1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 159 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I herped when I should have derped, or something like that yes ><

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    1. Should I spend blue scrips on WVR master books? The gear looks subpar as compared to what I have
    Blue scrip gear is useless for most people. Work on getting all your master books, and then blue crafter scrips are mostly useful for Delineations and for spare cooking mats.
    3. I have not done any Ixali quests but I seem to read a lot about them in old posts, should I be doing these?
    It's free, cheap, crafting XP, but unless you're completely out of leves it's never the best thing to do with your time. The tokens from the higher-level turnins are worthless now. On the other hand, if you want the beast tribe set done, better to run these while leveling a crafting class than later when capped.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been able to get crystals from morraine (i.e. fire crystals x27 from fire morraine x1), what do I need to do to get clusters?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Not exactly... From my understanding, fire moraine doesn't give a high quantity of stuff because it's not one of the hidden items. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken here.

For clusters, fire specifically, you'll want to target 2-purity of any of the following items:

Fire Moraine (note: low yield of clusters)
    Bright Fire Rock
    Radiant Fire Moraine

The charts in the link show that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ah, I misread that, I see it now

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That aetherial reduction stuff was help on the clusters, thanks.

Red gathering scripts favors: 1 script token = 1 favor. 1 favor = 5 min buff in the zone. Deplete two nodes, favor node spawns. Am I missing anything?

For items like Yellow Ooid and Yellow roundstone, does the gathering quantity move (king's favor 1/2) work on these items?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quantity + doesn't work unfortunately. Can get HQ but not sure if it does anything, only just started to gather favors.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Red gathering scripts favors: 1 script token = 1 favor.
    I've not begun to deal with favors, but looking at the vendor, I'm pretty sure 1 red gathering token = 5 favors

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

5 favors is what you get, aim to get 10 Ooids between those 5 so 1 scrip = set of crafting mats. I deplete 3 nodes with 1 hit left, go to the first two pop favor, deplete, if bonus node pops, farm the item and ignore clusters. Hit node 2, repeat etc till you are just jumping from node sets praying it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    5 favors is what you get, aim to get 10 Ooids between those 5 so 1 scrip = set of crafting mats. I deplete 3 nodes with 1 hit left, go to the first two pop favor, deplete, if bonus node pops, farm the item and ignore clusters. Hit node 2, repeat etc till you are just jumping from node sets praying it pops.
    Why aim for 10 items x set? Thats really low ballin it Lol You can easily get 15+ x set, unless RNG really fucks you over with multiple 0-items favors.

Oh and you can wear down 4 nodes total, and still be safe w/o them resetting to full, so save even more time if you do it that way.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

minor tip, deplete 4 nodes of the 6 down to 1 last swing before you pop the favor. saves you a small amount of time. neither hq nor quantity moves have any effect, just use the 50gp move to max collection to 100%. i know for sure that if the favor node is spawned from the last of a pair you don't need to collect the clusters, can move to next pair, but i always deplete it if 2nd of a pair of nodes is still up.

edit: posted before looking at last page, most of this already covered.

these things still don't sell as well as i'd like without advertising, had a stack of 30 ooids up at a decent discount for over a week now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

WHO ELSE ON THAT FUTURE GRIND?

LETS GO

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I can't stop looking at the fact that your tool is ... melting into your fingers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Something is funky with the spiritbond topic.

I took my mule out on brd to fight level 58 crawlers. I put on a chimerical felt skirt (level 60 - ilvl 150) and a Hallowed Chestnut Ring (level 56 - ilvl 110).

I killed six crawlers and got 2% spirit bond on the skirt, and none on the chestnut ring.

edit: Follow Up

I killed six level 51 Archaeonis and gained 0% SB on the skirt and 4% on the ring.

So, you can still bond DoH/DoL in combat, you just need to be in the right iLvl range (same as before). We just need to find the new ranges I suppose.

Which is worth doing, since we will be playing this version of the game for the next 18 months.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Something is funky with the spiritbond topic.

I took my mule out on brd to fight level 58 crawlers. I put on a chimerical felt skirt (level 60 - ilvl 150) and a Hallowed Chestnut Ring (level 56 - ilvl 110).

I killed six crawlers and got 2% spirit bond on the skirt, and none on the chestnut ring.

edit: Follow Up

I killed six level 51 Archaeonis and gained 0% SB on the skirt and 4% on the ring.

So, you can still bond DoH/DoL in combat, you just need to be in the right iLvl range (same as before). We just need to find the new ranges I suppose.

Which is worth doing, since we will be playing this version of the game for the next 18 months.
    Be easier to just grab some cheap mats (like birch syrup, chimerical felt, adamantite ore if you retainer/gather the stuff) and just quick synth it all, that way EVERYTHING spiritbinds and its pretty fast.

6ish hours worth of ventures for chimera manes (or especially the ampitheatre leather, 30min adamantite nodes) is like 30-50% spiritbind. I've been doing a set of crafted gear per day recently to save up for possible addition of V materia which may have a low chance to come from the Lv60 crafted cheap sets >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So is the extra crafting gear worth the grind? I've just been spamming favors.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

from what i understand you can make 2-star stuff with overmelded cheap gear and food, red scrip or favor crafted stuff only makes it easier. imo not worth it, but i'm not a crafting veteran, didn't really get into it until this expansion. obviously a good head start on next tier though, just not personally ready to work towards it when i'm not even finished levelling crafts yet.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    So is the extra crafting gear worth the grind? I've just been spamming favors.
    This is something everyone will have to decide for themselves mostly. I think some of us are waiting to see exactly what SE does. Some of the grind for this gear is steep, most especially for omni-crafters that like to max each class out. That is going to require a LOT of mats and a SHIT LOTS of melding (basically repeating the 2.0 initial crafting gear wall, but with weekly lockouts on mats this time). The problem is by 2.3 it had become obvious they were going to replace every piece of crafting gear, which is exactly what they did (except for the probably overlooked aetheryte rings, may they rest in peace). In the case of weapons, they did it three times (artisan, supra, luci).

I'm not making a single piece of job-specific AF until after 3.1 drops. I want to see if there is a turn-in or meldable all-jobs hat or something again like the first artisan spectacles. If we get past 3.1 without there being an all jobs piece, I'll take a look at it again, but artisan's spectacles didn't drop until 3.2, so it might be another 5 months before we see where they are taking crafting from a gear perspective.

The shorter version in that you can probably get away with just the weapons for now and see what happens. No matter what, the weapons are a fairly massive upgrade, even before melds.