1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Been on PLD a lot and it's 23%, I want to say 24% on Warrior but I might be completely making that up.

Edit: Yeah Warrior mitigation is 24%

376 STR and you're only mitigating 24%? ಠ_ಠ

Since DET helps "damage" would melding/gearing Determination help raise that? Hell, at the very least we would be cured for more.

iirc in beta it was every 40 str for 1% so it's still in that ballpark if not the same. Still working on getting rose gold accessories and then quint melding those too but with those I should bump my VIT up by 6 points, my STR up by 12, crit by 8-10, similar parry, and still be able to meld probably 40-60 determination.

I went strength moreso because the only thing I've seen eat Warriors HP is Titan's conal and tbh you're fucked on that regardless of if you have 450 from VIT or not. Damage wise, Warrior is retarded strong and when faced against a Paladin I can't really see a situation where the Warrior wouldn't hold better hate.

The problem is Warrior gets super blown up and since we don't get Sentinel or Rampart like in 1.0 we really don't have a defensive ability because like most MMOs they didn't really scale defense well.

On the flip side, Paladin gets a second mitigation chance through block, 20%/40% damage reduction, 10s invulnerability, and 60% block rate increase on top of being able to equip Foresight. Their damage is really poor compared to Warrior, but it's not like Warrior is putting out DPS numbers either.

Warrior would be better with Bloodbath on -30s cooldown from what it is, 50% HP drain, and more HP drained from Path of the Storm/stronger path and stronger Infuriate abilities (SC/IB). That, or give us PLD's defensive abilities like we used to have because even then we got blown the fuck up by most things in the game that had any sort of difficulty.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's disappointing. Warrior is so much more fun to play as opposed to GLD/PLD.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Inner Beast is a huge plus for warrior over Paladin, which gets nothing like that. I dunno, Paladin's damage is terribad compared to Warrior too. I haven't gotten to do Titan hard yet, and Paladin was definitely good on Garuda, but for the rest of the content it's been Warrior all the way for me and it has been beyond what Paladin brings to the table. Damage mitigation is nice but I feel wrath counters, tons of HP and healing abilities and support to add %heal to you in ridiculous. I don't even spec Covalescence or Mantra but if I had to for a big fight it might work out better than Paladin. Paladin needs improvements somewhere atm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    That's disappointing. Warrior is so much more fun to play as opposed to GLD/PLD.
    In addition to previous, even taking the -damage penalty from Defiance or adding a -damage taken to Defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    In addition to previous, even taking the -damage penalty from Defiance or adding a -damage taken to Defiance.
    Not sure why defiance doesn't have a negative dmg taken aspect roped in with it. Are warriors doable on the hardmodes or just not even looked at in favor of paladins? Leveling gladiator was boring as hell to me up to 15, not exactly sure how leveling paladin would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Not sure why defiance doesn't have a negative dmg taken aspect roped in with it. Are warriors doable on the hardmodes or just not even looked at in favor of paladins? Leveling gladiator was boring as hell to me up to 15, not exactly sure how leveling paladin would be.
    Shield swipe makes it a bit more interesting. But it's basically rage of halone combo until the cows come home while focusing on stuns/silence and rotating cooldowns.

Kyoji

So I'm one of the unlucky Brav warriors who got bopped by the Darklight changes, am I practically f'd with AF till HDL or is there any alternative..

Darklight isn't "bad" it's just not the best thing right now. A Full DL/Bravura WAR still is better than AF/LT Weap like me.

And honestly, "best" is arguable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Having no problem on Titan at the moment, healers are saying I'm taking about the same dmg as the PLD. Plus we also get a native healing increase so that extra hp doesn't cost too much more mana to heal back up.

Gladiator is so faceroll lol.

Warrior is doable up to Titan, Phase2 of Titan is pretty crazy to tank and basically requires a block/parry, damage mitigation skill, stoneskin, full HP every time Titan does a line. On Paladin you're rotating skills and self casting stoneskin, on Warrior you're just praying. Garuda is doable with 2 Warriors, but it's an added layer of difficulty because the Warrior tanking Garuda during sisters can literally get blown the fuck up in less than a second. Don't know about Coil, doing it with Paladins until we're more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoji View Post
    So I'm one of the unlucky Brav warriors who got bopped by the Darklight changes, am I practically f'd with AF till HDL or is there any alternative..
    HDL or save for Heavy Darksteel+1. I had melds to buy flanch/body, but all of my stuff in 1.0 was melded DPS gear so I was boned in AF for a bit too.

Foresight appears to be terrible*. Anyone know if it somehow becomes better in the endgame? I'm still only level 42.

*i.imgur.com/4cmF6n1.png

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by biglarsen View Post
    Foresight appears to be terrible*. Anyone know if it somehow becomes better in the endgame? I'm still only level 42.

Looks more like it is reducing 10% than 20%.

Well, yeah, it increases defense by 20%. It's not like Rampart which grants +20% mitigation. And it seems +20% defense yields a negligible amount of mitigation, less than 10%.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by biglarsen View Post
    Well, yeah, it increases defense by 20%. It's not like Rampart which grants +20% mitigation. And it seems +20% defense yields a negligible amount of mitigation, less than 10%.
    Honestly, not a MRD. Read the tooltip quickly; was just reposting so your picture showed up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is Titan really doing so much damage in his final phase that it's breaking through 7k HP faster than it can be healed? Even with Infuriate/Inner Beast/Thrill of Battle/Convalescense?

Yea it's real tricky for about 3 seconds every so often

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Is Titan really doing so much damage in his final phase that it's breaking through 7k HP faster than it can be healed? Even with Infuriate/Inner Beast/Thrill of Battle/Convalescense?
    Mountain Crush was hitting me for 4.5k unmitigated, and I have 7k hp. You really need to time your Infuriate stacks perfectly, and having a SCH healer be totally on the ball with shields.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Jesus, that sounds crazy.

What am I getting myself into?