+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Hearthstone: Naxx is here! Brag about beating heroic super easy with cheese decks

I started the Hearthstone closed beta yesterday. I went into this with mixed expectations, mostly trending toward the skeptical side. As I should have expected, this game is excellent. Foolish of me to think that Blizzard might come out with a sub-par product. The few people I've chatted with are already in love with the game.

My interest in CCGs is limited at best, so I probably won't be playing this long term. But I can see those that do like CCGs playing this for a long time, especially if Blizzard is diligent with expansion sets. I threw the $20 I made from the D3 RMAH into the 15 pack option. Store worked perfectly with options for both Battlenet balance or straight credit card purchases.

Anyone else involved with Hearthstone yet?

I think it looks pretty damn fun, I'd love to try the beta out. My only concern is the pay 2 win aspect seems more than cosmetic, unlike LoL, for example. If everyone has a fair shot at earning all the cards(and not have top tier cards that can only be obtained via purchase), then I think I'd really get hooked playing this game.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I think it looks pretty damn fun, I'd love to try the beta out. My only concern is the pay 2 win aspect seems more than cosmetic, unlike LoL, for example. If everyone has a fair shot at earning all the cards(and not have top tier cards that can only be obtained via purchase), then I think I'd really get hooked playing this game.
    Doesn't seem likely given that they've stated the bonus you get for buying a pack during beta is an extra-powerful mekkatorque that won't be obtainable any other way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, it's a CCG, so pay-to-win comes with the territory. How is the complexity of the game, compared to MtG?

I've never played MtG competitively; I got into it by accident by finding a giant binder full of red cards like 15yrs ago(which, to this day, I have no clue how much it is/was worth) and only played maybe 20 full games in my life.

To me, it seems like this game has a super low learning-curve, but has good depth after you've acquired alot of cards. The rate of earning new cards outside of buying them seems like ass, even if you're really good. I watched some guy blow $50 for 200 cards with only 5 really good cards that came out of it. Sounds like most trading card games, except you don't own anything and you can't TRADE your cards lol

I love this game. It's so addicting. But yeah it can get kind of pricy. I figure spend 50$ like any new game costs to get a decent base of cards, then DE stuff from classes you don't care about to build one solid deck. OR just play Arena. Arena is amazifun.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I've leveled Mage, Rogue and Shaman to max level. I like Shaman the best of the 3, moving to Druid now. Seems that everyone is playing Priest right now, I'm facing Priest 4 out of 5 matches. Have yet to face a Hunter or Druid.

As for complexity, it's pretty basic. That is to be expected from a CCG in the beginning stages. I haven't played MTG since Revised, so I can't comment on that arena.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If I don't buy any packs, do I even have a chance to beat players who have?

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I've bought 15 packs and earned maybe 8-10 more, haven't really found much that would put me at all that much of an advantage over a player just starting the game.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm really upset I didn't get into the beta, the mobile versions of this game are really appealing to me. But I also don't want to put money into it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Anybody still playing this? I just got my invite and unlocked all the classes. What are the more popular ones right now, in the Arena? Clicked Arena just to see what it was about, and it locked me into Warlock, Paladin, Priest as my choices. Don't think I'll play it until tomorrow.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

In Arena it only lets you choose 3 random classes. Right now the most OP is probably a burst mage deck.

I'm not in the beta but I watch Kripparian play it on twitch. Can learn a ton from watching him or check out his youtube videos

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I've reached Grandmaster game twice with burst mage, but lost both times to control paladin. LoH is broken in arena. Of those 3 classes, Priest is the most common now, although I've played Arena twice since the wipe.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I haven't played in a while, but it was a good way to burn time. I have shit for cards though, so I don't do well against others.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What's a Burst Mage deck? I googled a bit, looks like a +spellpower deck oriented with lots of Taunt minions and damage spells?

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

If you don't have pyroblast, blizzards and ice lances, then taunt minions are good replacements.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Lots of people on various forums say they recently got invites, so hopefully you'll get yours soon.

Tried Arena twice, went 2-3 as Priest the first time, then 3-3 as Warrior the second time. Embarrassing.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just tried out that basic priest draw deck, it's pretty strong. Wish I had some orange cards and could roll one of the fun class decks like mage.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Played some arena after I got home late last night. Went 4-0 as Shaman, then ran into a deck with 4 fucking legendaries. 4 fucking legendaries. I almost beat him too, if Demolisher had hit Deathwing instead of the hero I could have killed Deathwing and won shortly after.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast