1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Reasons I like playing WAR
    - Storms Path Combo does damage (not any real benefit to enmity) and heals me
    - Inner Beast heals me and does damage
    - Overpower is really efficient at keeping threat on multiple targets and keeping me above my healer's enmity bar
    - I can get up to like 7k HP with Thrill Of Battle and heal myself, so when I usually hit 50% of my life and pop it, my "I wasn't paying attention till just now and saw your HP dip" WHMs cure bomb me, I get more buffer.
    - Vengence as a sort of "Reflect"

Reasons I like tanking on PLD
    - Shield Bash being on the GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Yes, dead tanks are great tanks.

You would never tear hate off a Paladin on one target.
    I tear hate off every paladin/gld I have seen in any FATEs ive done. And not just from the start, I arrive late and tear the boss off them after a few combos like nothing, even when 3-5 lvls lower then them.

After 2 C2's you'll need to flash again on a slept mob
    I've had mobs be slept before though not sure what heals the healer was using, I was tanking 3 mobs at the time so it was decent heavy healing. Took literally 1 aggro combo to get hate back on the mob, and I stunned it out of sleep so it wouldn't even move towards the healer.

Either you're bad, or you're really bad. Warriors are aggro hogs and fucking roll out enmity like no tomorrow.

A little late to the party for this, but you get some decent armor upgrades (Mythril) while in Coerthas. Lv40 gear. Should last you until Lv45 AF
    Good to know, at 40 now. Been running Temple for some upgrades but only getting pally weapons/shields and caster armor loot. Just unlocked Cutter's so gonna run that later today I think and see how it is. Temple is fun as hell but I hate when dps don't kill the bees....fucking 2k final sting ftw baby!

Last temple run I did was with 2 BLMs who were terrible, both died on last boss and I ended up duoing the last boss from 40% to dead with just the healer, because we were the only two who could get out of glowing blue lines and inside glowing black boxes.

Can tank Titan on Warrior, need lots of 70 gear and 30 points into VIT and a solid healer. Can still get hairy and much less safe than a Paladin, but doable.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Think VIT attributes will matter with a couple of ilvl90 pieces or still better to dump them in VIT?

The HP increase from a full set is pretty huge, at least for the content (like Titan) you'd be good to go with putting them back into STR. So far I've literally only needed the VIT for Titan. I've only done Coil on Paladin though.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I've hit 50 WAR, cleared story. I'm told before I start farming Amdapor Keep, I need better gear than AF, including Ifrit weapon. Also being told before I tank Ifrit, I need better gear. Catch 22? Or do I essentially need to spam Castrum Meridanium for tomes. I may just jump off a building before that.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Go do a few runs of Wanderers Palace. A few drops from there should easily put you at the level for Keep and Ifrit.

You can do it in AF but you would need a really understanding party who would give you the patience to sit there and let you build a super large amount of hate prior to them really doing anything.

**For Ifrit.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    So I've hit 50 WAR, cleared story. I'm told before I start farming Amdapor Keep, I need better gear than AF, including Ifrit weapon. Also being told before I tank Ifrit, I need better gear. Catch 22? Or do I essentially need to spam Castrum Meridanium for tomes. I may just jump off a building before that.
    The frustrating cycle of MMOs.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I did Ifrit in AF and a 44 GC axe lol, very easy to keep hate unless you have people decked out with relics or better. The fight is extremely easy with a few competent key members. If you have a PLD that can stun eruptions whilst you tank and a BLM or SMN to Meteor nails you can clear it real easy. For references sake I was 30 points in STR and and using mostly shitty STR accs at the time too. So long as you're using CDs wisely you're pretty much set as far as your damage taken goes. If you're DFing it and have 2x WAR you're gonna want to plan alternating stuns for Eruption and be very on the ball, since WARs stun has a longer start up. I'd suggest making a macro to call out your stun if thats the case since most DF WARs I've seen are... not so sharp.

Tanking Ifrit is the easiest part of the fight as a whole. You don't really need good gear if your healers aren't incompetent.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    False Suspect
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Tldr: Skimming through I'm taking it the consensus is that you want to str>vit on war especially for trash like spamming keep for tokens? Higher end content titan and forward respec into more vit (which isn't a big deal).

I started tanking HM Ifrit straight after hitting 50 on my warrior and it has never been an issue. I don't think I've ever died from not being tanky enough, only when there's a wipe. That fight is all mechanics, not much of a gear check.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuspect View Post
    str>vit on war especially for trash like spamming keep for tokens?
    This statement contradicts itself in so many ways... If you're spamming keep for tokens you aren't killing trash (unless I misunderstood and you are calling the act of spamming AK "trash").

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

VIT is definitely unnecessary there though. More DPS will benefit you more in every boss. Some of the trash skips are kinda scary though on WAR so VIT wouldn't hurt there. At first we'd clear out a few pulls for some leeway but once I got used to the run and managing CDs we clear less out now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    False Suspect
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    This statement contradicts itself in so many ways... If you're spamming keep for tokens you aren't killing trash (unless I misunderstood and you are calling the act of spamming AK "trash").
    As far as I see it yes, keep is easy mode to farm tokens. Unfortunately the best route (per hour) to gear your jobs, relic, af gear etc. I don't understand how going from left to right and standing in the middle or killing a few adds, dodging a glowing ball is somehow hard? I'm trying to farm a shitload of tokens for multiple jobs and being a warrior makes it easier (duty finder, lack of tanks). The question remains is it better to load str or vit at this point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok so, has anyone here tanked the stupid serpent boss in Bahamuts Coil? I set Haymaker and I never dodged so I changed it to second wind, we barely managed to kill it with healers just spam healing both tanks non-stop, even at 1 or 2 stacks. Does that mob have ridiculously high accuracy or am I missing some kind of dodge stat? He hits so fucking hard with 3 or 4 stacks up that I was taking 5-6k dmg sometimes, which is ridiculous. I know PLD is a better tank there, but we are non-legacy peasants so don't have it leveled yet.

Also; VIT>STR for point allocation without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I may just jump off a building before that.
    Doing AK for Seals will force you to do that soon enough. My problem with Castrum is the amount of sheer entitlement (ie: Just take a look at 87% of Reddit posts) where people don't want to skip cutscenes to drastically cut down the time of a snorefest 90 minute dungeon to at least a cool 60.

I've done SO MANY bad AK runs that ended up taking an hour that I just give up on doing it with PUG anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuspect View Post
    I don't understand how going from left to right and standing in the middle or killing a few adds, dodging a glowing ball is somehow hard?
    The amount of fail on this run is too damn high, you'd be shocked.

Ifrit HM:

WAR main tanking and struggling to keep himself alive due to shitty PUG healers (which means no unchained at all and sitting on my GCD to counter Incinirate with Inner Beast to survive). PLD was on stun duty and just meleeing.

That being said I'm debating whether to respec full VIT or not for a couple of reasons:

1. Hate doesn't seem to be an issue, like ever, I have yet to meet anyone able to pull a boss off of me despite doing several Ifrit HM/Wanderers/Castrum/Praetorium runs.

Even as a fresh 50 with just AF and a Darklight Axe from Wanderers I didn't have any issue, Ifrit's Axe is cool but didn't seem to make that much of a difference either way.

2. damage output is nice but definitely not decisive (as it was in XI while zerging stuff, for instance).

WAR does a truckload more damage than PLD but can't quite put out DD classes numbers like it did in XI (Ridill/Bravura/etc.) anyway and you're never strapped for time during boss battles, it's more of a matter of survivability than anything, eventually you'll mow the mob down if you can keep going.

3. 9 healers out of 10 in this game are just too damn slow/clumsy and will make you sit at <30% HP for 10 seconds or longer every single time a couple of big attacks occur back to back, it's fine when I have self-healing abilities up (as I'm faster than them anyway since I pay attention to the mob's animations while they clearly only look at the HP bar) but there's moments when 500-600 more HP (which may be even more with Defiance up, gotta check that) might turn out useful.

I got plenty of seals and nothing to spend em on so I might as well test both builds before taking a final decision.

I also plan on levelling PLD next too since they basically share the same gear, for the most part.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast