level

just won 9 in arena as war before running into a mage that had a ridiculous start of cheap strong minions and frostbolts, then had 3 blizzards and 2 cone of colds between turn 5 and 8

got a pack, ~175 gold, and a golden noble sacrifice (not from the pack, from the arena directly) so I can't complain

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Not sure if I can play the game anymore. The RNG is so frustrating. Had an awesome deck in arena. went 2-3 because of shitty starting hands.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, the RNG seems like it's not actually that random, I get incredibly streaky "luck."

Decided to play some ranked the other day with a pally deck that's mediocre at best. Got to rank 20 on straight wins, haven't lost yet.

Decided to play some unranked with the same deck yesterday... starting hands of fucking 4/4/6/7 and shit being full mulliganed only to get 4/4/6/1 with the 1 being blessing of might...

like 8 games straight, seriously...

Ridill
    BG Level

also

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/mana...nt-overview-by

apparently the weekly tourneys they're doing that have a bunch of the best players...

EU and US, both groups had their final 4 be maining mage decks... and both groups had all 4's second deck... also be mage. And the exact same deck won both.

1x Sylvanas Windrunner
    2x Argent Commander
    2x Defender of Argus
    2x Acolyte of Pain
    2x Argent Squire
    2x Dark Iron Dwarf
    2x Faerie Dragon
    2x Harvest Golem
    2x Mana Wyrm
    2x Shattered Sun Cleric
    2x Novice Engineer
    2x Pyroblast
    1x Blizzard
    2x Cone of Cold
    2x Frostbolt
    2x Fireball

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Is there no way to add non-real id (as in not real name) friends in this game?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Add their battle tag.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just tested that, still shows real names.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. You have to setup parental controls, than disable real-ID entirely to stop your name from showing. Pretty bizarre the only way to get basic privacy options is to enable parental controls on your own account.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

that's weird...mine doesn't...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Are you assuming that because it shows your battletag on the friends list page (and not your real name?), because that's how it was for me and a friend when we tested it, but we could each see each others real name. IE, after adding to friends with battletag#xxxx, our friends list tabs looked like this:

own battletag name
    friends:
    real name of friend

which is kind of misleading. Maybe there is something else going on thou, idk.

Disabling real-id through parental controls did work for me however, real names are hidden (replaced with battletag) in both directions.

Ridill
    BG Level

everybody I've ever added through battletag has shown as their battletag, everybody I've ever added by their email has shown as real name

Ridill
    BG Level

so frustrating trying to figure out a decent deck...

put together a rogue deck, not super sure about it, seems like maybe too many spells but we'll see, that's kind of the idea of rogue

first game I get 1 eviscerate by round 9 as my only removal, including using my 1 sprint, just get nothing but minions

"well ok I guess that's kind of a good sign in a way"

next 2 games... nothing but spells all day, both times I got maybe 2-3 minions to play in first 7-8 rounds

the last game was a fucking hunter that had 2 eagle horn bows, coined one out on turn 2 and second on turn 4, then had highmanes for turns 6+7 and since I hadn't gotten shit to play a double kill command on turn 8

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I find rogues to be pretty weak at the moment sadly, was my favorite class. I've moved on to druid. Rogue just suffers too much against agro lock (mainly, blood imps push everything out of spell range for rogue, and rogue has very few efficient ways to deal with blood imps)

If you're playing rogue however, i'd strongly suggest putting in either fan of knives betrayal or blade flurry to deal with some AoE situations. Deadly poison is a given as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast