1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Pretty much agree with what you said about WAR. It's pretty stupid how big of a damage difference my WAR takes compared to my PLD in coil. As well as the utility for ADS and better endurance on AoE threat for Turn4.

Yes I do not mean in any way to bash warriors, I have it at 50 myself, they just need work currently.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The only person who can provide said work is SE, and with their history of "balance" in XI, I remain unhopeful for reasonable change.

Quote Originally Posted by VentusInvictus View Post

http://ventusinvictus.blogspot.com/2...din-guide.html

I hope this post revitalizes interest in this blog
    Posting more would mean the world to me, actually.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by VentusInvictus View Post
    Not trying to spam, say PLD is better, self-promote or anything, but I think it would do the Warrior community well to take a look at my Shield Oath/Enmity findings on this post.

http://ventusinvictus.blogspot.com/2...din-guide.html

Also, please someone find something wrong with my testing so I know SE isn't fucking up enmity.
    Enmity due to first action/aggro? I also don't see any mention of how getting hit may factor into possible enmity loss.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You don't lose enmity from getting hit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is that so? I guess it would be plainly obvious if you test it. At this stage it's probably something that should have been stated though since very few have gotten off their asses to test mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Enmity due to first action/aggro? I also don't see any mention of how getting hit may factor into possible enmity loss.
    Regardless of who hit first I would get aggro by a good margin.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well, I finally broke into the HMs, but my gear is severely lacking. What should I be aiming for first? Should I bank Tombstones and splurge? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinroh View Post
    Well, I finally broke into the HMs, but my gear is severely lacking. What should I be aiming for first? Should I bank Tombstones and splurge? Any input is greatly appreciated.
    1st meaningful upgrade from AF is Hoplite (spelling), and honestly, after a week or so of AK runs, you'll not only have a few pieces, you'll have saved enough Philosophy for DL.

Since Speedruns have been eliminated, you should be able to do AK with relative ease now.
    - Always target summoner followers first and stun their Void Calls
    - Sleep Additional Followers
    - Sleep Lights
    - Sleep Eyes
    - Demons/Tauruses can't be slept, and I'm not sure if the Hippos can
    - When you see Void Thunder III, move to the side/back of the mob forcing them to turn around and cancel it
    - Stun Mind Melt on the first boss; it hits your weak spot for Massive Damage
    - Gargoyles that pop from the statues can be slept
    - Stun the first Gnat from Demon wall so it stands still and be LB'd down

Anyway, AK is technical snorefest, I only do it 5 times a week and get the rest of my Myth from HM Primals.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Awesome. I really do appreciate the input.

I also meant to ask, what weapon should I be aiming for if I'm unable to get a Primal yet?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinroh View Post
    Awesome. I really do appreciate the input.

I also meant to ask, what weapon should I be aiming for if I'm unable to get a Primal yet?
    Well you should be able to get Ifrit regardless of your gear or competence, fight is a snoozefest, but assuming you want something before that, you could consider simply your relic weapon precursor(which isn't good by any means, but should be better than what you have upon hitting 50) or the GC weapon, which require you to rank up, which iirc requires you to run AK anyway, so you'd have to run it once, unlock GC, then buy the GC weapon so you can run AK...

Could also take your luck and try to get a weapon drop from wanderer's palace, but that's like super random and it takes forever to clear if people in your group are braindead pubs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah, I've been in hit or miss with pub Ifrits, but gonna keep working on it. GC doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Did my first 8 man raid and i was pretty discouraged. i had a problem with gathering adds in boss fights when they are all spread out, i spam flash and overpower and try to provoke things off of the healers but it doesnt seem to work out. doesnt help that healer is running around.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by funshines View Post
    Did my first 8 man raid and i was pretty discouraged. i had a problem with gathering adds in boss fights when they are all spread out, i spam flash and overpower and try to provoke things off of the healers but it doesnt seem to work out. doesnt help that healer is running around.
    Assuming you're talking about CM. I do it this way: whenever adds spawn, they all aggro onto one person, usually a healer. It's really simple to know who this person is by looking at the red aggro lines. So instead of running around trying to separately pick up groups of mobs, go straight to the person who has aggro and use flash when there is a maximum number of mobs in range and then pick up the stray ones with tomahawk. Once you have them all grouped up, bring them on top of the boss, pop your offensive abilities and spam the shit out of overpower. The key is getting them all together as fast as possible.

