1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Different strokes for different folks, my friend. I like playing OT on WAR, personally.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Those are some interesting points, but some stuff is a little bunk.
    Not to mention any amount of adds beyond one means (probably) multiple uses of Flash, which quickly does away with the possibility of evading anything (also this assumes Blind isn't even outright resisted). With all of the Enmity bonuses to stuff like Steel Cyclone and Overpower, while having probably 3 Flashes-worth of MP (WAR is also able to fire off Featherfoot for a 15% chance of evading any physical attack and it isn't tied to the Blind-effect), I don't even really see the logic in the mob clusterfuck enmity argument (in terms of PLD being so advantaged). Also, who the fuck cares if Overpower isn't overpowering in terms of damage, it's there to help you get hate quickly and it does this pretty well from what i've witnessed; there's also some advantage in Overpower not being centered on yourself if the pack of mobs is large enough that Flash might miss 1-2 outlying mobs (and you're in a situation where as a PLD you'd want to be able to parry and block as many incoming attacks as possible).

There's some contradictory logic in points too (like weighing Stun so much more for PLD), or stuff that just doesn't even matter (Silence... what? Like one situational reserved use, otherwise its just damage).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i like war OT cause i can do 240+ dps in full str gear/str spec which i cannot do on pld.

i prefer to main tank on anything i do. but i'm not gonna ignore the obvious benefits of being able to leave defiance off the majority of the time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wasn't Sword-oath PLD vs not-Defiance WAR mathed out to be pretty similar DPS, though? That was the word on the street some time ago, although this was at the OF...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I am personaly confused by the ass hole mentality behind the following statement: "I am the paladin so I have to be the main tank because WARs are useless."

I got that yesterday in a CT PUG, & funnily enough I was the only WAR of the whole alliance. The PLD who said that to me was probably iLv73 (which isn't bad.) I ended up tanking all the bosses because they couldn't keep up with hate and the PLD who tried to tank KB (who was nearly full Allagan) wiped on it. Only part they could tank OK was against Thanathos, and again the boss was running after me for a while before they had the idea to provoke...

I really think its a matter of skills in the end, no one give 2 shit about your job, PLD or WAR since 2.1 are nearly on equal foots.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Skills, personality, personal awareness, it all comes into play.

I don't care about someone's care most of the time as long as it's not ludicrous.

In CT I've never main tanked. Too many tank wannabes want to do so, so I just basically do as little as possible while watching TV to get easy tokens. That's not to say my skill sucks however (I take over when I sense my group is going to shit), but when someone is treating CT like the hardest raid they're ever going to do and bark orders at everyone and spamming sounds on chat I tend to grow a bit annoyed as they take the fun and lolz out of it. I appreciate they just want to succeed and are doing so by telling people what to do, and although most people in DF are idiots, give them some credit at least.... lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maxmillian Diabolos
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

People take CT way too serious. It's a joke of a raid, imo. The primals, however, are exposing players left and right.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

WAR MT + PLD OT does more damage than PLD MT + WAR OT because Unchained/Inner Beast ignores damage reduction from Defiance and PLD actually has an offensive stance that boosts damage above neutral.

In Turn 4, WAR's Unchained + Berserk burst damage while tanking the 1st and 2nd dreadnaughts results in them dying much faster. PLD is clearly superior for actually surviving for a long period of time against double dreads though.

PLD is better for holding/kiting Knights and Soldiers because they don't need to build wrath for damage reduction. They also get to use MP in a fight where you can be TP starved as WAR.

In Garuda Extreme, PLD makes the better MT because they can alternate Rage of Halone on Garuda/Chirada for both enmity and damage reduction. They also have way more CDs to make 2x Wicked Wheel a non-issue even if you don't know the exact timing. On WAR, you have to time Inner Beast perfectly on an ability without a cast bar. It's possible with practice, but I wouldn't trust just any WAR to do it.

In Titan Extreme though, TP isn't an issue and I usually OT the mini-Titans on WAR because damage from 2x Steel Cyclone + Overpowers is pretty significant.

Basically, WAR excels at MT when high burst damage is needed or against big scripted attacks like Death Sentence/MB. PLD excels against multiple targets or long periods of high damage because they can stagger so many CDs back to back.

With tank swapping though, whoever is tanking can pretty much have some sort of defensive CD up full-time. We might do this more often on Twintania just to stagger CDs since we've gotten so used to it on Titan/Ifrit Ex.

I wouldn't dispute that WAR MT + PLD OT is more damage dealt overall, but it's also more damage taken, and it also puts more pressure on the WAR to juggle combos to keep up both enfeebs while doing enough BBs so that the PLD's Halone spam doesn't become an issue.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've not been paying too much to the last couple of pages since Warrior was always one of my secondary classes, but with the introduction of 2.1 accessories from the primals can anyone give me a rundown of what the general rundown BiS gear is, if it's changed?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

nothing has really changed. I have a couple of the new accessories and honestly I don't use/need them for war

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

whats an example war dps rotation trying to up my numbers

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    whats an example war dps rotation trying to up my numbers
    ?

Defiance Off > Assuming hate isn't an issue, I apply Storm's Eye > Berserk+Internal Release > Fracture > Butcher Block combo > reapply Storm's Eye > repeat ... weave Brutal Swing in at the beginning and during pacfication.

Can't see any other way to do it lol... hence the "?" above.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can use defiance + infuriate + inner beast (or SC for a group?) at the end of berserk, not sure if it's actually a gain though.

If anything tho you'd probably want to prep IB before using Berserk, you don't want to waste Berserk uptime spamming abilities.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got my Dual Haken last night. Looks like the AF2 legs + Allagan boots are a bigger upgrade than Allagan legs + AF2 boots, and it holds true with the Hoplite and CT placeholders as well. After that it looks like whichever i90 comes first gloves-wise, followed by an upgrade from Allagan to AF2 body once I have the accuracy in my accessories to cover the difference? Anyone mind taking a look and checking my math here? Coil group is still getting the hang of Turn 4 so the Battleaxe and Helm are a ways off yet.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9364/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Your accuracy is so far over the cap (I believe 472 is sufficient to cap in Turn 4?) to the point where you're actually better off using Bravura Zenith (if you have it) over Dual Haken, though the difference is minimal. Not sure what class you're blowing your CT drops on, but since you have so much surplus accuracy, you're pretty safe going with "if it increases my iLv, it's better".

BiS is great and all, but until you've been doing Coil for months, you're better off simply reacting to whatever coil drops and filling in the remaining slots with i90 myth stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll only be over the cap for as long as I'm using Darklight legs, though. Losing the acc from that puts me back down into the 470s.

Which, realistically, is still fine. I'm just trying to optimize my Myth purchases since I've got PLD and SCH to worry about too.

e: And no, I don't have Bravura Zenith yet. Figured I was better off saving the myth for AF2 upgrades once the stats on Dual Haken were announced.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien View Post
    I'll only be over the cap for as long as I'm using Darklight legs, though. Losing the acc from that puts me back down into the 470s.

Which, realistically, is still fine. I'm just trying to optimize my Myth purchases since I've got PLD and SCH to worry about too.

e: And no, I don't have Bravura Zenith yet. Figured I was better off saving the myth for AF2 upgrades once the stats on Dual Haken were announced.
    You'll be fine just keep getting that af2 or coil drops as you replace DL. Don't get Bravura Zenith. The next patch is a long ways off so keep in mind and on the look out that they may do Bravura Zenith+1 (just speculation)

As you gear more you may want to look into some melded accessories and going more toward a full str build and pushing out higher numbers. It all comes down to your pocket book and play style.

Question for Warrior.

Do you think that those "medium" heavy armor are tailored for WAR?
    Since they have better STR than heavy armor and slightly less VIT ....

Whenever I saw the armor list -
    GLD PLD WAR MRD
    And
    GLD PLD WAR MRD LNC DRG

Keep questioning myself, shall I go for these type of armor for my war?!

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast