+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Lots of people on various forums say they recently got invites, so hopefully you'll get yours soon.

Tried Arena twice, went 2-3 as Priest the first time, then 3-3 as Warrior the second time. Embarrassing.
    I've been watching my email like a hawk. They've supposedly been sending out 30k a day until Monday and I have yet to receive one, been checking my battlenet profile and email/spam folders. Entered into several reddit giveaways. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. I could get into D3's joke of a beta but not the one I actually care about.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Got mine on Friday. Pretty good so far

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

GDI, not knowing the full extent of abilities suck. Just lost an Arena game because I didn't know a Spellbreaker silence would remove the Frozen status on an enemy minion.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Liking the Beta so far. I've been playing for about a week now (without the store).

Game needs a little work but I'm pretty impressed. At least its not half the snorefest WoW TCG is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea, if they release with the Dailies and Arena the way they are, it means anybody can do Arena at least twice a week if you're willing to run the Dailies, which is very nice for a free product.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally got my key.

In a spectacular losing streak last night I went like 1/3 on two Arenas and then like 10 games in a row afterwards; I switched to Priest, at least until I get some decent cards. Those were some of the most garbage draws I've ever seen in any card game ever.

Loving this though.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh god that was glorious.

On turn 6 played a Silverback Patriarch (1/4). Used Power Word: Shield on it bumping it to 1/6. The Mage ALMOST Fireball'd it (he'd already used two Polymorphs), but didn't figuring it to be harmless. Next turn I doubled it's health twice and then used the card that makes it's attack the same as it's HP. 24/24 finishing him off perfectly.

I kind of love Priest.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Priest is the OP class of the moment. Their control is too good, but easily fixable. Northshire Cleric should be nerfed to 1/2, card draw should be removed from Power Shield, and Shadow Word Pain should be lowered to 2 attack, or doubled in cost.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For sure. But I'm still gonna enjoy this ride while it lasts. A really good mage or terrible hands are the only thing that'll kill me with this deck. Even then the Mage has to get lucky. But I'm at like a 90% win-rate with a deck that's made almost entirely out of common cards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea, Priest is pretty insane right now. I just played my level 1 Druid deck without any packs against a Priest, and I don't have any packs opened, so it's basically all minions. When the Priest plays properly, it's hard to do just even trades at all stages of the game. You need to get board control early, but the threat of Mind Control and Holy Nova adds so much pressure. I managed to eek out a win, but only just barely.

But at any rate, it's still having a lot of fun overall. I don't have to bust my brains to build a deck, but when you're in game, the sense of strategy and tactics is definitely there. I just hope they take some cues from Hex and give you more to do with PvE content and different PvP formats.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes I would really enjoy a pvp draft pick mode that's not Arena. I love that kind of thing (even if it turns out I'm apparently really bad at it) and it sucks I only get to do it every few days.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Eanae#1510

Haven't bought any packs yet so I'm playing priest since it's by far the most forgiving starter deck out there. Ideally want to play rogue but I've heard they're by far the bottom of the barrel at the moment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do the dailies eventually move from 2 wins to 5 wins after a certain amount of overall wins? I just got one that requires 5 wins on two classes.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

It's random. You can get 2 or 5 win dailies at any point.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I hate Arena sometimes.

Get one of the sickest decks with TWO legendaries as Mage (Leonidas and something else silly), 3 polymorphs, a bunch of other great cards. Go 3-0, leave for work.

Come back and lose 3 times in a row due the most terrible hands/draws I've ever seen.

I'm pretty salty.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I rarely get decent cards as mage, but I picked it randomly the other night, got two flamestrikes and two blizzards. 9-0.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Did anyone watch the invitational at blizzcon? kripp vs artosis was pretty hype lol

Ridill
    BG Level

so how screwed are people that didn't get into the early stuff going to be in comparison to people that have been playing for a while?

assuming not spending money

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    so how screwed are people that didn't get into the early stuff going to be in comparison to people that have been playing for a while?

assuming not spending money
    Depending on what class you play you'll probably lose A LOT vs someone who has a decent number of cards at the start. The basic decks are pretty fucking awful until you unlock their 20 extra cards and make your own deck and even then you need a lot of crafted to make some classes work (rogue is a big one in this category).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, they're supposed to match newbies with newbies, so I don't think it'll be too bad. And you can always do Arena with gold from dailies, which levels the playing field somewhat.