Also I have been noticing this more and more, sometimes when WHM uses _some_ability_I_dont_know_which_but_think_its_medi ca_2_?_ it is really hard to take things off them, nearly impossible.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atthasit View Post
    Assuming you're talking about CM. I do it this way: whenever adds spawn, they all aggro onto one person, usually a healer. It's really simple to know who this person is by looking at the red aggro lines. So instead of running around trying to separately pick up groups of mobs, go straight to the person who has aggro and use flash when there is a maximum number of mobs in range and then pick up the stray ones with tomahawk. Once you have them all grouped up, bring them on top of the boss, pop your offensive abilities and spam the shit out of overpower. The key is getting them all together as fast as possible.

Also I have been noticing this more and more, sometimes when WHM uses _some_ability_I_dont_know_which_but_think_its_medi ca_2_?_ it is really hard to take things off them, nearly impossible.
    Both Medica spells are massive amounts of hate if they hit 8 people. The reason is that overflow HP healed still applies Enmity. I believe Cure1 is 400 potency, Cure2 is 550 Potency, Medica1 is 300, and Medica2 is 200+100 regen for 5 ticks. If a Medica1 hits 8 people, then it's like that WHM just cast 6 Cure1s at the same time, or slightly more than 4 Cure2s. Medica2 is like 4 Cure1s initially, and then 2 more every 3 seconds in addition to any other healing they're doing during that time.

I don't believe either of the Medicas have any innate Enmity increase, but they pull hate through sheer power if they hit everybody.

Benediction can also make something stick to them pretty hard if it's a fresh mob (an add, for instance), since it's potency is 100% of it's target's max HP. If I Bene a 6-7k HP Tank right as/after an add spawns, then I've got a good 7-8 Cure1s worth of enmity right out of the gate. That's gonna take you a minute to get off me without Provoke.

And speaking of Provoke, I think there could be a good strategy for initial hate utilizing Medica, Provoke, and then Shroud of Saints. If everyone gets on a mob's hate list and then a WHM does a couple Divine Sealed Medicas (One normal, and then the second one Swiftcast to minimize the time that they have hate) to get Enmity through the roof within seconds of the fight starting, then the tank could Provoke to match that Enmity and shoot miles ahead of all the DPS. The WHM would then use Shroud to dump half of their Enmity, and they could resume business as usual, but with the DPS able to rip loose immediately while the tank could sit around and pick their nose for a couple minutes, or concentrate on some other aspect of the fight without having to use their Enmity Combo.

I don't think I've ever lost hate to a DPS outside of Turn2 because of the mechanics, other times it's really a non-issue. I don't tank the first mobs killed in Turn 4, but tank 2nd/3rd Dreadnaught, the player that tanks the first set loses hate to DPS but that's more because all you're using is Flash. Basically, very specific cases.

Losing hate to healers in the first 2 minutes is always a possibility due to how shit goes, especially with how hard you are hit for. Basically losing 100% of your HP every 3s. Group perfection is the best deterrent.

And speaking of Provoke, I think there could be a good strategy for initial hate utilizing Medica, Provoke, and then Shroud of Saints.
    We tried something similar and it didn't work out very well because mobs have this weird tendency to continue running towards their previous target until they reach them and only then turn to chase whoever took aggro next. This got people killed by AoE and shit. Mobs don't always switch to the new aggro-holder immediately for some reason, even though they change their target according to target's target.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If a mob decides to do something, it will resolve that action no matter what; provoking or other primary enmity changes do not interrupt this resolution.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I don't think I've ever lost hate to a DPS outside of Turn2 because of the mechanics, other times it's really a non-issue. I don't tank the first mobs killed in Turn 4, but tank 2nd/3rd Dreadnaught, the player that tanks the first set loses hate to DPS but that's more because all you're using is Flash. Basically, very specific cases.

Losing hate to healers in the first 2 minutes is always a possibility due to how shit goes, especially with how hard you are hit for. Basically losing 100% of your HP every 3s. Group perfection is the best deterrent.
    You know if you do 0 dmg to the physical immune mob you still get the threat because it does dmg to the stoneskin right? If you mean the spiders then ignore me, but on Soldier/Knight I barely use flash and keep aggro from all 4 dps nuking seperate targets.

Also: If you lose hate to a dps in turn 2 then one of your tanks suck and isn't generating enough hate whilst tanking. (I guess if you go the slashing resistance route it could cause aggro issues, but I have never gone that way. Getting rid of ballast is more important imo).

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast